[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Son Broke His Arm Last Night!

spain

One of my favorite scenes in any simpsons episode is in that one..Millhouse signs Barts cast Millpool because he cant wait to ditch Bart and jump in

Didn't that episode end with Martin standing naked in the pool (which has been destroyed), singing "Summer Wind"?

That makes it one of the all time great episodes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memorial Day 2004. My then 2 year old son Max is wrestling with his cousin. They are standing toe to toe with their arms intertwined. Max twists awkwardly, and everyone in the room hears a loud POP! He broke his freakin' femur, and I tried to have him "walk it off". :D Spiral fracture. He was in a cast from the bottom of his rib cage to the ankle on the broken leg, and to the knee on the other leg in a seated postion. It's called a hip spica (sp?) cast. I actually did get interviewed by Child Protective Services. Interviewer said that in 15 years of doing this, it was the first spiral fracture she'd seen that didn't come from abuse. I guess a spiral fracture is an automatic red flag.

This comes after, about a year earlier, we are at my wife's parents house out in the country. They have a big wrap around porch. Max is out there playing, when he comes around and shows me his hand and says "kitty bite me". Sure enough, he's got some jagged tooth marks on his pinky that broke the skin. I go looking around the porch, and in the corner is a bloody, gnarled possum with a broken jaw. We assume the dog drug it up on the porch. Anyways, Max tried to PET IT, and it bit him. Well as I'm inside cleaning his hand, I see his grandpa put the possum in a bucket. Then I see him get his gun. As I shout "Don't shoot it in the BANG!" Yep. Gramps blew its brains out. Can't be tested for rabies. So he had to have rabies vaccinations at under 2 years old. Guy from Natural Resources tries to tell me the chances of the possum having rabies are very slim, and he wouldn't worry about having the vaccinations. But if it did have rabies, Max will die. :D Yeah, I'm gonna take that chance. moran.

Did I mention my younger son, broke his arm falling off a swing set? He was 2 years old as well.

Boys man. They are an adventure.

Didn't that episode end with Martin standing naked in the pool (which has been destroyed), singing "Summer Wind"?

That makes it one of the all time great episodes.

I'm just going to hope that there will be no gay jokes over this.

I know what you're going through. My 9 year old broke his left arm 2 months ago during a soccer game. His orthopedic doc said he could still play if his padded the cast. Can't imagine though if he were young like yours. Only bummer for mine was that he is left-handed and still had homework to do. He got his cast off in 4 weeks, right before pool season down south. It's amazing how they bounce back.

Memorial Day 2004. My then 2 year old son Max is wrestling with his cousin. They are standing toe to toe with their arms intertwined. Max twists awkwardly, and everyone in the room hears a loud POP! He broke his freakin' femur, and I tried to have him "walk it off". :D Spiral fracture. He was in a cast from the bottom of his rib cage to the ankle on the broken leg, and to the knee on the other leg in a seated postion. It's called a hip spica (sp?) cast. I actually did get interviewed by Child Protective Services. Interviewer said that in 15 years of doing this, it was the first spiral fracture she'd seen that didn't come from abuse. I guess a spiral fracture is an automatic red flag.

This comes after, about a year earlier, we are at my wife's parents house out in the country. They have a big wrap around porch. Max is out there playing, when he comes around and shows me his hand and says "kitty bite me". Sure enough, he's got some jagged tooth marks on his pinky that broke the skin. I go looking around the porch, and in the corner is a bloody, gnarled possum with a broken jaw. We assume the dog drug it up on the porch. Anyways, Max tried to PET IT, and it bit him. Well as I'm inside cleaning his hand, I see his grandpa put the possum in a bucket. Then I see him get his gun. As I shout "Don't shoot it in the BANG!" Yep. Gramps blew its brains out. Can't be tested for rabies. So he had to have rabies vaccinations at under 2 years old. Guy from Natural Resources tries to tell me the chances of the possum having rabies are very slim, and he wouldn't worry about having the vaccinations. But if it did have rabies, Max will die. :D Yeah, I'm gonna take that chance. moran.

Did I mention my younger son, broke his arm falling off a swing set? He was 2 years old as well.

Boys man. They are an adventure.

Wow. I hope I never have to go through any of that with my boy.