[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it rude to?...

BigMikeinNY

OK, so it was 6 AM this morning and I stopped and got some gas before work. I filled up my little Accent for 30 bucks and went in to pay with cash. The line was about 7 people deep who were all buying items or paying with a credit card. I have just filled my car with gas to an even $30.00 and I have the exact amount in my hand. I figured instead of waiting in line for 15 minutes, I'll step between the first and second person in line, place my $30.00 on the counter and annouce to the cashier "Pump #3, have a great day"......

.......well, I have never pissed off more people in my life. The last 5 people in line began to roll their eyes, mumble under their breath and make comments like "You special or something?" and "Wait like the rest of us".....

I honestly dont think it's rude what I did, but I dont think I will do it ever again because of the response it recieved.

Was I rude or is what I did acceptable? or maybe both?

BigMike

Edited by BigMikeinNY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so it was 6 AM this morning and I stopped and got some gas before work. I filled up my little Accent for 30 bucks and went in to pay with cash. The line was about 7 people deep who were all buying items or paying with a credit card. I have just filled my car with gas to an even $30.00 and I have the exact amount in my hand. I figured instead of waiting in line for 15 minutes, I'll step between the first and second person in line, place my $30.00 on the counter and annouce to the cashier "Pump #3, have a great day"......

.......well, I have never pissed off more people in my life. The last 5 people in line began to roll their eyes, mumble under their breath and make comments like "You special or something?" and "Wait like the rest of us".....

I honestly dont think it's rude what I did, but I dont think I will do it ever again because of the response it recieved.

Was I rude or is what I did acceptable? or maybe both?

BigMike

Mean people suck.

Pre debit card days i would do that.......but i always gased up at the same place and the counter help knew me.......they actually liked the fact that the line didn't get longer.......there were some eyerollers at times ....but F them.......people that wait in lines end up at Spains........ :D

Here in my part of town its like an unwritten rule where if you are paying for gas and have the exact amount of money you can "cut" the line. The only thing is you do not actually "cut" in between people you just go start another line by the pump register (which is in front of everyone) and the teller usually takes the money to get you out of the store.

Yep, unwritten rule here. If you have exact change for the pump, then you're okay to do that.

What really irritates me is when people pay cash (get an f'n debit card)!

Then when they have to walk inside to pay cash, they don't move their car from the pump line to walk inside.

The necks around here do that all the time. They have to fill up a pump lane while they run in to get their Bud Lite and chit-chat about how Dale did this past weekend. :mad:

I use my debit / Credit card whenever possible for this very reason. If it's a nice gas station store you might have people in there shopping for the week which could take forever so if the line was long due to this and I had exact change I would put the money on the counter as well and say the pump #.

And you know someone in that line is getting lotto tickets or lottery tickets to which they may scratch them off right there.

Well I think it really depends on if its "pay before you pump" or if they can ring it up after the line clears. If its the former then I'd say its all good. If they have to stop what they are doing then you should wait.

What I love is waiting behind people that are buying lottery tickets... :D I actually have the tellers at my local corner store trained. If they see me in line and someone is in front of me trying to buy lotto they will tell them to stand aside and ring me up first.

What is this self service that you speak of :D

:D Last time we went to AC, the guy I was riding with was driving and messed up. He started pumping his own gas at the Wawa. You ever been reprimanded by a Wawa gas attendant? It ain't purty. One day they'll trust you guys to pump yer own gas. Oh yes, one day.

Somebody shoulda kicked your ass for driving an Accent.

+1

Edited by TimC

I think it's perfectly fine what you did. Although I, too, would've gone to the front of the line and away from the other line if possible.

It's the same as if you went to a store that sells newspapers and you put your exact change on the counter while others are on line.

Nevermind the stares.