[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A truly sad day in pro wrestling

SeductiveNun

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just keeps getting worse. :D

All tributes to Chris were taken down at WWE.com as soon as the murder-suicide theory was brought up. After an evening recalling the best of this wrestler on Monday Night Raw, he will forever be known as a murderer who took the lives of his wife and son. Thus is his legacy.

A little background on Woman, may she rest in peace

Picture of Nancy from back in the day

Yep, fake wrassling should do more to keep their entertainment clean. Sounds like the wife and the kid was victim of roid rage. Tragic. :D

Ironically enough, shortly after the death of Eddie Guerrero, the WWE instituted a "Wellness Policy" to randomly test their performers for any steroids or drugs. The rumor is though that some wrestlers were more "randomly" tested than others. Overall, the wellness policy has been a joke. Some bottom card guys were nailed and released, but none of the top guys seem to get dinged. It just seems fishy to me, that's all.

Ironically enough, shortly after the death of Eddie Guerrero, the WWE instituted a "Wellness Policy" to randomly test their performers for any steroids or drugs. The rumor is though that some wrestlers were more "randomly" tested than others. Overall, the wellness policy has been a joke. Some bottom card guys were nailed and released, but none of the top guys seem to get dinged. It just seems fishy to me, that's all.

And this is a surprise how? Isn't the beefed up image that very often comes from steroids part of the ingrained image of the silliness that is called "pro wrestling"? Do you really believe "pro wrestling" would draw the same fan base if it was an activity between 90 pound weaklings?

And this is a surprise how? Isn't the beefed up image that very often comes from steroids part of the ingrained image of the silliness that is called "pro wrestling"? Do you really believe "pro wrestling" would draw the same fan base if it was an activity between 90 pound weaklings?

Ya know, I've ripped on "pro wrestling" plenty here in the Tailgate, but there's a time and a place... starting with your first reply in this thread all the way down to this one.... you are a class A assh0le.

seriously wonder what the fok goes thru yer skull. This is a tragedy, no one really needs to analyze the reality of pro wrestling. Dude obvioulsy had some issues, and roids may have played a part, which is tragic.

Roids are everywhere, and they are in every sport, so save the sharp analysis that you always bring to the table. No one cares whether u would watch golf or wrestling either.

I've come to the conclusion that you stir this stuff up on controversial topics just because you think it's funny. It should be clear to you by now that nobody else cares about your opinions on topics of a serious nature. You've lost all your credibility here.

Maybe someone just hacked Grits PC and is posting to make him look like an A Hole. Or maybe not and he really just is... I dunno...

Bottom line is people died. The only time to make light of death is when that person or people did something to warrant death - terrorists, murderers, rapists, etc. Benoit was a murderer, so him taking his life is fine by me. Him taking the lives of his wife and child were an act of cowardism, and the man took his roid ragin frustration out on his family.

I'm not buying the 'roid rage idea. I think he had deeper problems than that. I thought I read somewhere that HE called off his previous engagement for personal reasons. Unless it was after he had done whatever they speculate he did, it sounds pre-meditated.

I also saw that he left other kids behind from another relationship.

I'm not buying the 'roid rage idea. I think he had deeper problems than that. I thought I read somewhere that HE called off his previous engagement for personal reasons. Unless it was after he had done whatever they speculate he did, it sounds pre-meditated.

I also saw that he left other kids behind from another relationship.

If he had other problems, then roids definitely played a role in it. It is a fact that roids alter your aggression, and if he was depressed AND had roid rage, that isnt a good combo. I would agree they werent the lone culprit here, but I would bet :D they at least played a part.

If he had other problems, then roids definitely played a role in it. It is a fact that roids alter your aggression, and if he was depressed AND had roid rage, that isnt a good combo. I would agree they werent the lone culprit here, but I would bet :D they at least played a part.

You're probably right, so I won't take the bet :D

Boys, put him on ignore and stop quoting him. It gives him the attention he so desperately needs.

Done. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Likely the biggest a-hole in the huddle.

Note: I don't even know why this topic put it over the edge. I've watched maybe 5 minutes of pro wrestling my entire life so it's not like he hit close to home or anything to me. Mostly just reminded me what a self important pointing thing he is.

Edited by detlef

Also on an article on www.wwe.com it has the following article. Within that article (pasted below) is a very disturbing statement.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitupdate

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide

Written: June 25, 2007

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Texas, and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.