[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hardest Pick in the Draft

Dade

I've got the # 5 pick in one of my drafts and believe it could be one of the toughest spots on the board. IMO, LT2, SJax, LJ and Gore are pretty much 1-4 which leaves me with Alexander (injured?), Westbrook, Addai, etc. This is a PPR league, so I'm leaning toward Westy but am glad I still have 6-7 weeks to make up my mind. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be darn hard to have Peyton Manning on your fantasy roster and not make the playoffs. You can't say that about Shaun Alexander, Joseph Addai or Westbrook or whoever else you would take at #5.

Not really. I took Peyton #5 last year and wound up with McGahee and Bush as my RBs.

I've got the # 5 pick in one of my drafts and believe it could be one of the toughest spots on the board. IMO, LT2, SJax, LJ and Gore are pretty much 1-4 which leaves me with Alexander (injured?), Westbrook, Addai, etc. This is a PPR league, so I'm leaning toward Westy but am glad I still have 6-7 weeks to make up my mind. :D

The 5 spot might be the worst position in the draft this year. It's such a crap shoot and you are rewarded with having to wait for your 2nd pick. I'd rather have 6, 7, or 8 than pick #5.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I'd take the #2 all day long. Choosing between LJ and SJ is hardly a bad thing either way you go. Same for picking at #4 since you get either Gore, Alexander, Addai, etc.

There is no bad draft spot really but the reality is that the further back you are in round one, the more challenged you are to get RBs that are highly productive and central to a good team. After about 18 or 19 years playing FF, I have concluded that I will always want the earlist draft pick that I can get. The earlier, the better. Playing the back-end swing (1.12 and 2.01) is kind of fun though since it lets you do some different things with two picks back to back. But all things equal - 1 is better than 2 is better than 3 is better than 4...

I think it depends on the given year, Dave. This year, I totally agree, esp in 12 tm leagues.