[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

surprise team this year

tarantula

The Dallas Nut Sack Slurpers are always good for a laugh! :D

My pick is San Fran. Now that they have some experience at the skill positions on Offense and a weakening division around them it could be a path to a PO win.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles on Defense are suspect at best, especially LB and DL. But the Eagles have the best OL in the division and a weapon in Westbrook out of the backfield. Im not sure McNabb can cover up the hole at WR anymore. So I hardly think the Eagles are the class of the division. Many were surprised they won it last yr, especially at the midway point of the season when they were predicted to be left for dead.

And its because of posts like Loaf, who think Philly, or others who think Chicago is the class of the NFC, the reason why Dallas would be a surprise to many if they did in fact land in the bowl. Let alone with it all, which I certainly think is possible.

I disagree that the Eagles D will be suspect. The LBs were improved with the addition of Spikes. The DL gets Kearse back and Howard will have a year of experience in this defense under his belt. Plus I can't see how Bunkley could play any worse. The only real question I have on D fo rthe Eagles is SS. Constadine is average at best.

I disagree that the Eagles D will be suspect. The LBs were improved with the addition of Spikes. The DL gets Kearse back and Howard will have a year of experience in this defense under his belt. Plus I can't see how Bunkley could play any worse. The only real question I have on D fo rthe Eagles is SS. Constadine is average at best.

Spikes and Kearse are passed their prime. So there's the answer of how they're suspect.

Buffalo has no defense.

Cowboys have no leadership, they are an 8-8 team on a good day.

Houston? Are you on crack? Who is gonna block, run or pass the ball? Jax will sweep them no problem this year, there is nothing in Houston worth even pissing on.

I think SF has the best chance to surprise, they appear to have made all the right decision.

ARZ and detroit can't be trusted.

Indy will be lucky to win 10 games this year, I have them at 9-7.

Grossman WILL be benched or 'hurt' before the end of the season.

Im gonna go with my team, Buffalo. They were picked to be horrible last year, and they did pretty decent. Many are picking them to again be horrible, but that is fine by me. They have lost a lot of key players, but they filled the wholes for the most part.

CB is an area of concern, but if Youboty or Webster steps up, I think we will be ok.

WR - Lee Evans is a stud, but we need someone else to step up and take the pressure from him.

RB - Willis is over rated, and Lynch will more than compensate for his loss.

LB - We lost Fletcher and Spikes, but drafted Posluzny who should make an impact from the start. Ellison I think is the other starter, along with Crowell who is a stud himself.

OL was beefed up this offseason, but we'll see how that works out.

QB - Losman has only been getting better, and I think he might be the biggest surprise this year.

As much as I'd like to see Buffalo be a surprise team I think they're going to have a tough uphill battle to achieve that. I'm very hopeful and optimistic about the future of WR Lee Evans. IMO he's a top 10 receiver with the possibility to be top 5 in future years. Of course alot of that can depend as well on the continued improvement of his QB, J.P. Losman. I have him in several leagues and feel his best years are ahead of him. I'm also excited about the future of Marshawn Lynch. I belive he's going to have a very good NFL career. Those 3 players are certainly a decent start to turn Buffalo into avery goodteam.One thingthat concernsme though this year is their schedule.The only games on their schedule this year that shouldn't pose any problems for them are against Miami and Cleveland in my opinion. I think they have a brutal schedule in 2007. Here's what it looks like by the week.

1- Denver 10- @ Miami

2- @ Pittsburgh 11- New England

3- @ New England 12- @ Jacksonville

4- NY Jets 13- @ Washington

5- Dallas 14- Miami

6- BYE 15- @ Cleveland

7- Baltimore 16- NY Giants

8- @ NY Jets 17- @ Philadelphia

9- Cincinnati

If good tough competition helps a team get better then Buffalo has an opprtunity to be a good team going up against what could be 8, 9 or 10 possible playoff contenders. Not saying they can't do it but to me I think they're gonna have their work cut out for them this year.

i

My pick is San Fran. Now that they have some experience at the skill positions on Offense and a weakening division around them it could be a path to a PO win.

I'm not sure how the NFC west is weakening compared to the last few years. :D

ETA: San Fran is my pick for the consensus trendy pick that dissapoints this year. They don't have the weapons on offense compartive to the rest of the division and Alex Smith still hasn't shown much.

Edited by bushwacked

As much as I would like SF to surprise this year I dont see it happening. To surprise they would have to win 11+ games. They won 7 games last year so they arent the bottom feeders like those other teams. SF has been rebuilding for 3 years now and the progress shows, and most people expect a couple more wins this year at a minimum which puts them around 9 wins. Looking at SFs schedule I think 10 wins is a tall order and 9ers miss the playoffs this year.

Spikes and Kearse are passed their prime. So there's the answer of how they're suspect.

Along with the SS, and DT. I dont see this D doing much, except when they blitz, and I predict that will leave the SS in coverage, and he will be exposed badly.

I like the Browns. Good draft, they have some potential on offense. If they can just dodge the injury bug.

I'm also thining Detroit. 2nd year in that offense, decent QB and what may turn into one of the best WR corps we have seen in years.

The answer is there.....Oakland, Arizona, and Detroit have the best chances of being playoff teams next season.

There it is. :D

San Fran would be my pick for the year as well, but I would guess that some experts might even predict them to win the division.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Leonard is going to surprise many this yr. This OL has certainly been upgraded with his addition. And Flozell is in his last yr of his contract, so Davis will move over there next yr. Flozell is getting up there in age, and isnt going to be worth 10 mil a yr down the road.

And its because of posts like Loaf, who think Philly, or others who think Chicago is the class of the NFC, the reason why Dallas would be a surprise to many if they did in fact land in the bowl. Let alone with it all, which I certainly think is possible.

Then you would certainly have no problems with a sigline bet on the outcome of September 23rd's game. :D

Cleveland :D

I picked them last year....I'm going to go away from that right now...

even though there is still a shot..

I will say...

Redskins, Jets and umm...I'd like to say the Cardinals...but I'll go with the Rams...I think the whole NFC west is due for a complete 180 soon...

The Redskins will be much improved this year. The O-line dominated the second half of last year as Betts ran through holes you could drive a semi through. Although they lost Dockery, most felt he was their 5th best lineman, T. Wade should be able to do the job at LG. With a healthy Portis and Betts they will have a great running game. Campbell improved in every game he started last year and there has been constant talk of how hard he worked this offseason. Portis said it looks like "night and day" comparing him from last year to this year. The defense had all sorts of injuries last year and fell to 31 overall. G. Williams has proven to be a great D-coordinator in the past and can get it turned around quickly. London Fletcher replaces L. Marshall and that's a huge upgrade. Rocky McIntosh replaces highway 57 (Holdman), and many have raved about how far Rocky has come from last year. Springs is now healthy ( I don't know for how long) and he is key to the defense Williams like to run. He needs cover corners that can be left on an island to run his blitz schemes. Add in Smoot, C. Rogers, D. Macklin and J. Butler and the skins have ample depth in the secondary. L. Landry will enable Taylor to get back to playing centerfield. and back to his ballhawking ways of the U. Taylor had no help last year and played several different roles on D. Landry should be a great help in run support. The D-line is the biggest question. Griffin is very good and is now healthy. Carter really came on the last 5 games of last season and should be ready to go from game 1 now that he knows the D better. Daniels is solid against the run and can get some pressure. Golston was a surprise last year and the team expects Montgomery to be a big contributor at Dt this year. All in all the D should be greatly improved and the offense in it's second year under Saunders should also make great strides. In K.C. it took until year 2 for the offense to gel under Saunders. 2 years ago this was a playoff team that disappointed last year b/c of a QB change and many injuries. This team is more talented than 05' and I expect a big leap in 07'.

Surprise team, what the post suggests. It would surprise many if Dallas went to the Bowl. If this said sleeper team, then no the Cowboys wouldnt fit that criteria, but surprise team certainly can include the Boys.

But it is not surprising that Dallas fans are already picking their team as SB favorites. And will be quick to hop off the bandwagon should the Cowboys come out of the gate slowly.

San Fran. beat Seattle twice last year, including once at the end of the year when Alexander was back. This year San Fran. "should" benefit from a much improved Vernon Davis, the addition of Darrell Jackson, and several other key additions including the best corner available via free agency, Nate Clements, Tully banta cain from the patriots, and Michael Lewis. They also had two first round picks which they used to pick up ILB Patrick Willis and (I believe) underrated offensive tackle Joe Staley.

But it is not surprising that Dallas fans are already picking their team as SB favorites. And will be quick to hop off the bandwagon should the Cowboys come out of the gate slowly.

Thats sounds like a man who has eaten tooo much cold cheese :D

I like Chavez as much as loaf. Such a beautiful way with words...

I also think that the Bucs can also have a little turn around this year. Hopefully Caddy will be healthy for an extended period, Garcia will lead the offense and that in itself should create more opportunities, Galloway and Stovall/Clayton should benefit from Garcia, the offensive line should be better than last year and the defense will continue to hold their own. To bad they're in a division with the Panthers, Saints and lesser extent Falcons.

I gotta love where your head is at Irish... :D

I am willing to bet one of those will be Oct 21.

That'll be an easy win for the Boys as it's after our hard fought but most likely close loss to NE and before our bye. We will spank the Vikes at home that week!! :D