[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the rumors begin to fly.

PantherDave

Cowher(ESPN radio only-as of yet) will return to the NFL in 2008 and will want complete control of football operations. The Panthers are of course listed as one of the teams interested( where is this info-who knows), and some are calling in a saying regardless of Fox's success this season-he's gone. We will have to wait and see on this one, as only time will tell, and some verifiable info can be obtained.

Edited by PantherDave

Cowher(ESPN radio only-as of yet) will return to the NFL in 2008 and will want complete control of football operations. The Panthers are of course listed as one of the teams interested( where is this info-who knows), and some are calling in a saying regardless of Fox's success this season-he's gone. We will have to wait and see on this one, as only time will tell, and some verifiable info can be obtained.

Regardless of success? I dont think so. He has been pretty consistent over the years, and unless management has it out for him (which I doubt), I dont see Fox getting canned "regardless of Fox's success"...

Regardless of success? I dont think so. He has been pretty consistent over the years, and unless management has it out for him (which I doubt), I dont see Fox getting canned "regardless of Fox's success"...

I agree, and the source is pro football talk evidently, so it's most likey crap. The other two teams are the Skins and the Browns.

I agree, and the source is pro football talk evidently, so it's most likey crap. The other two teams are the Skins and the Browns.

I dont think I have ever read that site. It seems like they always start rumors for the sake of umm... starting rumors.

Just curious, how much of a difference is there between Fox & Cowher's win-loss record? I'm just thinking, they are kind of similar because they are both coaches with a good percentage & good records. The only difference I see is that Cowher actually pulled off the SB victory where Fox fell just short. I honestly don't see the point of replacing Fox with Cowher. They are both quality coaches & basically starting over with Cowher would be a mistake IMO.

I think the only reason you are seeing these rumors about the Panthers is that Cowher lives there. I expect him to be coaching the Cleveland Browns in 2008 or 2009.

Cowher is a good coach and has obviously been successful and will no doubt be successful again... but his style of offense just personally bugs me and I would not want to be a fan of the team that has him implementing it again.

Just curious, how much of a difference is there between Fox & Cowher's win-loss record? I'm just thinking, they are kind of similar because they are both coaches with a good percentage & good records. The only difference I see is that Cowher actually pulled off the SB victory where Fox fell just short. I honestly don't see the point of replacing Fox with Cowher. They are both quality coaches & basically starting over with Cowher would be a mistake IMO.

I totally agree, and for the Huddle record, I would not take Cowher over Fox. The Bengals, Browns and Ravens could not punch their way outta a wet paper bag there for awhile, and they had a great run as a 6th seed-good for them.

I think the only reason you are seeing these rumors about the Panthers is that Cowher lives there. I expect him to be coaching the Cleveland Browns in 2008 or 2009.

I really hope my Giants wake up and lose that tard Coughlin and get Cowher. Give him anything he wants, but get him to NY.

I wouldn't fire Fox unless the replacement if a far better coach. All coaches want to personalize their new teams and struggle for a time. I really doubt it would happen unless the team stinks this year.

Everything that i've heard and read points to him going to the Skins...

It makes sense for him to go there...

Plus we know Snyder will pay him the insane amount of money to sign.

If he wants full control of football operations, then Vinny Cerrato is out and Danny boy gets no say in draft picks or free agents...and while I could see the former, I cannot see the latter.

I don't know about internet rumors,but on the way to work yesterday ESPN radio reported that Cowher was interested in returning in 2008,and the teams he was interested in were Carolina,Washington,and Cleveland.

I don't know about internet rumors,but on the way to work yesterday ESPN radio reported that Cowher was interested in returning in 2008,and the teams he was interested in were Carolina,Washington,and Cleveland.

There are specific reasons that he is interested in each:

1. Carolina - He has a home there

2. Washington - $$$ to be had

3. Cleveland - He played there and has that bond with the organization

Unfortunately, I still think he ends up in Cleveland. :D

Everything that i've heard and read points to him going to the Skins...

It makes sense for him to go there...

Plus we know Snyder will pay him the insane amount of money to sign.

But if control becomes an issue, Snyder won't let go.

That is what I heard on the news too. Here is the article from their web site.

Per www.wpxi.com

Rumors Speculate Cowher's Return To NFL

Web Site Reports Former Steelers Coach Has Talked To Teams

POSTED: 2:42 pm EDT June 19, 2007

UPDATED: 7:51 pm EDT June 19, 2007

PITTSBURGH -- A sports Web site reported that former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is planning his return to the NFL.

Sources from ProFootballTalk.com's said Cowher has been talking to the Browns, Redskins and Panthers and one of his demands will be full control of the football operations.

The Web site also said Cowher has begun lining up his front office and the list includes several Steelers executives.

So far there is no word on how much money Cowher will demand.

If he does return to the NFL Cowher is expected to fetch upwards of $8 million a year.

Snyder has already pretty much given up control to Gibbs and Co.

Steelers have a hugh fan base in the DC Area, he would fit in well. We'll take him.

I am not sure I understand why a hugh Steelers fan base in DC would have anything to do with Cowher coaching the skins. I would be afraid of Cowher and Snyder butting heads a lot.

Edited by max