[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OC Fries

cliaz

There are many reasons I kind of feel bad for people who do not live around the Chesapeake Bay. Old Bay seasoning, Real Maryland Blue crabs [not those fake N.C. or LA caught crabs. But one of the main reasons is because you all have never had Ocean City Board Walk Fries. Now you can buy a board walk fry in most malls through the country but nothing [and I do mean nothing] can hold a torch to them.

Drown those babies in vinegar and ketchups…….get a nice crab cake sandwich and a cold dew. My tummy is rumbling right now.

So what food does your state have that no other state can hold a torch too?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many reasons I kind of feel bad for people who do not live around the Chesapeake Bay. Old Bay seasoning, Real Maryland Blue crabs [not those fake N.C. or LA caught crabs. But one of the main reasons is because you all have never had Ocean City Board Walk Fries. Now you can buy a board walk fry in most malls through the country but nothing [and I do mean nothing] can hold a torch to them.

Drown those babies in vinegar and ketchups…….get a nice crab cake sandwich and a cold dew. My tummy is rumbling right now.

So what food does your state have that no other state can hold a torch too?

This new crab franchise called Chickie and Pete's opened up around here (Atlantic City, NJ) about a year ago with a big sign in front that says "Inventor of the Crab Fries". How can they claim they were the first to put Old Bay on french fries?? That's a friggin tradition around here for decades!. . .and we tried them and they were nothing special.

I'm told the tomatoes in Jersey are better than anywhere else, as well as the corn. I'm not sure I can taste the difference, though.

I'm originally from NYC and I can say without a doubt that once you've had a slice of pizza there, everyting else is crap. I also make a point to stop off for a dozen bagels every time I'm up in the city. By far the best.

Lansing, MI- Chili's, TGIFriday's, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Bennigan's, and Bob Evans. We've also got more McDonald's, Burger Kings, Taco Bells, Wendy's, and Subways than you can shake a stick at! :D

Frito Chili Pie among many, many GREAT food items here in Texas. I do not miss Southern California. Odd, I know.

Also, re: OC fries... will be out there on July 9th. I will definitely check 'em out. :D

How long will you be in OC? I will be there the 14th I believe

California (mostly SF bay area):

Most of the produce eaten everywhere else in the country.

Stellar green markets that have amazing stuff year round.

Salmon and dungeoness crabs (not those punk ass blue crabs).

Monterey Bay Calamari.

Napa, Sonoma, Central Coast wines.

Great bread (as has been mentioned).

The birthplace of modern American cuisine- Chez Panisse. Alice Waters is like the Bill Walsh of chefs. People who either worked under her or worked under people who have worked under her are running kitchens all over the country.

Mind you, LA got best food town in the US by Esquire Mag last year but I'm pretty much a Nor Cal so I can't give witness to that claim.

As for my current digs in NC? I'm not a fan of the BBQ and that's their biggest claim to fame.

You obviously have never been to Milwaukee or Chicago on either account.

Actually I have and while I know that Pittsburgh is not the only place that has them, I am sort of thinking that they started here. :D I am not certian of that though.

Nj has cheap gas prices.

:D

We do have great corn and tomatoes though

Nothing too special in Kentucky that I have noticed, but Canada had Poutine which amazingly has not caught on yet in the most obese nation in the world. Man, I miss that stuff.....fresh cut fries, cheese curds, and gravy...a heart attack on a plate.

Nothing too special in Kentucky that I have noticed, but Canada had Poutine which amazingly has not caught on yet in the most obese nation in the world. Man, I miss that stuff.....fresh cut fries, cheese curds, and gravy...a heart attack on a plate.

There's a local gastro-pub here in NC that sells poutine. I tried it, enjoyed it, but no better than to make a habit of eating it.

Actually I have and while I know that Pittsburgh is not the only place that has them, I am sort of thinking that they started here. :D I am not certian of that though.

It's Polish food. Pierogies, kielbasa and golumpki (stuffed cabbage) are some of the more popular Polish foods. Anywhere there's a large Polish population, you'll find these foods... and fat people.

When I visited my friend on Rochester, he introduced me to a "Garbage Plate"

After 10-20 beers, this thing was spectacular. I totally forget al lthat was on it but it wa something like fries, macaroni salad, hamburger patties, cheese and like 3 other things all piled high.

Yum...................there.. my heart just started beating again after just thinking of eating one.

When I visited my friend on Rochester, he introduced me to a "Garbage Plate"

After 10-20 beers, this thing was spectacular. I totally forget al lthat was on it but it wa something like fries, macaroni salad, hamburger patties, cheese and like 3 other things all piled high.

Yum...................there.. my heart just started beating again after just thinking of eating one.

Truly a wonder of modern gastronomy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_plate