[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Future Hall Of Famers

keggerz

49ers:

larry allen (for his cowboys days)

possibly bryant young (though i'm not counting on it):

CAREER: One of the most respected and disruptive defensive players in the NFL…Possesses explosive combination of speed, strength, quickness and intensity...Third all-time in team history with 77.5 career sacks…Won the team’s LEN ESHMONT AWARD, symbolic of player who best exemplifies courage and leadership, for the sixth time and the second time in consecutive years (1996, ’98, ’99, 2000, ’04, ‘05)...Became first player to ever win the award three consecutive years (1998, ’99, 2000)...First five-time winner of team’s most prestigious award... Recipient of the 2005 ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD, honoring a player for overcoming injury or hardship… Recipient of the first ever BILL WALSH AWARD in 2004, awarded to the team MVP as voted on by the coaching staff…Has earned PRO BOWL honors four times (1996, ‘99, 2001, ‘02)...Was named first-team ALL-PRO in 1996 and 1998 and second team in 1999 and 2001...Drive and determination was exploited after returning from career-threatening broken leg in 1999...Was named NFL COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR for his efforts...Impact with 49ers was instant as he earned NFL DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR from UPI in 1994.

dont forget the newly acquired Nate Clements....maybe Walt Harris too?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady

Moss- Can't believe I'm even saying this. And I'm not sure he's a lock yet. Needs one or two very productive seasons in town to secure a spot, imo.

Harisson

Seau

That's about it for current players. But I don't think there's much debate as to what team Vinatieri goes in with. And maybe Ty Law :D ?

Seymour will be a lock by the time his career is over.

Bruschi will have a pretty good chance. He will get some extra votes for coming back from the stroke.

dont forget the newly acquired Nate Clements....maybe Walt Harris too?

i hear ya on them.. thought about it, but i think the hall is for the very best.... not just the very good.

we'll see how they do in the years to come.

Locks - Derrick Brooks, Simeon Rice

Maybe - Ronde Barber

The only way Ronde is sniffing the HOF is if his brother gets in ... and (as was widely discussed last year) there is no way that is going to happen either.

The only way Ronde is sniffing the HOF is if his brother gets in ... and (as was widely discussed last year) there is no way that is going to happen either.

Simeon Rice is far from a lock as well. I don't think that one-dimensinoal DEs like him and Freeney will get in. Now Julius Peppers, on the other hand...

Simeon Rice is far from a lock as well. I don't think that one-dimensinoal DEs like him and Freeney will get in. Now Julius Peppers, on the other hand...

Freeney and Peppers dont have nearly the sack numbers of Rice....

Rice is #13 on the alltime sack list with 121, not far behind Strahan at #7 with 132. They are the only active players with over 100 sacks.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

I do tend to agree with you there however, Ronde has one things in his resume that might set him apart.

"On December 11, 2005, in a game against the Carolina Panthers, he became the first cornerback in the history of the NFL to record at least 20 interceptions and 20 sacks in his career. He became the seventh member of the 20/20 club, joining linebackers Seth Joyner, Wilber Marshall, William Thomas and Ray Lewis and safeties Rodney Harrison and LeRoy Butler."

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Freeney and Peppers dont have nearly the sack numbers of Rice....

Rice has been in the league for 11 years. Freeney and Peppers have been in the league for only five and both have over 50 sacks already. What's your point?

Rice is #13 on the alltime sack list with 121, not far behind Strahan at #7 with 132. They are the only active players with over 100 sacks.

Drew Blesoe is 5th all time in completions, 7th all time in passing yds, and 13th all time in passing TDs. Does that make him a HOFer?

There are only 11 people who played DE full-time that are in the HOF. Are you telling me that Simeon Rice, a player who is frequently criticized for not being able to play against the run, is in the same category as Reggie White, Howie Long, Carl Eller, Gino Marchetti, and Jack Youngblood? He's a great pass-rusher, but playing DE is about more than just sacks. He deserves to be on the ballot, but he's FAR from a lock and I think he'll have a tough time getting in.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I'm not really arguing with you, he is probably a long shot to make the hall of fame. I'm just saying that people around football know what Hines Ward value is as a complete package at the Wide Receiver position.

If they start-up a HOF for crybaby's he'd be in the inaugural class w/ Vermeil.

If they start-up a HOF for crybaby's he'd be in the inaugural class w/ Vermeil.

Maybe they can put the crybaby wing right next to the murderer's ring, with O.J. and Ray Ray.

Edited by Menudo

Lynch isn't getting in. Good career and cat hit hard, but he's always sucked in coverage. Brian Dawkins and Troy Polamalu are the types of SS that will get into the HOF.

I think you're correct about Lynch - he's a Zach Thomas type guy, very good player but lacking something - HOWEVER I think media guys regard him highly, so he may be able to sneak in.

Chad Johnson - on track

Willie Anderson - should, it'll be a shame if he doesn't. A great player on an awful team for a long time, probably hurts his chances.

Carson Palmer - here's hoping he's an "absolute lock" in five years when we revisit this post!!!!

Darkhorse pick: Jonathon Joseph, CB.