[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it rude to?...

BigMikeinNY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Last time we went to AC, the guy I was riding with was driving and messed up. He started pumping his own gas at the Wawa. You ever been reprimanded by a Wawa gas attendant? It ain't purty. One day they'll trust you guys to pump yer own gas. Oh yes, one day.

Do you know the reason why New Jersey residents aren't allowed to pump their own gas?

First correct answer wins a free Atlantic City shotglass!!

Do you know the reason why New Jersey residents aren't allowed to pump their own gas?

I found this at a different website:

The citizens of New Jersey are so ignorant that they are incapable of learning to operate a gasoline pump. And possibly the worry is that Newark residents would mistake a bullet hole in their car for the gas tank hole and try putting the gas in there.
Edited by wiegie

lawyers that like to sue because people do not know how to pump gas?

Edited by dmarc117

Back in the day, NJ lawmakers thought dispensing a flammable liquid was really dangerous and needed to be done by professionals. Now that pumping gas is much safer, they just think that the population is a bunch of f'n idiots.

Back in the day, NJ lawmakers thought dispensing a flammable liquid was really dangerous and needed to be done by professionals. Now that pumping gas is much safer, they just think that the population is a bunch of f'n idiots.

I believe it's the same thing in Oregon. :D

Okay, serious answer. The grease in Jersey resident's hair might catch fire?

It kind of depends... if I were stuck way back in line and things were moving slow or the cashier seemed to be an incompetent kid (and so i was already annoyed at the fact that I was stuck in a slow moving line), I would be pretty seriously ticked off at anyone cutting in front to throw their cash down like that. And I'd have probably been one of the people to curse you out.

In most other cases, with smooth flowing service, I probably wouldn't mind too much... at least not enough to say something about it.

it's rude to cut the line any time, for any reason. maybe sometimes the reason is good enough that you do it anyway, but it's still rude. IMO you should've: 1) asked the people if they minded first, 2) just waited your turn, or 3) paid at the pump like a normal person. :D

This is my answer.

did your actions cause the people to wait any longer? if not, how is this any different from paying at the pump. just because someone has to wait because they dont have exact change, thats their problem. now if your actions caused extra wait time, then could be considered a little rude.

Edited by dmarc117

So the question here is ... can anybody with the correct change go to the front of the line regardless of their purchase?

So the guy getting a newspaper, or the guy getting a fountain drink (me, every morning), or the guy getting whatever as long as he knows the right price and has the correct change ... can all go to the front of the line?

So the question here is ... can anybody with the correct change go to the front of the line regardless of their purchase?

So the guy getting a newspaper, or the guy getting a fountain drink (me, every morning), or the guy getting whatever as long as he knows the right price and has the correct change ... can all go to the front of the line?

I see where you are headed and dont disagree but the examples you gave seem like small cash purchases with no threat of being held up by a credit card..

As a jersey resident , I take offense to many of these comments ..actually. I don't but I am paying a lot less for gas than many of you and get to stay in my warm or cool (add season) car while someones pumps it for me :D

Cmon whomp , jump in and defend the proud state of nj with me :D