Sign in to follow this  
darin3

What's burnin' a hole in your CD player / iPod / etc.

Dead artists kick:

Blind Melon

Sublime

Alice in Chains

I just watched the Unplugged Alice in Chains on Netflix. Great stuff.

Bit of Blind Melon and Sublime trivia as it pertains to the great darin3...

My wife knows (not well, mind you) the guy that sold the Blind Melon lead singer the drugs he OD'ed on. And I was at the second-to-last Sublime show. They were on their way up to San Fran (where lead singer OD'ed) and stopped in Santa Barbara (where I was going to school) to play - of all things - a fraternity party. The next night, they played a show in SF and he OD'ed after.

My wife knows (not well, mind you) the guy that sold the Blind Melon lead singer the drugs he OD'ed on. And I was at the second-to-last Sublime show. They were on their way up to San Fran (where lead singer OD'ed) and stopped in Santa Barbara (where I was going to school) to play - of all things - a fraternity party. The next night, they played a show in SF and he OD'ed after.

If memory serves me correctly Blind Melon was going to have a show in New Orleans but the lead singer died on the bus en route.

Their music still sounds great... great summer time music. Sublime would've been great at a party. :D

If memory serves me correctly Blind Melon was going to have a show in New Orleans but the lead singer died on the bus en route.

Yeah I heard that, and I also heard that they were already in NO, too.

Yeah I heard that, and I also heard that they were already in NO, too.

Yeah, I think you're right. They found him dead in New Orleans.

awesome music, particularly op. 131 & 132. the long middle movement of op. 132 is one of the most emotionally profound pieces of music i've come across. which recording are you listening to?

I own a few, but the one I put on the iPod is the Melos Quartet on the DG label.

I own a few, but the one I put on the iPod is the Melos Quartet on the DG label.

don't have that one. my favorite among the recordings i've heard of the late quartets is the quartetto italiano on philips.

Amy Winehouse :D

awesome music, particularly op. 131 & 132. the long middle movement of op. 132 is one of the most emotionally profound pieces of music i've come across. which recording are you listening to?

Well, sure, but those guys are nowhere near as good as Pink Floyd, are they?

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

Best album I've heard in years. :D

Unknown Hinson

Cheeseburger

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

Best album I've heard in years. :D

Have to give that a whirl - Leviathan was disappointing.