[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

which player to keep?

Avernus

my keeper  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which player is my 2nd keeper?

• Reggie Bush
    • Clinton Portis

UPDATE: I have a potential trade in the works...check post 21 in this thread

Alright...both players are sharing the load and here come the tangibles...

there are a few "If's" here...so the question is, which IF has a stronger bearing on these players value..

IMO...IF Betts got hurt...as he's been known to do (except last year)...Portis could be back to his old form as long as he has no bad luck again...

and...IMO...IF Deuce gets hurt...I think that's worse for Bush because they play off one another alot...and deuce has been kind of injury prone (except last year)...

I personally have Bush pretty high on my RB rankings...and Portis isn't far behind...

based on the following unique scoring, who would you pick??

PPR for everyone

1 pt per 10 rush yds, 5 pt bonus @ 100 yds

2 pts per 10 rec/pass yds, 5 pt bonus @ 100 yds

rush TD's are worth between 6-9 pts (pending on the distance)

rec/pass TD's are worth between 9-12 pts (pending on the distance

preciate the responses...and if you pick a choice, post something so I know who to look for when I respond to your post..

Edited by Avernus

ppr for everyone & 2 X the rec pts than rush pts for yds? That easily puts the scoring in Bush's favor.

100% agree. Portis just is not as involved in a passing game. Bush gets a lot of catches, and he scored on passing plays as well, which give more pts than rushing TDs.

My vote goes to Bush. I'm still an avid Portis fan and think he'll regain a lot of his form this year even with Betts around and taking some opportunities from Clinton. Which might actually help Portis by keeping him fresher, healthier and the possibility for big plays. My brother's a Redskin season ticket holder and I go to several of the games during the year and enjoy watching Portis play when he's in form. Now to Bush. Looking at your scoring system I like Reggie's chances for very good fantasy production this year. While Deuce may be the starter Reggie is going to get plenty of touches, both rushing and receiving. I think he's going to be integrated more into the offense this year and it'll show up in his stats. He destined to be a stud player. There is still some risk I think with Portis in worrying about injury and the emergence of Betts but Clinton should still put up good numbers. Reggie will put up better numbers. The Saints will post better offensive stats than the Redskins this year and Bush will be a big reason why. The Saints have fewer question marks at the skill positions IMO than the 'Skins. You still have a difficult decision but for my money I'd keep Reggie.

yeah...I just like to hear everyone else agree with me...

preciate the responses....and the fact that I didn't overlook anything..

I was considering the fact that the Saints now have a 1st place schedule...but the only matchup problems he may have are vs Philly and Chicago...aside from AFC matchups...

My vote goes to Bush. I'm still an avid Portis fan and think he'll regain a lot of his form this year even with Betts around and taking some opportunities from Clinton. Which might actually help Portis by keeping him fresher, healthier and the possibility for big plays. My brother's a Redskin season ticket holder and I go to several of the games during the year and enjoy watching Portis play when he's in form. Now to Bush. Looking at your scoring system I like Reggie's chances for very good fantasy production this year. While Deuce may be the starter Reggie is going to get plenty of touches, both rushing and receiving. I think he's going to be integrated more into the offense this year and it'll show up in his stats. He destined to be a stud player. There is still some risk I think with Portis in worrying about injury and the emergence of Betts but Clinton should still put up good numbers. Reggie will put up better numbers. The Saints will post better offensive stats than the Redskins this year and Bush will be a big reason why. The Saints have fewer question marks at the skill positions IMO than the 'Skins. You still have a difficult decision but for my money I'd keep Reggie.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree completely

• 2 weeks later...

alright...I have a trade offer where I am getting ripped off, but I think this is a better move for now...

since I can only keep 2 and I'd keep Bush along with Gore...I figured why not offer bot Gore and Bush for a RB not sharing the load...

Portis and Bush for Addai...

he already has Rudi...but both of these backs are worth more than him in our scoring..

is this ill advised?...I know it's lopsided....but the chance to keep Addai and Gore sounds enticing..

alright...I have a trade offer where I am getting ripped off, but I think this is a better move for now...

since I can only keep 2 and I'd keep Bush along with Gore...I figured why not offer bot Gore and Bush for a RB not sharing the load...

he already has Rudi...but both of these backs are worth more than him in our scoring..

is this ill advised?...I know it's lopsided....but the chance to keep Addai and Gore sounds enticing..

The trade really whittles down to Bush for Addai since you're not keeping Portis. Addai will catch passes, which helps his cause. He's also on a high-powered offense and is the unquestioned #1 back. However, he's not played a full season and Indy does want to have someone else in there with him to help share the load. In your scoring system, I'd want a back who catches more passes...and that looks to be Bush.

Bush is such a receiving threat -- and I have to think his carries will be increasing over time -- that I would not be making this trade. IMHO.

I guess i'm just not convinced that you are getting a significant upgrade in Addai to sacrifice Bush and Portis.

Is it possible to also get a mid-round draft choice in return? Any chance of getting the LT, LJ, SJax owner to bite on a deal for Gore and Portis?

While I do like Addai, the potential Bush has is amazing. And he is sharing time right now with Duce which is nice. Allows him to be fresh on every play.

Addai on the other hand will be the main back. The problem is the Colts pass when they get into the red zone. So do the Saints but Reggie is like a receiver. More opportunities.

If you do the trade then get at least a 5th or 6th rounder as a way to "EVEN" the trade.

Croc

Edited by Croc4Life

I guess i'm just not convinced that you are getting a significant upgrade in Addai to sacrifice Bush and Portis.

Is it possible to also get a mid-round draft choice in return? Any chance of getting the LT, LJ, SJax owner to bite on a deal for Gore and Portis?

it's looking like Portis for a 2nd...which maximizes everything in value..

While I do like Addai, the potential Bush has is amazing. And he is sharing time right now with Duce which is nice. Allows him to be fresh on every play.

Addai on the other hand will be the main back. The problem is the Colts pass when they get into the red zone. So do the Saints but Reggie is like a receiver. More opportunities.

If you do the trade then get at least a 5th or 6th rounder as a way to "EVEN" the trade.

Croc

yeah I'd probably ask for a 3rd or maybe even a 4th to start out and be willing to go down to a 5th...

I have Addai ranked higher than both so I would probably do it.

Allow me to reiterate:

In your scoring system, with receiving yards getting twice the points as rushing yds and the greater value in receiving TDs than rushing TDs, Bush ought to be valued as no less than the 4th RB in the league. The guy makes his bones in the passing game, while McAllister does the dirty work rushing. Bush had 742 yds receiving in his rookie year. There's no reason to think he doesn't hit 800+ yds receiving with an additional 700 yds give or take rushing with 8-10 combined TDs - and that's not his ceiling.

No, you don't package Bush with Portis to get Addai.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Allow me to reiterate:

In your scoring system, with receiving yards getting twice the points as rushing yds and the greater value in receiving TDs than rushing TDs, Bush ought to be valued as no less than the 4th RB in the league. The guy makes his bones in the passing game, while McAllister does the dirty work rushing. Bush had 742 yds receiving in his rookie year. There's no reason to think he doesn't hit 800+ yds receiving with an additional 700 yds give or take rushing with 8-10 combined TDs - and that's not his ceiling.

No, you don't package Bush with Portis to get Addai.

ahah this is true...the only deal that looks enticing is SJax and a pick for Bush and Portis...and even then I am iffy...

moving Portis for a high pick to a team that doesn't have enough keepers is the ideal move...

• 3 weeks later...

alright...instead of posting this again with the new scenario, I'll just add it...

SJax and a 3rd for Bush and Portis...

so my 1st 2 picks would be SJax and Gore...and then I get two 3rd rounders...

this might be a 4th rounder...I forget what we talked about, but I'll try a 3rd....

what do you think about this?..

alright...instead of posting this again with the new scenario, I'll just add it...

this might be a 4th rounder...I forget what we talked about, but I'll try a 3rd....

I'd do that. Absolutely.

I'd definately do this even if he insists on the pick being a 4th rounder. You are basically trading 2 good RB, of which you can only keep 1, for a top 3 RB in SJax. Plus you are adding a draft pick. Sounds like a very good deal to me.

I'd definately do this even if he insists on the pick being a 4th rounder. You are basically trading 2 good RB, of which you can only keep 1, for a top 3 RB in SJax. Plus you are adding a draft pick. Sounds like a very good deal to me.

pretty much...but I am keeping Gore and SJax...

I can keep 2...but I have 3 top notch RB's...

the 4th rounder is just a bonus..

pretty much...but I am keeping Gore and SJax...

I can keep 2...but I have 3 top notch RB's...

the 4th rounder is just a bonus..

Exactly. You are going from Gore and Portis/Bush to Gore and SJax plus an additional draft pick. Since you can only keep two it makes sense to trade 2 of your RB for an upgrade.