[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When breaking up

MojoMan

Since I'm such an irascible jackass, all of my relationships end up going down the tubes at some point. I'm nearing that point again.

Question for the forum, is it better to be the dumpee or dumper? NB: This is solely from the perspective of future relationships. I'm not 16 where a great deal of my self esteem will be lost by being dumped. Been there, done that, and there will be other relationships.

Pros for being the dumpee - you're seen as the victim, women are afraid to be dumped so they prefer a dumpee

Pros for being the dumper - you're in control, future GFs won't think you were a Veronicawhipped loser

What say ye?

Since I'm such an irascible jackass, all of my relationships end up going down the tubes at some point. I'm nearing that point again.

Question for the forum, is it better to be the dumpee or dumper? NB: This is solely from the perspective of future relationships. I'm not 16 where a great deal of my self esteem will be lost by being dumped. Been there, done that, and there will be other relationships.

Pros for being the dumpee - you're seen as the victim, women are afraid to be dumped so they prefer a dumpee

Pros for being the dumper - you're in control, future GFs won't think you were a Veronicawhipped loser

What say ye?

When you're applying for a new job, what looks better on the application?

Reason for leaving last job:

1. I quit.

2. I got fired.

Always be the dumper.

In my idiot days, I used to do the standard "I'll make the woman dump me, that way I won't look like an ass hole" manuever - which rarely works and you look like an ass hole before the dumping AND after.

If it's over, it's over - cut the f*ckin' strings.

a dumper or dumpee only exists if one of the couple wants to keep the thing going and one does not. so if you want to keep it going, then you try to make it work, because it is something you want. if you don't want to keep it going, but she does, then you have no choice but to dump. if the thing is such a mess that both parties probably know it's over, it is really irrelevant and not worth the thought time. you get together and agree it's not working and move on.

future dames will have a bit of sympathy if you have been dumped, because to them it means you have a broken heart and can love. this is assuming that you wanted the thing to continue, but she didn't. they will be less interested in who cut the final string in a completely failing situation and more interested in why the thing died in general (to get more insight on you).

and there is no shame in being a whipped loser if you are truly in love. go with your heart young man.

a dumper or dumpee only exists if one of the couple wants to keep the thing going and one does not. so if you want to keep it going, then you try to make it work, because it is something you want. if you don't want to keep it going, but she does, then you have no choice but to dump. if the thing is such a mess that both parties probably know it's over, it is really irrelevant and not worth the thought time. you get together and agree it's not working and move on.

future dames will have a bit of sympathy if you have been dumped, because to them it means you have a broken heart and can love. this is assuming that you wanted the thing to continue, but she didn't. they will be less interested in who cut the final string in a completely failing situation and more interested in why the thing died in general (to get more insight on you).

and there is no shame in being a whipped loser if you are truly in love. go with your heart young man.

Dean Martin is giving some pretty sound advice here

In my idiot days, I used to do the standard "I'll make the woman dump me, that way I won't look like an ass hole" manuever - which rarely works and you look like an ass hole before the dumping AND after.

If it's over, it's over - cut the f*ckin' strings.

+1

The dumper is usually the better position to take unless you're trying to score with her hot friends. Then dumpee may work for you.

What say ye?

well, it sure sounds like it's all over but the formalities at this point. hard for me to see how it matters one way or the other, unless, like someone else said, you're trying to score with one of her friends.