[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much should I charge my brother for rent?

I Like Soup

Oh, and Soup...

Please install webcams in your house ASAP, just in case your brother has the opposite taste in women that you do. :doh:

:tup:

:D

Well, he is a pretty shy guy so I told him I'd go to some of his classes for him and he should have the margaritas waiting when I get back! :D

:lockandload:

:D

I don't know if you own a house or an apartment and don't keep an NSA spreadsheet on Huddle members like Big John :D:doh: .

I think it would be fair for your Dad to pick up one of the Utilities + some food Money ($200???)

This way, your Dad is feeling like he is helping out his sons (I believe this is part of the motivation and gratitude to you). Your Dad is probably looking to show you how much he appreciates your attitude and it will make him feel better if he can compensate you in some way. I don't think his motivation is based on ego, but love and respect for his "big kid". The utility thingy shows the money is going to common living expenses and the food "budget" will make him feel like he is taking care of your brother's needs. This way there is no apparent "cash" transfer for "rent". That does seem cold and I think you can justify in your and his mind a plan like this.

As the others have said, you could stash the cash portion for a "rainy day", and possibly a nice graduation present. Once again, a gesture that will only make Dad even more proud!

Good job! I hope my son takes care of his siblings as you do! :D

P.S.

I used to live in Nogales and El Centro, CA and know that the electric bill is pretty steep during the summer. Choose this one :tup:

Edited by McBoog