[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DA in Duke Case Isnt the Lone Culprit

spain

Why would conservatives want to become teachers anyway? They aren't concerned about bettering society, just themselves...

If everyone bettered themselves then we are all better which makes a better society.

The libs want to better the "less fortunate" by using the tax money of all people and in turn hurting some and ultimately leading the "less fortunate" to expect handouts which in turn hurts society.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does more capital help? Perhaps building more schools to accomodate more students, paying teachers better to improve its schools even further? Providing more & better services? There's a myriad of ways capital can be used in schools.

We do engineering for schools. A school can be raised in a year. Contractors jump at the chance to be on school projects. Even if enrollment drops in a few years because the adjacent districts become more competitive, the properties become real assets and can be converted into capital, more probably with a return in investment.

Not sure where you are working, but here, there is no way that we go through planning, state education department approval, bond referendum, design, bidding and construction in a year. Yes, contractors do jump at the chance to work on school projects, but that doesn't cut the time frame down.

Yes, capital can be used by schools in many ways. The point that I am trying to make is that I don't see the incentive for a school to want to expand unless it needed to. Bigger isn't necessarily better. Yes, you might have good teachers now. However, if you need to go hire 15 more, are they going to be good? Unless the money that you received was more then the cost to ecucate the extra student, how are you going to have extra money to throw at services?

The libs want to better the "less fortunate" by using the tax money of all people and in turn hurting some and ultimately leading the "less fortunate" to expect handouts which in turn hurts society.

What party was in control of Congress and the Executive Branch during the largest expansion of federal govt. since FDR's New Deal? Keep up people, it's not 1970 anymore.

Not sure where you are working, but here, there is no way that we go through planning, state education department approval, bond referendum, design, bidding and construction in a year. Yes, contractors do jump at the chance to work on school projects, but that doesn't cut the time frame down.

Yes, capital can be used by schools in many ways. The point that I am trying to make is that I don't see the incentive for a school to want to expand unless it needed to. Bigger isn't necessarily better. Yes, you might have good teachers now. However, if you need to go hire 15 more, are they going to be good? Unless the money that you received was more then the cost to ecucate the extra student, how are you going to have extra money to throw at services?

Well, good. You've got that all figured out & know that the current system is much better.

If we'd learn to run government entities the way businesses are run, rather than bottomless troughes that can always be refilled by additional tax dollars, maybe things would get done more effectively, efficiently, and be more productive. Instead we have people who insist that we need to keep the status quo even though at the same time they'll admit there are hugh problems with the stauts quo.

Be part of the solution.

Well, good. You've got that all figured out & know that the current system is much better.

If we'd learn to run government entities the way businesses are run, rather than bottomless troughes that can always be refilled by additional tax dollars, maybe things would get done more effectively, efficiently, and be more productive. Instead we have people who insist that we need to keep the status quo even though at the same time they'll admit there are hugh problems with the stauts quo.

Be part of the solution.

I haven't claimed to have it all figured out. You have. All that I have done is ask questions about the implementation of your easy solution. As a matter of fact, if you go back, you will find where I said that I agree that change is necessary to the existing system. Either you are on a Spain style fishing expedition, or you don't really read what people are posting.

I am all for change to eliminate waste. However, your suggestion does not seem so easy to implement, and you have failed to show how that will result in any real savings when it comes to the education system.