[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garnett to the Lakers?

Big Country

Then I don't understand what they are thinking unless they now are going to keep Marion?

I can see why Minnesota would let Garnett go for the #3 and #11.

Atlanta is Atlanta and Amare would at least give fans a reason to show up to watch.

What I don't get in Phoenix is why you'd trade Garnett straight-up for Amare unless you've now decided to keep Marion :D . How are Nash and Garnett in anyway an upgrade over Nash, Marion and Stoudemire? Am I missing some picks to Phoenix too?

Phoenix wont deal both Marion and Amare.

How are Nash and Garnett in anyway an upgrade over Nash, Marion and Stoudemire? Am I missing some picks to Phoenix too?

Nash, Marion, and KG is a huge upgrade over Nash, Marion, and Stoudemire if the Suns goal is to actually win the west (and the title) in the next 2 years. No player in the league give Timmy fits like KG, and KG would actually give the Suns a half-court offense. In addition, Nash and KG both see the window on their careers closing and would likely kill themselve tyring to win it all.

Trust me, as a lifelong Spurs fan, the thought of KG in the desert is very disheartening and makes a SA repeat a much longer shot.

Nash, Marion, and KG is a huge upgrade over Nash, Marion, and Stoudemire if the Suns goal is to actually win the west (and the title) in the next 2 years. No player in the league give Timmy fits like KG, and KG would actually give the Suns a half-court offense. In addition, Nash and KG both see the window on their careers closing and would likely kill themselve tyring to win it all.

Trust me, as a lifelong Spurs fan, the thought of KG in the desert is very disheartening and makes a SA repeat a much longer shot.

I disagree. I hope Phoenix deals Stoudemire to Atlanta. As great as KG is, he couldnt even lead his team to the playoffs. Duncan was able to win titles with Parker in his younger days, gino before he was a good player and role players. There is no comparison between KG and Duncan, and KG isnt the athelete Stoudemire is, which is what helps this team roll. I hope Phoenix deals Amare.

I disagree. I hope Phoenix deals Stoudemire to Atlanta. As great as KG is, he couldnt even lead his team to the playoffs.

He led them to the playoffs eight years in a row (I admit they were knocked out in the first seven times) but the problem in Minnesota has everything to do with repeated idiotic moves leaving KG with virtually nothing to support him except the one year when he had Sprewell and Cassells - that year only the Lakers finally stopped the T-Wolves and Cassells had a bad hip injury.

Glen Taylor, the T-Wolves owner, called the Cassells / Sprewell trade a "failed experiment", demonstrating what an f'n complete tool he is. The one time we made it beyond the first round, the one time we gave KG any support and it was a "failed experiment"? :D

tough call.... I kind of like the Nash/KG/Amare tri-fecta the way the Suns are set up. Throw Amare to the 5 spot, they would need to plug in a serviceable 3- and they are set. KG can play so many different roles and would fit in perfek with PHX.

Nash

Barbosa

Bell

KG

Amare

James Jones off the bench - tough.

Let's be honest, the Suns WERE THERE already, and were an Horry hipcheck away from an NBA title.

I disagree. I hope Phoenix deals Stoudemire to Atlanta. As great as KG is, he couldnt even lead his team to the playoffs. Duncan was able to win titles with Parker in his younger days, gino before he was a good player and role players. There is no comparison between KG and Duncan, and KG isnt the athelete Stoudemire is, which is what helps this team roll. I hope Phoenix deals Amare.

KG won't have to lead the Suns to the playoffs, Nash will.

KG would improve the Suns defensively and in the half-court offense a great deal (both of which are the elements required to win a championship despite the wishes of the playground ball supporters).

Let's be honest, the Suns WERE THERE already, and were an Horry hipcheck away from an NBA title.

They were there but were a little farther from a title than the hip check by Horry. The Spurs wouldn't have just rolled over and handed the series to the Suns.

They were there but were a little farther from a title than the hip check by Horry. The Spurs wouldn't have just rolled over and handed the series to the Suns.

They barely lost the game at home with out Stoudemire and Diaw. If they were active then it would definitely have gone 7. No one's to say that the Spurs would have "rolled over" but the Suns would have given them all they could have handled at a game 7 at home. I think we'd have a different champion if cheap shot bob didnt play dirty.

Yahoo is reporting that the deal with Garnett to the Suns and Amare to the Hawks is all but dead. Hawks holding it up bvecause of the front office/ownership group disputes.

Other potential deal that may not happen today was one involving the NEts sending Jefferson, Krstic and Collins to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal.

They barely lost the game at home with out Stoudemire and Diaw. If they were active then it would definitely have gone 7. No one's to say that the Spurs would have "rolled over" but the Suns would have given them all they could have handled at a game 7 at home. I think we'd have a different champion if cheap shot bob didnt play dirty.

Yeah . . . Yeah . . . Yeah . . . And I think we would have had a different champion in 2006 if it weren't for a terrible no foul being called against the Spurs in Game 7 versus the Mavs. All we can do is conjecture.

I will hand it to you Suns fans, though. Your team is continually on the brink but never seems to get it done and y'all stick by them. It's got to be almost as bad as being a die-hard Vikings fan. :D

So what happened in game 6, with Amare and Diaw, without Bob. yep, SA still won even with those 2. And if you watched that game 5, you would know, SA was playing very cautious, as they new they only needed to keep it close, then win it at the end. Playing up tempo on the road fits right into the Suns style of play. and the last comment is just hilarious. SA would have won with or without Amare. Other than game 2, San Antonio had every game in check at one point or another. They clearly gave away game 4. This series should have only gone 5 games.

Yeah . . . Yeah . . . Yeah . . . And I think we would have had a different champion in 2006 if it weren't for a terrible no foul being called against the Spurs in Game 7 versus the Mavs. All we can do is conjecture.

I will hand it to you Suns fans, though. Your team is continually on the brink but never seems to get it done and y'all stick by them. It's got to be almost as bad as being a die-hard Vikings fan. :D

That wasnt a terrible foul call, it was a foolish foul. Its quite obvious Dirk was fouled on the play. And who is to say SA would have beaten Miami the way Wade was playing in the Finals. Shaq would have given Duncan everything he could handle and more, and Miami would have played Shaq and Zo together to mop up on the boards. I dont think Miami was going to be denied regardless of who they played. Wade was unstoppable, and Shaq and Zo would have matched up better vs SA close to the rim, than they did vs Dallas, with their bigs at times away from the basket.

hell why we are talking hypothetical, what if dallas doesnt lose to GS, they would have easily beaten SA in the WCF. Dallas matches up better with SA than anyone, and they have already proved last yr, they can beat SA. See how foolish hypotheticals are......

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

If Garnett goes to the Lakers it won't change anything for Kobe or himself. Garnett has to realize that he'd be playing alongsided the most selfish player in the history of the NBA.

Kobe wants to play in the east. he saw Lebron and a bunch of spare parts make it to the NBA finals, and he thinks he is better than Lebron. So he thinks that should have been him in the finals. But he wont get there in the West, even if Garnett is traded to LA.

Kobe wants to play in the east. he saw Lebron and a bunch of spare parts make it to the NBA finals, and he thinks he is better than Lebron. So he thinks that should have been him in the finals. But he wont get there in the West, even if Garnett is traded to LA.

So, Kobe for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce in the works? :D

Yahoo has a report up that Dallas has entered into talks with Minny about Garnett, though nothing has come of it yet, and they also have this bit up, which, while doubtful of happening in my opinion, would be spectacular:

The Golden State Warriors, who netted a $10 million trade exception from Charlotte in the Jason Richardson deal, can now become a major player in this summer's trade market.

The Warriors acknowledged speaking to the Minnesota Timberwolves this week, presumably about Kevin Garnett. Whether that means they can go after a player of Garnett's stature – and salary – while using the exception remains to be seen.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle