[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

all-time a favorite NFL players

tarantula

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of votes for fouts ...which I did not expect ...I loved the old charger teams with air coryell ...fouts , with jj , winslow , wes chandler and muncie ...they would throw 25 yard passes on 4th and inches ...greatest game I ever saw was against dolphins in afc playoffs in 81-82 I believe ...winslow had to be carried off the field and had one of the greatest individual games I ever saw ...after that game he became one of my favorites which he remains

Chargerz must have loved those old charger teams as well ...great fun to watch

Edited by isleseeya

A lot of votes for fouts ...which I did not expect ...I loved the old charger teams with air coryell ...fouts , with jj , winslow , wes chandler and muncie ...they would throw 25 yard passes on 4th and inches ...greatest game I ever saw was against dolphins in afc playoffs in 81-82 I believe ...winslow had to be carried off the field and had one of the greatest individual games I ever saw ...after that game he became one of my favorites which he remains

Chargerz must have loved those old charger teams as well ...great fun to watch

I DID love watching them!!! The Coryell era was exciting, and the game you are mentioning was one of the greatest of all time!! :D

I DID love watching them!!! The Coryell era was exciting, and the game you are mentioning was one of the greatest of all time!! :D

Yup ..I wished so badly they would have made super bowl that year ...but between grueling game with miami and then travelling to cinncy and playing in minus 40 degrees was too much ...still a great run though

I can only really choose players that were during my era of watching football. The 70's Steelers were before my time, though I love watching highlights of Lambert, Ham, Mean Joe Green, etc.

Here are mine -

Steelers:

Greg Lloyd

Rod Woodson

Jerome Bettis

Hines Ward

Troy Polamalu

Non-Steelers:

Walter Payton

Barry Sanders

Jerry Rice

Joe Montana

Ronnie Lott

Mike Singletary

Brett Favre

Peyton Manning

LaDanian Tomlinson

Edited by Menudo

I'm a Vikings homer, so my list is shaded with purple.

Cris Carter

Joey Browner

Scott Studwell

other players I've liked are -

Bo Jackson - Minus the hip injury and who knows what he could have done

Joe Montana

Warren Moon (In his Oiler days)

Jerry Rice

Retired

LeRoy Butler

Gilbert Brown

William Henderson

Desmond Howard

Current

Donald Driver

Nick Barnett

Charles Woodson

Brett Favre

Non Packers

Marshall Faulk

Steve Young

Clinton Portis

Matt Leinart

Larry Fitzgerald

Frank Gore

Edited by piratesownninjas

Who are your all-time favorite NFL player\players?

Being a HUGE Cowboys fan from birth, I have two players that are my favorites. From the 70`s it is Roger Staubach and from the 90`s it is the all-time rushing yards leader Emmitt Smith. Other than being great players on the field, they are two of the most professional, genuine, and gracious people who also do alot of charity work as well.

I agree completely and thought of these 2 guys as soon as I saw the thread title..I am also a hugh Tony Dorsett fan..