Sign in to follow this  
Ramhock

What shows have you caught up on?

Wifie & I just watched the 1st disc (three episodes) of LOST. I will probably do this with 24, also. Can't wait to continue. :D

I can recommend The Shield & Band of Brothers. :D:tup:

24.... :D ......Band of Brothers has been recommended a couple times to me too....... :D

Doin' that with the new BSG right now. Awesome way to watch TV.

Great show also.

Watched all five seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm a couple of months ago.

The only series I borrowed specifically to watch from scratch were Weeds and Huff

The Wire is great.

Yep - currently watching The Wire & Deadwood, love them both.

Completed 6 Feet Under recently- outstanding, highly recommended.

The L Word

Dead Like Me - (completed it awhile ago)

Coming up soon on my Netflix list are:

the last season of Deadwood

Weeds

Wire in the Blood

Arrested Development, South Park, Futurama.

You have good taste. Upon repeat viewings, Futurama is a better show then I ever gave it credit for. Arrested Development is just classic and I guess maybe too smart for the general viewing public? :D I really liked that show a lot.

You have good taste. Upon repeat viewings, Futurama is a better show then I ever gave it credit for. Arrested Development is just classic and I guess maybe too smart for the general viewing public? :D I really liked that show a lot.

Arrested Development is - by far - the funniest show that's been on television in years. I wouldn't say it's too smart for the general public, but the comedy might have been too fast. No laugh track, no pause to acknowledge a joke; my guess is that many people missed most of the jokes. It was also very character driven. Tough to watch just one episode in the middle of a season and get even most of the jokes.

I agree with you on Futurama. I thought it kind of sucked the first few times I watched it. However, as I've been traveling over the last couple of months, I've caught a few episodes on Adult Swim and it rekindled my interest. I bought season one and have gotten a huge kick out of it thus far.

Arrested Development is - by far - the funniest show that's been on television in years. I wouldn't say it's too smart for the general public, but the comedy might have been too fast. No laugh track, no pause to acknowledge a joke; my guess is that many people missed most of the jokes. It was also very character driven. Tough to watch just one episode in the middle of a season and get even most of the jokes.

I agree with you on Futurama. I thought it kind of sucked the first few times I watched it. However, as I've been traveling over the last couple of months, I've caught a few episodes on Adult Swim and it rekindled my interest. I bought season one and have gotten a huge kick out of it thus far.

They are producing something like 3 or 4 Futurama movies for direct to DVD, but I believe adult swim will chop them up and broadcast them at some point. I'm hoping it'll be next year when we see them.

Virtually every TV show is watched on DVD for me.

Doin' that with the new BSG right now. Awesome way to watch TV.

Great show also.

you beat me to it. i just watched the miniseries a few days ago, and today i started watching the first season, mainly because there are so many fans of BSG on this board. loving it so far. the shield and rescue me are also on my list.

Seasons 1 and 2 of BSG

All but this last season of Sopranos.

Deadwood

The UK Office

First Season of Rome

Wow- I just finished season 1 of Deadwood- flat out fantastic. Awesome characters, some great writing, hilarious lines and really well done-

The villain Al Swearengen would make Tony Soprano crap his drawers- dude is ruthless.

HBO just cranks out quality shows- and I put Deadwood right up near the top.