[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Son Broke His Arm Last Night!

spain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this turn of events sure blows for him, now doesn't it. I can't imagine an active kid having to pull in the reins because of a busted limb. Hope it heals quickly for him so he can back out there and risk hurting himself another way. :D:D Ah kids will be kids, especially boys. Good luck.

Edited by irish

When I was in 3rd grade, a kid slid down the fireman's pole and broke his leg on the last day of school. I remember feeling extremely bad for him because he wouldn't be able to go swimming all summer.

Hope your boy heals soon.

Man, I remember falling off a horse when I was about 8 and breaking my arm. It hurt like hell but we had this friend of my step mother's over who was a nurse and she was convinced that it was fine, that "only my pride was hurt". I remember thinking, "pride my ass, my freaking arm is killing me and I can't make a fist."

They put it in a sling and I went along for hours trying to suck it up. Finally I went to my dad and told him that it really, really hurt. Asked him if we could please go to the hospital. Lo and behold, Nurse Cratchet was wrong and the f'er was broken. God I was pissed.

Their bones are growing anyway, youngsters heal very quickly and very well. And I'm no doctor, but I think a clean break might even be better from a healing perspective than a partial break.

Don't they have waterproof casts by now? They must, I gotta' believe there's something they can use that would still allow the kid to swim this summer.

Next call will be from Child Services.

Sorry to hear. Tough deal for the little tyke.

Sorry to hear that, Spain. But if he's as tough as you say, you'll probably be chasing him around trying to stop him from re-injuring it! :tup:

I'm curious about CPS also. I wonder who they decide to interview and why? :D

But then again we ARE talking Tennessee! :D

Good to hear he is ok. Wife's cousin broke his when small and the family never took him to the doc and it was never set. He can now reach around corners without bending his elbow.

Excellent name btw

He has it all padded up and in a sling, but he is running around like nothing is wrong. It has sunk in yet that he is going to have to protect that arm. And he is really going to be pissed if he cant go swimming. And we just joined a swimming and tennis club this summer! :D

He has it all padded up and in a sling, but he is running around like nothing is wrong. It has sunk in yet that he is going to have to protect that arm. And he is really going to be pissed if he cant go swimming. And we just joined a swimming and tennis club this summer! :D

Now is the perfect opportunity to allow him to watch the movie "Jaws"...he won't want to go swimming for years!

I have good news and I have bad news! First the good news: My wife took Coop to the Orthopedic guy this morning. They put a cast on him that is waterproof!! He can swim all he wants! I didnt know they had these type casts, but they do! He wont miss a thing! Now the bad news: The doctor told him that he could have any color cast he wanted. Blue, green, purple, black, etc. He chose florescent PINK! :D If that little curtain climber starts watching Judy Garland movies then I know I have a little Hankk on my hands...

I have good news and I have bad news! First the good news: My wife took Coop to the Orthopedic guy this morning. They put a cast on him that is waterproof!! He can swim all he wants! I didnt know they had these type casts, but they do! He wont miss a thing! Now the bad news: The doctor told him that he could have any color cast he wanted. Blue, green, purple, black, etc. He chose florescent PINK! :D If that little curtain climber starts watching Judy Garland movies then I know I have a little Hankk on my hands...

Was he looking at your shirt at the time? :D

Sorry to hear this spain.

Anyone remember the Simpsons episode where the Simpsons get a pool in their backyard and BArt breaks his leg, so he can't enjoy it. He becomes a neurotic recluse up in his room with binoculars.

This is your boy's future spain. :D

Good to hear he is ok. Wife's cousin broke his when small and the family never took him to the doc and it was never set. He can now reach around corners without bending his elbow.

Excellent name btw

Spain is actually an expert at this

Sorry to hear this spain.

Anyone remember the Simpsons episode where the Simpsons get a pool in their backyard and BArt breaks his leg, so he can't enjoy it. He becomes a neurotic recluse up in his room with binoculars.

This is your boy's future spain. :D

One of my favorite scenes in any simpsons episode is in that one..Millhouse signs Barts cast Millpool because he cant wait to ditch Bart and jump in