[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown

Ronnie Brown seems to be the RB nobody can agree on this year. The Huddle rankings have him @ 7, yet the Huddle article on rookie RBs has a comment about Brown dropping to the late 2nd early 3rd. I've seen him ranked anywhere from 7 to 20. If I remember, DMD had him at 6 last year and that didn't pan out too well. I pulled the trigger at 6 last year - now I'm sitting at 11 and guess who's staring me in the face? I know there were a lot of Dolphin fans last year that felt a big part of the problem was Mularkey's playcalling. I remember early in the year, it seemd like Mularkey wanted every game to be in the hands of Culpepper, not Brown. Will Cameron commit to Brown and the running game like he did in San Diego (of course he had LT which is far cry from Brown)? Will Trent Green keep the defenses honest? Has the O-line improved at all? More importantly, is Brown worth my 11 pick in a non keeper, no PPR league?

Thanks for the input.

blurb on brown from the espn rag ...

"he didn't break out as hoped in 2006, but neither was he the flop some make him out to be. miami's line missed too many assignments, the passing game tanked, and brown sat out 3 games, yet he still wound up scoring more fantasy points than alexander, portis and mcgahee. he's a burly runner who can give as good as he gets, and he's faster, shiftier and more versatile than the vast majority of rbs his size. fullback schlesinger helps the cause, and new coach cameron's creative playcalling will counteract some of the mediocre blocking. both schlesinger and cameron should ensure that miami no longer neglects brown in scoring territory. if he's healthy, expect him to flip the flop."

i pretty much agree with this.

oh, and ... they have him ranked 11th.

Yeah I think it's about right to have him ranked 9-13 overall. He's got the job and the carries, and there is some positive change in Miami (anything has to be better). He's also got some experience now and should be a better individual player. The only thing really stopping him from being a true stud IMO is the team he is on.

Ronnie Brown will prove doubters wrong this year. Not just saying this because I am a homer but because of all the changes occuring in Miami. Everything is changing for the better and new coaching staff should put Ronnie in a great position to put up great numbers. The O-Line should be better and Green throwing the rock should open up more running room for Brown. Green might be a hasbeen like some are saying but he sure is a hell of a lot better than a hurt Culpepper or not-so-great Harrington. Am I right or Am I Right?