[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dubai

alexgaddis

Who is going to become the first huddler to visit the lavish resort being built in Dubai?

It really sounds amazing but I don't plan on visiting the Middle East anytime soon...

You should look in to the island they want to build. It was on the travel channel a couple of weeks ago and frankly it looked amazing. I believe they said the cheapest house available on this man-made island was well over $1 million. Cool stuff.

You should look in to the island they want to build. It was on the travel channel a couple of weeks ago and frankly it looked amazing. I believe they said the cheapest house available on this man-made island was well over $1 million. Cool stuff.

I've seen it...its a big Palm leaf or something...

Let's see : 3000 bucks for a family vacation for a week in lake george, ny

Vs

A couple hundred thousand for a weeks vacation in the middle of the middle east

Nope , Won't be me

Edited by isleseeya

Let's see : 3000 bucks for a family vacation for a week in lake george, ny

Vs

A couple hundred thousand for a weeks vacation in the middle of the middle east

Nope , Won't be me

plus the 1mil for the m1 abrams for the road trip

Kinda funny how the terrorists are looking the other way towards this blatant display of excess....

You can't fault them for their creativity. Let's see if they can pull that off.

I saw this on the discovery channel, it's supposed to be done within the next few years, and they are alredy building a bunch of houses on it.

The scary thing is the long term plan by the prince is to build a bunch of islands like this down the coastline even bigger in scale.

and the Muslim extreemists think we are excessive. :D

Other experts say terrorists will not target Dubai because they might hurt their own money laundering operations, which benefit from the emirate’s position as a hub for finance, commerce, and international tourism.

“I don’t think any terrorist organization will conduct any hugh operation in Dubai or in the UAE, because it’s just like shooting yourself in the foot,” says Rabih Fayad, intelligence manager for the Middle East and Africa for International SOS. Money laundering is facilitated by the UAE’s status as a major financial center, light regulation of informal banking, and the country’s use as a transshipment point for drugs from Southwest Asia.

Politically, Fayad says Dubai does not incite the fury of extremists because it is not viewed as a “pro-Western Muppet” like nearby Saudi Arabia. “The ruling family is not known to say yes all the time” to Western wishes, he says. Case in point, Dubai refused to allow Western coalition troops to use its facilities during Desert Storm.

http://www.securitymanagement.com/library/001970.html

i guess even terrorists let things go if it benefits them

Who is going to become the first huddler to visit the lavish resort being built in Dubai?

It really sounds amazing but I don't plan on visiting the Middle East anytime soon...

I have an interesting job offer there. I do believe I shall decline as there is just as much money to be made in the oil sands of Canada (and Texas!! Yee HAW!!).

Kinda funny how the terrorists are looking the other way towards this blatant display of excess....

Good pt and very true ...very hypocritical as well

I would like to play golf there. I imagine I could kill at least 4 Muslims with my golf game.

This is just plain funny :D

I've been to the dry docks there and the Hilton. I think it was a Hilton. It had a bar called Humphrey Bogart's I think, supposedly the only bar in the whole country. That's what they said anyways. I got wasted on screwdrivers. There wasn't anything else to do there that I recall althought I swear we came across a Hardees in a mall.