[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers Insights from the TD Club Luncheon

PSULions

TD Club Luncheon

I have become friends with one of the beat writers that covers the Panthers and he just emailed me to tell me to check out is blog. Evidently, the offense was very predicable last year and most snaps were on one, allowing the Ds to get a jump on the snap. Sounds like the new OC, plans to throw in some new ways to combat that issue this year along with some other wrinkles too. I will post more information on his upcoming article tomorrow as he indicates he will share some more info from his conversation with Minter and Rucker this afternoon.

Another aside, he told me was that Colin Branch one of our part-time starter at safety, just signed with Oakland for the season.

He also shared with me that as much as he and I wanted to have the Panthers to make a run at Darius, it seems like the decision makers with the team are content to go to camp with what they have and will likely wait until camp to see if they have more issues in this area before trying to pick up a vet that is still unsigned or gets released. :D He did say that they may play the waiting game with him and see if his asking price drops before seriously looking at him to add him to the roster, but at this point will not likely pursue him. :D

TD Club Luncheon

I have become friends with one of the beat writers that covers the Panthers and he just emailed me to tell me to check out is blog. Evidently, the offense was very predicable last year and most snaps were on one, allowing the Ds to get a jump on the snap. Sounds like the new OC, plans to throw in some new ways to combat that issue this year along with some other wrinkles too. I will post more information on his upcoming article tomorrow as he indicates he will share some more info from his conversation with Minter and Rucker this afternoon.

Another aside, he told me was that Colin Branch one of our part-time starter at safety, just signed with Oakland for the season.

He also shared with me that as much as he and I wanted to have the Panthers to make a run at Darius, it seems like the decision makers with the team are content to go to camp with what they have and will likely wait until camp to see if they have more issues in this area before trying to pick up a vet that is still unsigned or gets released. :D He did say that they may play the waiting game with him and see if his asking price drops before seriously looking at him to add him to the roster, but at this point will not likely pursue him. :D

So who are the starting safeties for you this year?