[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pans Labyrinth

DemonKnight

I just watched this movie last night and was very impressed. This movie employed the perfect blend of story, character development and special effects. It was a fairy tale set in the background of facist controled Spain near the end of WW2. Really one of the best movies I have seen in a while. I dont understand how it got passed up for at least a foreign film nomination at the AA's. It's written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro who is known for horror flicks if I remember correctly. It is subtitled and I had to put my 2yr old to bed about 1/3 of the way through. It gets a little mature, not for the kiddies. But defenitly worth queuing up on netflix.

I just watched this movie last night and was very impressed. This movie employed the perfect blend of story, character development and special effects. It was a fairy tale set in the background of facist controled Spain near the end of WW2. Really one of the best movies I have seen in a while. I dont understand how it got passed up for at least a foreign film nomination at the AA's. It's written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro who is known for horror flicks if I remember correctly. It is subtitled and I had to put my 2yr old to bed about 1/3 of the way through. It gets a little mature, not for the kiddies. But defenitly worth queuing up on netflix.

While I dont dispise subs, I do find it harder to watch and enjoy. I would like to watch this movie though as I like the special effects it has in it. I just dont know if I could sit through another sub titled movie. Last one I saw was Passion of the Christ.

2007 Best Foreign Film Nominees:

“After the Wedding” A Zentropa Entertainments 16 Production

Denmark

“Days of Glory (Indigènes)” A Tessalit Production

Algeria

“The Lives of Others” A Wiedemann & Berg Production

Germany

“Pan’s Labyrinth” A Tequila Gang/Esperanto Filmoj/Estudios Picasso Production

Mexico

“Water” A Hamilton-Mehta Production

Canada

"The Lives of Others" won the Oscar. It did win makeup and best score, if I remember correctly. Del Toro was best known for "Hellboy" before Pan's. Smart to put the kid to sleep. . .it's a fantasy flick, but def not for children.

Denmark

Algeria

Germany

Mexico

Canada

"The Lives of Others" won the Oscar. It did win makeup and best score, if I remember correctly. Del Toro was best known for "Hellboy" before Pan's. Smart to put the kid to sleep. . .it's a fantasy flick, but def not for children.

Gotcha. Thanx fer the info.

The GF and I saw it in the theatres. She hates subtitles but the moving was very engrossing (sp?) and actually you don't even notice them after the first 10 minutes. We both gave this movie a hugh :D

Sometime subtitles bother me, but definitely not in Pans. I watched it on an airplane and really enjoyed it. My spanish is very weak, but I actually liked listening to they way that young girl spoke and could follow some of the conversations between other characters.

The special effects were great as was the story and characters.

Does the DVD have additional extra material?

Edited by justin

Denmark

Algeria

Germany

Mexico

Canada

You beat me to pointing this out.

Anyway... this was a movie I liked coming out of the theater, but realized how good it was by the fact that it really stuck with me for weeks after I saw it. It's one of those movies that I don't ever have to see again, but it's not a bad thing. I just like the impression I got off of it the first time and no nead to mess with it.

It is subtitled and I had to put my 2yr old to bed about 1/3 of the way through. It gets a little mature, not for the kiddies. But defenitly worth queuing up on netflix.

I have to admit I am a little shocked it isnt a kids movie. I thought it was made just for kids, but after hearing you all talk about it maybe I will check it out over the weekend. :D

Dudes, the movie is rated R.