[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

muck

:D

I can't believe nobody commented on this video!!! I thought this was absolutely hysterical! LJ had me pissin' my pants. :D But it's okay...it's okay.

What's it of? his Herm impression last year? I can't see youtube at work.

Just curious everyone.......does any or many of you know that here in KC it's about a 50-50 split on the way the fans feel about the guy? He's either liked or hated by most here, about half want to see him traded or run into the groung on his current contract feeling he wont be able to produce as long as the contract he wants for the money he wants and the other half thinks he should be paid.

Any of you know this?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been in the Honor Your Contract camp, always. I don't believe in the concept of outplaying ones contract.

That said K.C. is endangering this guys health and future at the rate they have been running him into the ground. They have crossed into new territory with him. Under these relatively unprecedented circumstances were I he, I would not risk my future giving the production of nearly two players for the pay of one backup.

Yup the postgame coaches' report and LJ steps to the mic to deliver.

LJ has made direct comparisons of his workload and the workload of Earl Campbell ... and followed that up with comments of Campbell's current health (he is pretty much confined to a wheelchair).

And I paraphrase, "And if they (the KC coaching staff) are going to put me in a wheelchair, I want to get paid for it."

I believe that LJ has also hit certain performance targets that would allow him to void the final couple of years of his rookie deal. For some reason I think that (functionally) this is the last year of his deal ... so, if he doesn't get signed, he'll get the franchise tag ...

And, for Carl Peterson, that'd probably be the cheapest way to do it ... franchise him until he falls apart ... rather than sign him to a big deal.

However, it's hard not to see what LJ is talking about with Earl Campbell's situation and his current workload...

I believe that LJ has also hit certain performance targets that would allow him to void the final couple of years of his rookie deal. For some reason I think that (functionally) this is the last year of his deal ... so, if he doesn't get signed, he'll get the franchise tag ...

And, for Carl Peterson, that'd probably be the cheapest way to do it ... franchise him until he falls apart ... rather than sign him to a big deal.

I also believe this to be true. I have heard that this essentially the last year of the deal. He'll be one pissed off man, will it affect his performance, attitude though? Financially what Peterson is doing makes sense, especially after he got burnt by Holmes.

Edited by Hat Trick

I also believe this to be true. I have heard that this essentially the last year of the deal. He'll be one pissed off man, will it affect his performance, attitude though? Financially what Peterson is doing makes sense, especially after he got burnt by Holmes.

I expect in a good way. He's always been a pissed off runner; Joe Pa once said of him in his Penn State days, "He runs with bad intentions". I'd say it translates into a steady on the field performance. I don't know that you can get much more out of him than you currently are.

Just curious everyone.......does any or many of you know that here in KC it's about a 50-50 split on the way the fans feel about the guy? He's either liked or hated by most here, about half want to see him traded or run into the groung on his current contract feeling he wont be able to produce as long as the contract he wants for the money he wants and the other half thinks he should be paid.

Any of you know this?

I did not know that, but it doesnt really surprise me. Id be curious to know how he is as a team mate though...

I think every player should honor the contract that they signed initially and then worry about renegotiating during the last year of it. Then their new contract should reflect what they have done on the field the previous few years. I know LJ has lit it up over the past 2 seasons, but when he signed, he was a back up to Priest Holmes and probably wasn't looking at much field time before Holmes got injured.

I think every player should honor the contract that they signed initially and then worry about renegotiating during the last year of it. Then their new contract should reflect what they have done on the field the previous few years. I know LJ has lit it up over the past 2 seasons, but when he signed, he was a back up to Priest Holmes and probably wasn't looking at much field time before Holmes got injured.

Hello momo...did you read anyone elses' posts?

Due to reaching certain incentives, he can void the last couple of years of his contract. For all intents and purposes, this is the last year of his contract.

Are you awake?

:taptaptap: Is this thing on?

It's a business...why should they honor their contract if it benefits them to not honor it? The teams won't honor the contracts if the player's performance falls off...the players will be cut. By the same token if the player's feel they are being taken by their current contractual situation than they should have the right to act in a similar way.

Works well for the Raiders though if the Chefs screw up and get into a holdout situation.

No matter how much KC sucks, OAK will still suck worse. Not seeing an upside for the Butt Black (sorry about that...) Holers here.

Speaking of cheese...LJ would make a nice addition to the zone blocking team in Green Bay.

C'mon Ted...make the sly pre-training camp megadeal that all us Packer fans lust after. DO IT TED!!! :D

If the Packers are going to make another run before Brett retires, LJ would be a great pickup.

If the Packers are going to make another run before Brett retires, LJ would be a great pickup.

Ok seriously, I gotta :D at this.

It's a business...why should they honor their contract if it benefits them to not honor it? The teams won't honor the contracts if the player's performance falls off...the players will be cut. By the same token if the player's feel they are being taken by their current contractual situation than they should have the right to act in a similar way.

The military is a business too, but does it benefit anyone serving our country to be put in a situation where the outcome will inevitably lead to those soldiers' deaths? No it doesn't, but those soldiers honor the contract they signed before they took the oath of enlistment. So why should a little football player honor his contract? Because it's a contract!!! He whines about making $1.75 million to play a game when people risk their lives for $40 grand a year just so he can play that game????? Some people need to get their priorities in line.

This sounds a lot like TO doesn't it. Honor your contract and then talk about the money later. I hate it when these players complain about who makes what. Nobody held a gun to this guys head when he agreed to his current contract. I just don't know why many of you are not making this connection to the TO situation. Poor LJ, he only makes a million 7, poor baby!!!

No football is just a stupid game in the big picture, and the military isn't a business, it is, presumably, a public service provided by the government wheras the NFL is a corporate entity of the free market. Football players aren't out there presumably defending there countries the way a soldier presumably does with his life, so you can't make a comparison between the committment that a guy makes playing a child's game and the committment that a soldier makes to his beliefs/country. If the owner's can just tear up contracts and release players whenever they damn well feel, players should have a similar freedom to do what they choose when it benefits them as well.

The sooner people stop taking a stupid child's game like football/baseball etc. so seriously and stop forking over any amount of money to the leagues at every opportunity the sooner these spoiled athletes will have reasonable contracts to begin with. If you don't like that they make so much money, than stop paying it to them it in the first place by buying all their crap. I've never once paid money for an NFL ticket, uniform, tv product, etc. nor do I intend to for that reason alone.

Owners don't have to honor contracts any more than players do...if a player doesn't show up, he doesn't get paid, as it stipulates in the contract. Likewise if a owner no longer believes in the investment of a player or something happens to the player, the owner tears that contract up and has to front the player whatever amount is stipulated in the contract to the player.

The military is a business too, but does it benefit anyone serving our country to be put in a situation where the outcome will inevitably lead to those soldiers' deaths? No it doesn't, but those soldiers honor the contract they signed before they took the oath of enlistment. So why should a little football player honor his contract? Because it's a contract!!! He whines about making $1.75 million to play a game when people risk their lives for $40 grand a year just so he can play that game????? Some people need to get their priorities in line.

Edited by Crazysight

So you're saying that Vernand Morency and Noah Herron are going to run opposing defenses into the ground? Um, OK. :D:D

No I'm laughing at

1) The chiefs doing anything other than franchising LJ

2) The Pack doing anything in the next several years

Please cite one instance of a team not honoring a contract. It's never happened. When a team signs a player they pay a bonus. They also negotiate for yearly salaries for a specific number of years should they still believe the player to be worth those salaries. The bonus secures for the team the unilateral right to have the players services should the team so desire. When a team cuts a player they have prepaid the player for the right to do so. The palyer has no contractual right to continue with the team. They only have the right to the agreed upon salary if the team wishes their services at that price.

If any NFL team ever failed to live up to the contract don't you think you would have seem law suits by cut players? It never happens because the player has no rights and the teams have already honored the contract upon the payment of the signing bonus.

No I'm laughing at

1) The chiefs doing anything other than franchising LJ

2) The Pack doing anything in the next several years

1) LJ could hold out and force a trade. The Chiefs are years away from winning anything and it might be in their best interest to take an inexpensive young player and a draft pick.

2) The Packers have some very good young defensive players who improved substantially towards the end of last season. They may not be contenders yet, but I could easily see them getting to the playoffs this year in the wide-open NFC.