[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Future Hall Of Famers

keggerz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above Average Chance

Lance Briggs

Average Chance

Alex Brown

Adam Archuleta

Keep It Up and Definately

Nathan Vasher

:D

Strange things happen to you when you drink the navy-and-orange kool aid while wearing your navy-and-orange sunglasses.

I dunno, he looked good at the end of last year - if Whiz rides him into the sunset, he could have a similar late-career arc to the Bus (which took a borderline guy and made him a pretty likely inductee). Edge is over 10k yds and top 20 in rushing yds, and top 50 in total tds - where a couple-3 solid years can get him into the top 25.

If he has a few more solid seasons (1000-1200 yds, 8-10 tds), he can be a VERY strong candidate.

I suppose it's possible, but that fact that he's only had four seasons that could be considered "dominant" (on an offense with at least two stud HOFers) and won't have any more in Arizona hurts him. And, though no fault of his own, he doesn't have a ring, which (unfortunately) matters to a lot of the voters.

IMO, Edge has 2-3 more productive (1,000 yd) years in him. That'll put him, IMO, in the same category as Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, and Bettis. And I'd say that Martin is at the top of that class. And Curtis will take a back seat to the first-ballot no-brainers like LT, Faulk, and most likely Alexander as well.

I suppose it was incorrect of me to say that Edge has no chance, but I still don't like his chances. I hope that I'm wrong.

though no fault of his own, he doesn't have a ring, which (stupidly) matters to a lot of the voters.

Corrected the one small flaw in your post.

I just started thinking about our roster and got frustrated. Too young for HOF statements.

"Too young for HoF statements" isn't a BAD thing IMO. So are the Cardinals, Edgerrin James excepted.

Locks

Brian Urlacher

Olin Kreutz

Above Average Chance

Ruben Brown

Lance Briggs

Average Chance

Alex Brown

Mike Brown

Adam Archuleta

Keep It Up and Definately

Tommie Harris

Nathan Vasher

Devin Hester?

Um......even I'm struggling with this. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying our team is bad Chavez, I like em. And I like TT too, but don't tell Shelby pls.

It's just hard for me to make HOF statements on them yet.

PS - dun dun da-daaa-da dun go pack go

Strange things happen to you when you drink the navy-and-orange kool aid while wearing your navy-and-orange sunglasses.

Um......even I'm struggling with this. :D

I'm only claiming Urlacher and Kreutz. Until they've retired, every NFL player has a "chance" at the HOF. Why am I so far off base? You :tup: with no retort. Hell, even Rex Grossman still has a "chance".

I'm only claiming Urlacher and Kreutz. Until they've retired, every NFL player has a "chance" at the HOF. Why am I so far off base? You :D with no retort. Hell, even Rex Grossman still has a "chance".

Would you mind not bogarting that joint?

OK, I see what you mean but the thread title is about who is looking a likely candidate NOW, not who might pull off a miracle and get in eventually. The answer to that is clearly "everyone".

I'm only claiming Urlacher and Kreutz. Until they've retired, every NFL player has a "chance" at the HOF. Why am I so far off base? You :D with no retort. Hell, even Rex Grossman still has a "chance".

Mike Brown and Adam Archuletta aren't going to the HOF. And I wouldn't call Kreutz a "lock", although I really like his chances.

"Grossman" and "HOF" shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence... ever. :D

Locks:

Gonzalez

Law

Maybe:

Derrick Johnson

Donnie Edwards

LJ

Locks that just retired:

Shields

Roaf

Edited by Hat Trick

Bettis will get in.

Faneca has a good shot.

Ward has a decent shot (The Super Bowl MVP will help)

Polamalu, if he stays healthy, will be a HOF'er, but, it is too early to say that now.

Cowher will get in.

That is all. I think some of you, especially Urlacher Is God, need to realize how difficult it is to make the Hall. Ask Art Monk.

When Bettis gets inducted, I will be making my first trip to Canton.

He took his team to how many NFC Champ games in a row. and 1 Sb. With nothing around him on offense for most of that time. He will be remembered as a 1 man offense for many of those solid yrs Philly had. I cant believe Im defending a bird to a birds fan.

Do you really think that'll be enough to get him voted into the Hall by the general football world? I mean, I hope so, but I'm just not so sure it's enough unless he has a few more great years.

From the Saints Rickey Jackson should be in the HoF but never will because he was a Saint. :D

From the current team possibles are Will Smith, Jamal Brown, Charles Grant, Drew Brees, Reggie Bush & Marques Colston.

shut up, I am still thinking...

Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson.

Darren Sharper will end his career with some gaudy int totals, but I don't know that he was ever truly "dominant."

Matt Birk is the only current Viking unless Hutch goes in as one instead of a Seahawk.

Kevin Williams has potential but is still a ways off.

Chris Carter should make it.

Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson.

Darren Sharper will end his career with some gaudy int totals, but I don't know that he was ever truly "dominant."

Antoine Winfield is one of the top corners in the league year in and year out but I don't think he will be a hall of famer...

You should take another look at what Vasher has done in a very short amount of time. If you project his defensive production out, he becomes a very very good shot. In short: he's on pace.

Those others, meh. Briggs is the next Warrick Holdman: looks great playing next to Urlacher, but will fall far short of being 'the man' in his own system.

You should take another look at what Vasher has done in a very short amount of time. If you project his defensive production out, he becomes a very very good shot. In short: he's on pace.

So were Sterling Sharpe and Terrell Davis.