[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Son Broke His Arm Last Night!

spain

Dam it! My 3 year old son, Coop, broke his left arm last night. He was playing with his sister and I didnt see what happened. He broke the ulna so most likely he stuck his arm out to catch himself and it snapped. Took him to the ER and they took an X-ray. Sure enough, it was a clean break. I knew it was broken because that little ankle biter is tougher than boot leather. He gets hurt, he might cry for a second and he shakes it off. Not this time. He cried for a few minutes and then laid down and asked me for some ice to put on his arm. Didnt cry again but kept saying his arm hurt. After an hour or two I knew it wasnt getting better and took him for the X-ray.

They wrapped it up and told me to call the orthopedic guys today. Bad time for an arm break with the pool open and it hotter than women prisoners at a Chippendale show. But he isnt complaining about it this morning.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer.

A friends son recently had a clean break like that, and they fed a tiny metal rod right down through the bone to align the two pieces. Wrapped it up in a cast, and he healed up real quick. But obviously when they go that route, that need to operate to get the rod back out. DIdn't slow down this kid though.

same thing happened to me at 5yo. spent my whole disney world vacation with a garbage bag around my cast to keep it dry while swimming. sucks to hear, but boys will be boys. hope he gets well soon. whats with the spain men and their arm injuries??

Edited by dmarc117

Next call will be from Child Services.

Could happen.

My son was at my house and fell off the slide and broke his arm (he was maybe 6 or 7).

Insurance company is talking to ex-wife about what happened and they asked her if she believed that's what really happened.

That sucks Spain. Like you said especially in the summer and its tough to ask a 3 year old to limit themselves from things they are used to doing because he has a break..I hope he heals up quick..

Bummer.

A friends son recently had a clean break like that, and they fed a tiny metal rod right down through the bone to align the two pieces. Wrapped it up in a cast, and he healed up real quick. But obviously when they go that route, that need to operate to get the rod back out. DIdn't slow down this kid though.

Same thing happened to a friends son two weeks ago. Must be something going around. :D

Oddly enough, I was having a conversation last night with my wife and I asked her if she was ready for all of the bumps and bruises that are generally asscociated with having a boy.

Sorry to hear that Spain and here's hoping to a quick recovery for your boy.