[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Live Free or Die Hard

seminoles

Went to see it and I thought it was good. I can't compare it to the other three Die Hards as I haven't seen them yet, but this movie is pretty much what it is advertised to be: a kick ass action movie. The technology part in the movie with all of the hackers and the capabilities they seem to have is a little over done, but it does make you think if a fire sale could actually happen. It's worth a trip to the movie theater to see it on the big screen.

Loved DH III, never really did see I and II all the way through although I plan to soon. For some reason they just never grabbed my interest and held it.

I'll catch IV when it comes out on DVD most likely.

It currently has an 8.5/10 on IMDB, so the people are definitely digging it.

The original Die Hard is one of the best action movies ever, imho.

Die Hard II & With A Vengence were good movies, but, don't hold a candle to the first, imho.

Loved DH III, never really did see I and II all the way through although I plan to soon. For some reason they just never grabbed my interest and held it.

I'll catch IV when it comes out on DVD most likely.

:D 1 and 2 were by far the better movies... Die Hard - With a Vengeance (#3) was alright, but did not hold a candle to the first two... not even close. You need to get those DVDs.

Seriously? Samuel Jackson was awesome in Vengance...loved that film...

Eh. Yeah, he was good, but the movie itself? Some sort of sadistic scavenger hunt? Pretty lame. Anyways, it was a decent flick.... nowhere near as good as the first two.

Couple things that were great about DH 1 was that nobody really expected Bruce Willis to be an effective action hero kind of guy since he was pretty much fresh out of Moonlighting, so that was fun. Plus you had a terrific villain - Hans Gruber - played by Alan Rickman - who practically stole the show (did the same when he played the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood).

Couple things that were great about DH 1 was that nobody really expected Bruce Willis to be an effective action hero kind of guy since he was pretty much fresh out of Moonlighting, so that was fun. Plus you had a terrific villain - Hans Gruber - played by Alan Rickman - who practically stole the show (did the same when he played the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood).

Yup.... DH1 kind of started the whole 90's genre of action flicks- and was an all around kick ass movie. DHII was solid as well- the 3rd one- not so much.

Clay........Bill Clay - one of the best villians ever.

This movie looks too over the top- I will see it- but not expecting much. The kid from the Mac commercials is his sidekick?? dude will be annoying fo sure.

It currently has an 8.5/10 on IMDB, so the people are definitely digging it.

The original Die Hard is one of the best action movies ever, imho.

Die Hard II & With A Vengence were good movies, but, don't hold a candle to the first, imho.

Entertainment weekly named the firs Die Hard as the best action movie ever

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from seeing it and it was AWESOME. Totally improbable every 2 minutes, a bit violent and AWESOME. Lot of great lines too.

Two big thumbs up.

Good call. I loved the first Die Hard movie, liked 2 & 3 and will see this one as well. Rickman does play a hell of a bad guy.

Saw this movie a couple weeks ago and loved it. Of course I also enjoyed the other 3 as well. One of the funniest parts in the movie I thought (and only one other person in the theatre laughed at this as well) was when the FBI agent that was going to drive them to DHS introduced himself as Special Agent Johnson. :D

You'd have to have seen the first movie and remember the relevance to get it, but I got a good laugh out of it.

First of all, there's only one possible way to rank these 4 movies.

The original is the greatest action movie of all time. 3 (Vengeance) was really really good - his interaction with Sam Jackson was consistently entertaining, and I enjoyed the plot and the production, though the ending was very tacked-on. 4 was surprisingly enjoyable, and 2 was pretty disappointing.

As for the most recent one, I thought it was less "Die Hard" and more "24: The Movie". McClane is very Jack Bauer - i mean, the dude kills a fighter jet with his bare hands! That said, as long as you realized it was 100% implausible and ridiculous and were okay with that, it was really enjoyable. Loved the Kevin Smith cameo ("you down with the Fett?" "no, I'm more of a Star Wars guy." " :D " )

Just saw it last night and found it very enjoyable. It was even remotely believable until the jet scene near the end.

Also....all bad guys need to go back to the range and practice. They are the worst shots EVER!! :D

What Willis does at the end when he says his tag-line Yippee-Ki-Yay was the first I have ever seen like that and an outstanding ending.

When the apocalypse happens, the only things left will be Cockroaches, coyotes and John McClane.