[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league trade

matt770

I think I got a great deal but you be the judge.

10 team IDP keeper league, standard scoring. Keep one offensive player, one IDP, plus any '06 rookie.

My potential keepers: Cadillac, Wayne, Dunn, Eli. My rookie keeper is DeAngelo Williams. Cadillac seems like a no-brainer as my second keeper, but honestly I have probably the worst 2 keepers in the league.

Another owner offered me Reggie Bush and his #7 pick for DeAngelo Williams and my #1 pick. His other keeper is Larry Johnson.

Since there will be no huge names available early in the first round, my plan was to move down in the draft order anyway (each owner gets his choice of remaining draft slots, so at #1 I could pick anywhere I wanted and was planning to move to the 4, 5 or 6 slot).

After everyone makes their keeper selections, here is who I expect to be available:

McGahee, Westbrook, Henry, Edge, Parker, Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, plus ALL the top WRs except Colston. So at 7 I can land one of those RBs or possibly a T.O., Harrison, Fitz, etc.

Tiki helped me win this league in '05, but thanks to his and Cadillac's disappointing seasons last year, I fell to dead last. And with Tiki retiring, I was the weakest team coming into this season. I took this trade without hesitation. With Deuce still in the mix, I will temper my expectations for this season, but down the line I think Bush's role will continue to increase and certainly by next year he could be a top 5 back. I was trying to get excited about DeAngelo, and I do think he will be much improved this year, but Bush's raw talent and supporting cast make me believe he could be putting up LT-like numbers over the next few years, and is head and shoulders a better prospect than DW at this point in their (very young) careers. And given that I didn't want the #1 pick anyway, I don't feel like I gave much up.

Good trade, great trade or a wash?

I think I got a great deal but you be the judge.

10 team IDP keeper league, standard scoring. Keep one offensive player, one IDP, plus any '06 rookie.

My potential keepers: Cadillac, Wayne, Dunn, Eli. My rookie keeper is DeAngelo Williams. Cadillac seems like a no-brainer as my second keeper, but honestly I have probably the worst 2 keepers in the league.

Another owner offered me Reggie Bush and his #7 pick for DeAngelo Williams and my #1 pick. His other keeper is Larry Johnson.

Since there will be no huge names available early in the first round, my plan was to move down in the draft order anyway (each owner gets his choice of remaining draft slots, so at #1 I could pick anywhere I wanted and was planning to move to the 4, 5 or 6 slot).

After everyone makes their keeper selections, here is who I expect to be available:

McGahee, Westbrook, Henry, Edge, Parker, Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, plus ALL the top WRs except Colston. So at 7 I can land one of those RBs or possibly a T.O., Harrison, Fitz, etc.

Tiki helped me win this league in '05, but thanks to his and Cadillac's disappointing seasons last year, I fell to dead last. And with Tiki retiring, I was the weakest team coming into this season. I took this trade without hesitation. With Deuce still in the mix, I will temper my expectations for this season, but down the line I think Bush's role will continue to increase and certainly by next year he could be a top 5 back. I was trying to get excited about DeAngelo, and I do think he will be much improved this year, but Bush's raw talent and supporting cast make me believe he could be putting up LT-like numbers over the next few years, and is head and shoulders a better prospect than DW at this point in their (very young) careers. And given that I didn't want the #1 pick anyway, I don't feel like I gave much up.

Good trade, great trade or a wash?

If this is a PPR league its a nice trade for you and you could draft Westbrook Parker or Fitz and have a heck of a 1-2 punch. Bush will still be hit or miss this season but I think this will be Deuces last productive season in a Saints uni. That said I do like Williams upside this season and beyond I just think Bush is in a better long term situation.

Edit to add; Who does that leave you for a rookie keeper?

Edited by tbimm

If this is a PPR league its a nice trade for you and you could draft Westbrook Parker or Fitz and have a heck of a 1-2 punch. Bush will still be hit or miss this season but I think this will be Deuces last productive season in a Saints uni. That said I do like Williams upside this season and beyond I just think Bush is in a better long term situation.

Edit to add; Who does that leave you for a rookie keeper?

I'm guessing bush is the rook keeper. If so, definitely a good deal for you.

sounds like a great deal. im a fan of being down in the draft order just like it sounds you are. i think you made a smart move. you have the better rookie now, and you're in a good spot to get more depth added on to your team. definately try to get westbrook or parker if they are still there with your #7 pick.

Please see my post, thanks.

I'm guessing bush is the rook keeper. If so, definitely a good deal for you.

Yep, Bush instead of DeAngelo is now my rookie keeper. Each year we can keep one player who was a rookie the previous season. Consensus on this trade is "I can't believe he offered that", so I'm pretty happy. I was dreading this season, now I feel like I can compete and I will learn from my horrible draft mistakes of last year.

Well, I guess I'd rather have Westbrook (with the #1 pick) and D Williams than Bush and a stud WR or AD (since the first 6 RBs you listed will most probably be gone by the time you make the 7th pick).

That's just me though, and I admittedly see Williams having a good season.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Well, I guess I'd rather have Westbrook (with the #1 pick) and D Williams than Bush and a stud WR or AD (since the first 6 RBs you listed will most probably be gone by the time you make the 7th pick).

That's just me though, and I admittedly see Williams having a good season.

Last year a lot of teams kept 2 RBs (same as this year) and 4 of the first 7 picks were WRs. Westbrook went 1.8, McGahee 1.10. I would bet that Parker, Henry, Brown or McGahee will be there at 1.7.

And I agree with you about D Williams, I see him doing well this year. Is he a stud RB that I could have built my franchise around, or is Bush better long term? Impossible to say for sure, as they are both 2nd year players. But I feel strongly that Bush's ceiling is higher and he will be my keeper for the next few years.

if we tell you it is a bad deal, can you get it reversed? otherwise, this thread is not going to help you much.

I am only looking for validation and pats on the back. It's such a good trade for me that I wouldn't have dared offer it to anyone for fear of being laughed at. It's like if you found $100 in the street, you would be dying to tell someone.