[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cbs improvements........

dmarc117

What's New for 2007?

Here is a sample of what's new in this year's Fantasy Football Commissioner. The following is a result of customer feedback, so please continue to let us know what improvements and additions you would like to see.

You asked for it... you got it

* Wider Pages - We've gone wider on all league pages which makes for a much nicer layout, better utilization of space, and more content above the fold.

* Video Player - You'll now be able to watch exclusive CBS Fantasy Football video content right on your league homepage. We've added a video player so that you can get more timely and more in-depth advice from our Fantasy Football experts.

* Fantasy League Calendar - Do you find it annoying to constantly have to remind the members in your league of impending deadlines? The new league calendar will do all of that for you. It will remind everyone in your league of events such as lineup deadlines, waiver runs, trade deadlines, and any other dates that you want your league members to be aware of.

* Message Center - We've added a more effective means for us to communicate to our users the important site events that take place during the season. Further, the new functionality is also more effective for each commissioner to communicate important details to the rest of the league.

* Fantasy Navigation Bar - You may notice that some of the site navigation has changed. We've changed the names and locations of some links in an effort to make it easier for our users to find the information they are looking for.

* Draft Room Upgrades - We've made the draft room much more manageable to navigate by adding "quick change" links to each position. We've also added new functionality including the ability to see who is logged into the draft room at any given time and the ability to drag and drop players in your draft queue. In doing all of this we've also increased the overall performance of the draft room.

* Transactions after Thursday games - With the NFL adding more and more Thursday games, we understand the impact this has on your fantasy experience. Now, you can add/drop and trade players up until game time on Sundays even if there has been a game on Thursday or Saturday...of course those players who participated in games earlier in the week will be excluded.

* Even More Options for "Keeper" leagues - On top of our already amazing keeper capabilities, we now offer a "practice squad" option where owners can stash those diamonds in the rough from season to season. Also, the 'Injured' setting is now tied in to the NFL's IR (Injured Reserve) list. So if one of your players is out for the season, you can put him on your own team's IR and not have to waste a spot on him. Plus you'll be able to keep him for next year when he is healthy again.

* Gameday Weather - Is it snowing at Lambeau today? Is it raining in Seattle? Ever wondered how conditions on the field may affect your players and their performance? Wonder no more! Now you can see what the gameday weather is for each of your players right on your lineup page.

* Better Scouting Tools - In addition to our already robust 'Roster Trends' area which show you the 'most owned free agents', 'most added and dropped players', and the 'most activated and deactivated players', we've added the 'most scouted players', which will tell you who the hottest players in fantasy are. Plus we've added 'Recent Trades involving this player' on player profile pages so you can see what kind of value other fantasy users are getting for the same player.

* Gameday Inactives - Is Fred Taylor going to play today? No need to sit around waiting for a fantasy writer to speculate on the situation, we'll post the gameday inactives right on your league's homepage as soon as they are announced on Sunday mornings.

we shall see if its any better. hell, i just want my scores to update in a timely manner!

Why even use CBS when you could use MFL? Most of those new additions MFL already has.

sportsline is more for people who don't use the computer alot and are pretty much rookies at fantasy ...

I have a few people in my league that aren't computer savvy and would probably prefer sportsline because of it's 'user-friendliness'....

MFL is the better product for me and you....but for the non-huddler or rookie-huddler types, sportsline is pretty much it..IMO..

sportsline is more for people who don't use the computer alot and are pretty much rookies at fantasy ...

I have a few people in my league that aren't computer savvy and would probably prefer sportsline because of it's 'user-friendliness'....

MFL is the better product for me and you....but for the non-huddler or rookie-huddler types, sportsline is pretty much it..IMO..

The thing is, once anyone uses and gets used to MFL they will never go back to Sportsline. I think it takes most people about 1 week. Of course if you have an entire league of people who won't accept change then it's hard to pull off.

So they will use all these new features but will we be able to access the league sites at 12:30 on Sundays? If the site still has problems on gameday it won't matter what upgrades they apply. If they just listened to their customers they would know this.

So they will use all these new features but will we be able to access the league sites at 12:30 on Sundays? If the site still has problems on gameday it won't matter what upgrades they apply. If they just listened to their customers they would know this.

this is the bottom line here. I play in a few leagues that still use sportsline because the other members don't want to switch. I've never had many problems getting on late, but I know plenty of people that have... an argument I use every year trying to get leaguemates to switch to MFL. Sportsline doesn't bother me nearly as much as most in these forums but I definately prefer MFL.

Go to MFL , tell them you moving your league from CBS and you'll get it for $59.95

They have an excellent support forum that responds promptly and their server never goes down like CBS's does.

With MFLGameday , it's the easy choice, imo.

Edited by theeohiostate

I'm lost on this user friendly thing. MFL is more user Friendly than CBS in my opinion. Plus their MFL Gameday is the best live scoreing program I've found.

It's all dependent on the commish. If you have a commish who is saavy enough with the setup then you can pretty much tailor your league to whatever you want and it be just as, if not more user-friendly than anything else out there.

It's all dependent on the commish. If you have a commish who is saavy enough with the setup then you can pretty much tailor your league to whatever you want and it be just as, if not more user-friendly than anything else out there.

With each passing year, the interface improvements made by MFL come closer and closer to rendering this statement untrue. Last season's change to allow different skins was a major step in the right direction. The big interface change for this year is the ability to create "tabs" without requiring the commish to be a web coder. It makes it much easier to organize the various modules into logical groups, rather than just jamming everything on one endlessly scrolling page. There is no question that those leagues which have tech savvy programming geeks available to them, can still do much cooler things, but the built in tools for the less savvy people get better each year.

Edited by smithkt

With each passing year, the interface improvements made by MFL come closer and closer to rendering this statement untrue. Last season's change to allow different skins was a major step in the right direction. The big interface change for this year is the ability to create "tabs" without requiring the commish to be a web coder. It makes it much easier to organize the various modules into logical groups, rather than just jamming everything on one endlessly scrolling page. There is no question that those leagues which have tech savvy programming geeks available to them, can still do much cooler things, but the built in tools for the less savvy people get better each year.

I haven't seen a tabbed league yet, if you don't mind I'd like to take a look.

I haven't seen a tabbed league yet, if you don't mind I'd like to take a look.

Edit: Nevermind, I have them already they just look different on my league page because the tab blends in with the background & all you see is the text. :D :D

Here's MSHB's homepage. But I do have a lot on the front page.

Edited by rajncajn

The thing is, once anyone uses and gets used to MFL they will never go back to Sportsline. I think it takes most people about 1 week. Of course if you have an entire league of people who won't accept change then it's hard to pull off.

a Cracker sighting :D how ya been?

We switched to rtsports after cbs went pay. I'll never get folks to switch to a "non-user friendly" spot.

RTSports is #2 after MFL imo and they are pretty user friendly...my old local used RTSports and when I had a league using MFL for the 1st time i didnt like it very much but now I wouldnt even go back to RTSports

I'm lost on this user friendly thing. MFL is more user Friendly than CBS in my opinion. Plus their MFL Gameday is the best live scoreing program I've found.

GAMEDAY is the Sh*t

I'm trying to get my commish to move to MFL from Sportsline this year. I can only hope. I just hope if I get him to move that the draft on MFL runs smoothly.

Fusion has been with MFL since 2002 & hasn't had any problems yet.

I'm trying to get my commish to move to MFL from Sportsline this year. I can only hope. I just hope if I get him to move that the draft on MFL runs smoothly.

If you want you can watch some of the mock drafts the huddle has and see that if there are problems with a draft on MFL it isnt due to MFL.

If you want you can watch some of the mock drafts the huddle has and see that if there are problems with a draft on MFL it isnt due to MFL.

That would be fine but I'm pretty sure that Sportsline chokes on the draft because we draft 1 1/2 weeks before the season starts. Which is when everyone else is drafting and their servers are too overloaded. I'm sure MFL's draft functions with any issues now but the question is when it is 1-2 weeks before the season and everyone is trying to draft, can their servers handle it?

Edited by blips