[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tipping at a restaurant question

Big Country

How much do you tip for curbside service?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• 20%+
    • 15%
    • 10%
    • Flat rate - $2 or less
    • Flat Rate - $5
    • Flat Rate -- more than $5
    • I don't tip
    • Puddy

You cheapos need to stay the f@ck at home if you cant afford to tip.

:D i think we'd rather let you serve us, and we'll pay you what we think you deserve. :D

as far as the question asked, i agree that a couple bucks if they walk it out to the car is good, zippo if i walk in and get it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D i think we'd rather let you serve us, and we'll pay you what we think you deserve. :D

as far as the question asked, i agree that a couple bucks if they walk it out to the car is good, zippo if i walk in and get it.

Well I'm not waiting tables anymore so you miss out on the joys of tasting my salty balls on your steak. :tup:

Well I'm not waiting tables anymore so you miss out on the joys of tasting my salty balls on your steak. :D

no, see, that's why we tip you lackeys after the fact. :D by the next time i eat at a restaurant where i stiffed the garcon for bad service, he will probably have gotten a real job. if he's still waiting tables, then he's probably too stupid to remember me anyway.

I'm not necessarily a cheap a$$, I pay good (like 35%) for good service (I mean GOOD service), but most of the time it's just average or below to be honest. If I EVER have to ask for my drink to be filled up, you're pretty much getting nothing from me, that's a big deal to me. I don't HAVE to tip anything if I dont want to, theres no written rule that says I have to tip you. If you think that cause you're a server that entitles you to a fair tip without doing your job, smiling or being friendly.........not in my book. I want my $$ to have value when I give it to someone for giving me a service......if the service sucks then why should I give you $$ I worked hard for....shouldn't you have to work just as hard for it?

no, see, that's why we tip you lackeys after the fact. :D by the next time i eat at a restaurant where i stiffed the garcon for bad service, he will probably have gotten a real job. if he's still waiting tables, then he's probably too stupid to remember me anyway.

The pizza guy will remember. AND he is alone, unsupervised with your food. AND he knows where you live.

:D

And ... I hate it when the tip is automatically added on due to the size of your group. Damn it the wait staff should have to earn their tip. I absolutely will NEVER increase a tip if it was automatically added no matter how good the service ... so if in this case your service was outstanding you missed out on 5% to 10%.

Sorry but if you have a large party, it should be auto-added. Cause most likely the server is giving up tables to be able to handle the party. I understand the feeling of "now they don't have to work for it", but I have rarely ever seen a server dog it on a large group. Where I have seen plenty of large groups stiff the server though. Don't be afraid to double bubble if they deserve it.

As for curbside, every place I've been at with it (granted was several years ago) they were paid more hourly then a server. Think our made like $7-8 compared to the $3.15 wage of the server. So couple to 5 in my opinion will do, but no 15-20%.

As a server I usually got a crappy tip even with great service off of: teenagers, old people, after-church-goers (sunday afternoon), and the poor that shouldn't even be in there but they have a coupon for a free something.

I loved people who smoked and drank heavily. They always gave me the $$$.

I'm not necessarily a cheap a$$, I pay good (like 35%) for good service (I mean GOOD service), but most of the time it's just average or below to be honest. If I EVER have to ask for my drink to be filled up, you're pretty much getting nothing from me, that's a big deal to me.

"Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've

been here a long f***ing time, and

she's only filled my cup three

times. When I order coffee, I

want it filled six times."

I, for one, don't know that I'd mind if my food was more expensive if I didn't have to tip at all ... letting the restaurant manager fire the bad staff members than allowing me to handing his HR issues for him (by giving low/no tips so then the staffer quits to go do something else).