[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inspired by a thread in league forum

tbimm

I am assuming you're talking about Pats homer games. Thats persistance paying off right there. Between the awfull weather, uniforms and teams back in the day I dont see how anyone could 8 games a year.

We drove up to see the Bills at Sullivan or whatever it was at the time 5 years in a row. Jim Kelly jersey and all they weren't nice people, to me or their Patriots.

We were up there right after Zeke Mowatt whipped it out. Also when Grogan had to sign a waiver when he wore the neck brace, saying he wouldn't sue if he got paralyzed. Good times.

I have only been to one game. Giants/Cowboys at the Giants' Stadium a few years ago. It was the last game of the regular season and back when my FF league played our superbowl in week 17. I had coached a brilliant team that year and ended up in the finals against the commish. I sat Julius Jones because Schottenheimer said he was going to run his starters at least at the beginning of the game despite having a playoff spot locked up. LT2 had set the record for consecutive games with a TD and I figured he was a lock for at least one score to extend the streak. At least 6 points right...

So off we go to the Giants game. Giants lay a whooping on the boys. Go team! Julius Jones has an excellent game though. Just under 150 rushing, one or two scores, and around 50 yards on 5 receptions. I lose the league by 5 points because LT2 sat, not even a goal line carry to extend the record because he's just such a modest god damned guy. It was my own fault for gambling and not running the known starter, but it has left a bitter taste in my mouth for going to games. Fortunately I like watching from my comfortable couch in my warm living room rather than freezing on cold stadium seats. I love keeping up with every game that's on, so I'm happier to stay home with my wifi. And nothing beats watching kickoff with a warm plate of eggs and a cup of joe in front of me. Hopefully I'll get out to another game this season though and try to put the devastating defeat behind me. At least I got to see the boys take a licking in person... :D

Even though I live in the Great White North, I've been to at least one NFL game every year for the past 15 years or so.

Gone as far west as KC to see the Chargers back in the year they made it to the drubbing in the SB vs. the 9ers, and went to the " offensive explosion" game in Cinci last year to see the Bolts. Seen them in Buffalo and NE as well.

Been to NE a couple times, Cleveland, Detroit, KC, St. Louis, Carolina, Philly, NJ, ATL, Pittsburgh, Washington, Cinci, Indy, Chicago, Buffalo, Tennessee.

Edited by rebdog