[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef

godtomsatan

Hmmm....didn't realize it had started, but the first two episodes were on Bravo last night. Anyone else watching? The only thing I noticed is that most of them annoy the crap out of me and I can't wait to see them all get canned.

not too crazy about this cast. hung and micah seem to have the most skill so far. trey is not bad either.

I don't understand why they bothered with Sandee, even though they kicked her off last night. Seemed rather amateurish and admitted she's only been in a kitchen 3 years.

I never understand why one contestant will throw another under the bus, even when the judges ask who he thinks should be told to pack his/her knives.

Wouldn't it show more leadership and more "top chefness" to simply answer, "I know I made an error today. This is not representative of my skills and I'm certain I can and will do better. As to who should go instead of me, I can't say as everyone here has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. I am fortunate that I am not in the position of a judge and have to make such a difficult decision.

As I think about it, the argument to this might be that if one wants to be a Top Chef, one has to make these difficult decisions and be able to back them up. Perhaps a follow up line to the statement above might be, "If this were my kitchen and I were in charge, I could certainly make the decision. But this is not my kitchen and I have too much respect for my peers to single one out."

In any event, whenever one chef throws another under the bus, s/he always comes across looking like a whiny ass hole.

Edited by untateve

In any event, whenever one chef throws another under the bus, s/he always comes across looking like a whiny ass hole.

And it never works. Also, the one dude who was being thrown under the bus is obviously not particularly good. Seems to me you'd rather have that guy around longer than say, the salty salmon guy or the non-bbq lobster cooker.

The accented one got the boot last night. She looked steely enough that I thought she might turn into a cool b-i-t-c-h as the show progressed, but frankly, she just didn't give a ratzazz with the lame looking meat loaf. I would have booted off the ethnic chick who made the chicken ala king, but whatever Padma wants, I'd do.

The accented one got the boot last night. She looked steely enough that I thought she might turn into a cool b-i-t-c-h as the show progressed, but frankly, she just didn't give a ratzazz with the lame looking meat loaf. I would have booted off the ethnic chick who made the chicken ala king, but whatever Padma wants, I'd do.

after the past couple of episodes she has shown some inconsistancy..despite that bad meatloaf, her exit might still be a touch premature compared to some of the people still competing.

dale is starting to look better to me, as is cj.

Edited by Bier Meister

I can't get over Howie (?), the big bald guy that sweats in all the food :D

Makes me glad I can't see in the kitchen.

There's a sandwich shop by my office that just recently hired a guy like that. I stopped going there because I was so repulsed whenever he'd make the sandwiches. :D

I can't get over Howie (?), the big bald guy that sweats in all the food :D

Makes me glad I can't see in the kitchen.

If I were a chef, I would think this would be a bonus. Imagine the time saved having to season the food with salt.

Islamists with a Fatwa?

Now this was a nice zinger I suspect went right over most heads.

The world just isn't fair when a hairy man-troll like Rushtie is coupling with something like her. You would think Allah would have arranged for him to marry Rosie O'Donnell or something.

Now this was a nice zinger I suspect went right over most heads.

The world just isn't fair when a hairy man-troll like Rushtie is coupling with something like her. You would think Allah would have arranged for him to marry Rosie O'Donnell or something.

Dude! They're splitsville!

My favorite was the first quickfire challenge... the cajun dude didn't know what an amuse bouche was, and he came up with this huge fruit salad looking thing. :D Tom just kinda looked at it and said something like, "looks more like a first course." I knew right then and there that he was going home very quickly!