[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lack of Talented Song Writers?

spain

:D Are you a chick? I bet you like Dave Matthews too? :D

The problem is "country" music has been hijacked by your boys over at EMI. "Country" music is still a moneymaker for the record companies because most of its fans are still behind the mp3 curve and still buy cd's. Just saw Roby Keith on The Colbert Report.... super meh. I never tune into the pop "country" stations.

If you wanna hear some truly heartfelt and well written "country" music check out Jolie Holland. Shes like 22 from Houston, writes all (except the period covers) her own music, and has a voice that will melt your heart. I recomend you start with her second album "Escondida". She is on the label Anti. Check her out here... http://www.jolieholland.com/

I dont know if what you say is true or not so I wont dispute it. But I just listened to a couple of Jolie Hollands clips. She sucks dude. You come visit me in Nashville, and we can go to any one of ~50 bars in this town tonight with better singers than her. I dont know about her song writing skills but her voice blows.

I dont know if what you say is true or not so I wont dispute it. But I just listened to a couple of Jolie Hollands clips. She sucks dude. You come visit me in Nashville, and we can go to any one of ~50 bars in this town tonight with better singers than her. I dont know about her song writing skills but her voice blows.

I tried listening to her & turned it off after a couple of minutes....I thought maybe it was just my dislike for country music.

Hmm, I respect your opinion. Either you love her voice or you hate it. Granted she dosent have your prototypical country diva voice but I love her. To each his own. Thanks for taking the time to listen to it though. :D

:D Are you a chick? I bet you like Dave Matthews too? :D

The problem is "country" music has been hijacked by your boys over at EMI. "Country" music is still a moneymaker for the record companies because most of its fans are still behind the mp3 curve and still buy cd's. Just saw Roby Keith on The Colbert Report.... super meh. I never tune into the pop "country" stations.

If you wanna hear some truly heartfelt and well written "country" music check out Jolie Holland. Shes like 22 from Houston, writes all (except the period covers) her own music, and has a voice that will melt your heart. I recomend you start with her second album "Escondida". She is on the label Anti. Check her out here... http://www.jolieholland.com/

Dave Matthews band=Carter Bauford who can outplay ANYONE on the drums. Stefan Lassard is an amazing bassists in his own right. As an active gigging bassist, yes I do listen to DMB. The stuff Carter and Lassard are doing is way beyond what the average good drummer or bassist can cop. Those guys flat out jam. Time changes or ripping some mean lines, they can do it.

As far as Ben Harper goes... He plays with more passion than almost anyone. Listen to the slide guitar, listen to his songs. Talent is talent, He, Jaun Samuel a badass r&b bassist and the rest of the crew are amazing as far as crafting songs goes.

You can say I listen to chick music all you want, but I'll tell you that my band can outplay your boys in Trivium any day of the week. Contrived or stolen guitar riffs are lame. The drums are solid but are not dynamic in what they do. The bass is mediocre. They're just another mallcore band that will not stand the test of time.

I'll also tell you that I've had my head cracked open at slayer and devil driver shows, so if you want to pull the "chick band" card go ahead, but realize that im into a lot of music. I grew up a metal head, then studied jazz... At that point I realized that in reality, the metal genre in general sucks.

Dave Matthews band=Carter Bauford who can outplay ANYONE on the drums. Stefan Lassard is an amazing bassists in his own right. As an active gigging bassist, yes I do listen to DMB. The stuff Carter and Lassard are doing is way beyond what the average good drummer or bassist can cop. Those guys flat out jam. Time changes or ripping some mean lines, they can do it.

As far as Ben Harper goes... He plays with more passion than almost anyone. Listen to the slide guitar, listen to his songs. Talent is talent, He, Jaun Samuel a badass r&b bassist and the rest of the crew are amazing as far as crafting songs goes.

You can say I listen to chick music all you want, but I'll tell you that my band can outplay your boys in Trivium any day of the week. Contrived or stolen guitar riffs are lame. The drums are solid but are not dynamic in what they do. The bass is mediocre. They're just another mallcore band that will not stand the test of time.

I'll also tell you that I've had my head cracked open at slayer and devil driver shows, so if you want to pull the "chick band" card go ahead, but realize that im into a lot of music. I grew up a metal head, then studied jazz... At that point I realized that in reality, the metal genre in general sucks.

Dude, I'm looking for a bassist - you near Chicago :D

Dude, I'm looking for a bassist - you near Chicago :D

In Dallas for now... We're discussing a move that would take us to Austin or NYC.

Sometime this fall-early 08 were going to NY to record so that should be fun.

Here is where we're going to get it mastered here

Edited by piratesownninjas

I agree, but it seems like every chick I date is obsessed with either Dave Matthews or Ben Harper.

Maybe that's cuz you date ditzy restaurant workers. :D

In Dallas for now... We're discussing a move that would take us to Austin or NYC.

Sometime this fall-early 08 were going to NY to record so that should be fun.

Here is where we're going... here

Let me know if you move to Austin! :D