[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OC Fries

cliaz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When food is discussed, I miss living in the tri-state area. Cheesesteaks, pretzels, blue crabs, etc.

I guess living in LA, although I am not a huge Mexican food fan, most other areas of the country can't hold a candle to our Mexican food.

Edited by TDFFFreak

You can buy Old Bay at the store but there was something special about those Blue Crab. One of my civilian friends' dad was a crab fisherman.

There was an asian girl that cut our hair at Little Creek and she'd clean your crab for you and make some awesome crab salad just for being able to keep about 1/3 of the meat and all the mustard.

Had a keg once at our apartment with a bathtub full of those crab too for boiling and scaring the chicks. It was a blast.

I had never lived on the east coast so I had no respect for the blue crab. Tasty. I think the crabcakes we had in Baltimore were Blue Crab too but I'm not positive.

There was an asian girl that cut our hair at Little Creek and she'd clean your crab for you and make some awesome crab salad just for being able to keep about 1/3 of the meat and all the mustard.

Ain't NOBODY gettin the mustard outta my blues. . .that's the best part.

SLURP!!

Lansing, MI- Chili's, TGIFriday's, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Bennigan's, and Bob Evans. We've also got more McDonald's, Burger Kings, Taco Bells, Wendy's, and Subways than you can shake a stick at! :D

I recall having a decent olive burger at Dagwood's.

We got back from our family vacation in OC just this past Saturday....five trips to the boardwalk with the kids, four XL fries with the works...frickin' amazing.

As for local talent, our cheesesteaks and pretzels (soft and hard) are miles ahed of anywhere else. And both due to the same thing...the hardness of the water here makes the bread/dough perfect.

Though I will say this....if you are at the shore, and make your way to Atlantic City, stop at the White House for a cheesesteak sub....owned by guys from Philly, it will be a trip your taste buds will never forget.

We got back from our family vacation in OC just this past Saturday....five trips to the boardwalk with the kids, four XL fries with the works...frickin' amazing.

As for local talent, our cheesesteaks and pretzels (soft and hard) are miles ahed of anywhere else. And both due to the same thing...the hardness of the water here makes the bread/dough perfect.

Though I will say this....if you are at the shore, and make your way to Atlantic City, stop at the White House for a cheesesteak sub....owned by guys from Philly, it will be a trip your taste buds will never forget.

:droooooooooooooool:

What I was saying in my earlier post.

I will say upon my first visit to Chicago a few weeks ago, I have found a city that rivals the Tri-state area in gut busting goodness.

Edited by TDFFFreak

the White House does have some very good subs...

I live in Louisiana, son. Enjoy your fries. :D

:D

My Cajun cousins will are coming into town tomorrow and will be here for the weekend. Tomorrow night chicken and andouille jambalaya. Friday night seafood gumbo. Saturday night crawfish boil. Sunday lunch crawfish ettouffe. Sunday, they go back, and we are fatter than we were when they came.

California (mostly SF bay area):

Most of the produce eaten everywhere else in the country.

Stellar green markets that have amazing stuff year round.

Salmon and dungeoness crabs (not those punk ass blue crabs).

Monterey Bay Calamari.

Napa, Sonoma, Central Coast wines.

Great bread (as has been mentioned).

The birthplace of modern American cuisine- Chez Panisse. Alice Waters is like the Bill Walsh of chefs. People who either worked under her or worked under people who have worked under her are running kitchens all over the country.

Mind you, LA got best food town in the US by Esquire Mag last year but I'm pretty much a Nor Cal so I can't give witness to that claim.

pretty much.

in colorado: game, buffalo and lamb in particular....not too much else remarkably unique in state. we have some nice produce...... http://www.ag.state.co.us/mkt/brochures/produce.html

Have any of you heard of turkey and dressing sammichs? It amazed me when I moved away from Dubuque county the amount of people that have never heard of them. I mean I moved an hour away from home and almost no one knows what they are. Anyway they're delicious. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas my grandma (god rest her soul) would make the best turkey and dressing sandwiches.

Edited by Sam

in colorado: game, buffalo and lamb in particular....not too much else remarkably unique in state. we have some nice produce...... http://www.ag.state.co.us/mkt/brochures/produce.html

yeah. the one thing i will say though is you can get some damn fine mexican food of the new mexico tradition, much moreso than other cities i've been to.

Have any of you heard of turkey and dressing sammichs? It amazed me when I moved away from Dubuque county the amount of people that have never heard of them. I mean I moved an hour away from home and almost no one knows what they are. Anyway they're delicious. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas my grandma (got rest her soul) would make the best turkey and dressing sandwiches.

Yep, what else are you going to do with Thanksgiving leftovers.

yeah. the one thing i will say though is you can get some damn fine mexican food of the new mexico tradition, much moreso than other cities i've been to.

:D ..... but ..... it's ..... new mexican :D