[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ value keeper trade/

Tuff Luck

I am thinking of proposing a trade where I give up LJ for Reggie Bush and one of the following WR Steve Smith, M. Harrison or TO. Am i asking too much or should I expect more maybe A. Boldin.

I can keep 6 from my sig.

my thoughts

T. Brady

LJ

C. Benson

W. McGahee

M. Colston

A. Johnson or B Jacobs?

Other owners potential keepers (We have til 8/1)

P. Manning

F. Gore

R. Bush

T. Henry ?

S. Smith

TO

M. Harrison

A. Boldin (non keeper for him keeper for me)

If the other owner considers LJ an upgrade, it would make sense for him to do this type of a deal, though I feel you may be asking too much. Bush is gonna command a very high price in a keeper league, especialy one with PPR as your is.

I would maybe temper my expectations, but play off the fact that this owner would need to be releasing these players if he does not make a trade.

Where in the first would you pick if you only kept 5? This has some bearing as the decision to keep 5 or 6 must be weighted against what is available, as based on the other teams roster it appears there will be some quality players available.

Lot of options to consider. What other QBs are being kept. You may want to consider not keeping a QB if there will be a few available, and keeping Jacobs or something like that and maintaining your first rounder to reacquire Brady if he is best available or another player like Boldin (assuming you dont do a deal).

If you do a deal, and since you are looking to deal LJ for multiple players, add in to your "cost" the fact that you are no longer going to be able to keep some of the players you have pegged as keepers, plus would also likely be forfeiting your 1st rounder for a 6th keeper.

wow...the possibilities are endless here...

in a 6 man keeper, I'd try to unload some of your other backs..

but if you're moving LJ, I'd try to package him with another player of his choice for 2 of Gore/Bush and Henry ...

I personally don't like your crop of RB's and would consider getting younger along with backs in better situations..

I still don't like McGahee's situation or Benson's ability to produce

if you could get Henry and Bush in there instead of LJ and 'player x'...you'd have a better lineup for the future and present...

I have the second pick.

QBs

kept

both Mannings

Palmer

Hasselbeck

Brees

Leinart?

Boldin should be available along with Henry

The other owner would probably keep Manning, Bush, Gore, S. Smith, TO and Harrison. Surprise he won the superbowl last year and has the last pick so should keep 6. I like the idea of his pick Gore/Bush and Henry and Boldin since he wont keep them anyway and I would still have the 2nd pick.

I am thinking of proposing a trade where I give up LJ for Reggie Bush and one of the following WR Steve Smith, M. Harrison or TO. Am i asking too much or should I expect more maybe A. Boldin.

I can keep 6 from my sig.

my thoughts

T. Brady

LJ

C. Benson

W. McGahee

M. Colston

A. Johnson or B Jacobs?

Other owners potential keepers (We have til 8/1)

P. Manning

F. Gore

R. Bush

T. Henry ?

S. Smith

TO

M. Harrison

A. Boldin (non keeper for him keeper for me)

You're picking a bad time to try to move Johnson, unless the other owner is unaware of the holdout news that broke in the past couple of days, or if he has heard does not know how incredibly cheap & irrational Carl Peterson of KC can be in financial matters.

It's worth opening with a Bush/Smith combo though and being prepared to work down from there. The other option is to include one of your players that you would otherwise lose as a keeper by adding players in the trade. If you are doing a 2 for 1 deal, you have 2 players on your list that you can't keep. A LJ/Brady or LJ/A Johnson or LJ/Jacobs offer might be way too tempting for the other woners to pass up, and you could get Bush & Smith in a deal like that - maybe even Bush & Henry if you chose to go that way.

BTW - for what it is worth, I think you're nuts for dealing like this. Your roster looks pretty damn strong and if I were you I'd be looking to strengthen my team by trying to lessen the number of my potential keeprs by offering an owner in the league their choice of 2 of Brady/McGahee/Colston/A Johnson/Jacobs for a bonafide upgrade at either RB or WR in a 2 for 1 trade where you get the 1 player.