[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polk update

muck

Here's the original thread for those that want to get all the details that preceeded this post

UPDATE:

The first round of giving from the collective group here allowed us to give flowers to Polk's wife in the hospital and provide $1,000 to them to help cover their basic needs (gas, diapers, etc). Great going Huddlers!

To be perfectly clear, Polk is not asking (and has not asked) me to do this.

The current estimate on the hospital bills are going to exceed $700,000 for everything (possibly as much as $1,000,000 once all the follow-up visits and any additional surgeries / treatments are done ... possibly even more than that if there is any bad news on any of the tests and second opinions).

Their health insurance is covering the first 85%, leaving him and his wife with 15% still to go. They have some other groups that are helping them with daily needs and/or some of their medical bills, but the expectation is that there will still be a very meaningful amount that will be left over.

Because I've been contacted by a couple of huddlers still interested in giving ... and because the need still exists, I propose the following:

If you want to give, I'm still accepting PayPal donations (my paypal address is "darrenunruh AT yahoo DOT com") in any amount ... there is no amount that is too big or too small. Hopefully we can get at least another $1,000 for the Polks ... maybe more. To try to get a second round of giving a litlte kick-start, I'll match the first $500 that comes in the door.

If anyone else wants to increase the "matching funds" part of this, drop me an email or a PM and I'll update this thread with the new information. If you want to get some additional information on how this matching funds part would work, drop me an email or a PM and I'll explain how it'll work.

If you want to give, it will remain anonymous (unless you PM or email Polk directly, or post something specific on this thread).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Muck...

Kudos for leading the way on this.

I don't even know if Polk knows me. But it really doesn't matter, does it?!!

Were all family here. Heck, when Im in prison for murdering that bastage John Couey I hope you all band together to bail me out. :D

Were all family here. Heck, when Im in prison for murdering that bastage John Couey I hope you all band together to bail me out. :D

I keep a bunch of knotted sheets and grappling hook in my trunk just for anonymous cyber family like yourself.

thanks for the work, Muck. Good good people here.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Sounds like she's going through alot physically (aside from the issues with your daughter). Be good to her Polk, she's probably going to need lots of love right now.

It is VERY clear you do not know Polk. <seg>

The butch wife tried to do some pushups today. Idiot.

On the positive she stabbed me with some kind of potato fork yesterday so she is getting back into fighting shape.

We hope to hear from MD Anderson sometime this week but girl looks and acts fabulous.

The butch wife tried to do some pushups today. Idiot.

On the positive she stabbed me with some kind of potato fork yesterday so she is getting back into fighting shape.

Made me chuckle... Glad to hear things are getting back to normal!

We hope to hear from MD Anderson sometime this week but girl looks and acts fabulous.

:D

I called MD Anderson to see what was up. They have yet to receive any tissue samples from Arkansas. I called Arkansas to see what was up. the surgeon has moved to Boston, the doc who cussed me is working somewhere else in town this month (she does not know where). She has no ideas what to tell me or who to talk to about it. There is nothing she can tell me. She is sorry.

Well boys I have been nice about this but it is officially game on. Some of you guys are aware that I have some fairly affluent friends. A certain fraternity I am in gives these clowns about 3 mil per month. As Samuel L. might say.....

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children; and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers and you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Just a quick update ... Huddlers have kicked in an additional $300 which leaves $200 available under the 'matching funds' mentioned above.

Good things are coming for the Polks and little Polkette...

Thanks to everyone who has helped them out!

• 2 weeks later...

Post surgical exam in Dallas Tuesday at 9:30 am.

Since we changed to soy formula 2 days ago her diaper rash is almost totally gone. It was so bad that blood was leeching through her incision scars.

Yeesh--this kid has very likely taken a few years off of your life Polk (but I am quite certain that is a trade-off you would happily have made).

Continued wishes of best of luck to her and to all of you.

You know, it has been crazy. I don't know if it is due to the stress we have had or what but it is a different relationship I have with her. With Jr. I would gladly trade my life for his. With her, there was a point I actually asked to trade my life for hers. I swear she is an angel.