[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are they obligated......

BigMikeinNY

I worked in the food service industry during my free time while in the service. I definitely would NOT have felt obligated to buy some nimrod mumble fingers a replacement drink. In fact I would have inquired if you had maybe had just a tad too much to drink to begin with and would have cut you off. For alcohol abuse if nothing else. No excuse for spilling a drink....and then you expect him to replace it?

Of course my wife was a Food and Beverage Manager in charge of all kinds of clubs and resuraunts.... she would, of course, have replaced the drink. *sigh*

If you look up "nimrod", it means 'mighty hunter.' My brother informed me of this, correctly, after years of me calling him a nimrod.

wow. The things I type and chicken out on posting.

I've read most of yer posts over the last year or so (and held my tongue) and you are rivaling only Irish in lameness....

Nooooooooo Bingoooooooo!

Edited by loaf

If you look up "nimrod", it means 'mighty hunter.' My brother informed me of this, correctly, after years of me calling him a nimrod.

Sorry.... make it numbnuts mumble fingers.... instead.

Or you could just use definition #3 stated here:

http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bin/dict...p;x=14&y=13

:D

I agree with H8Tank (someone hit me) - obligated is probably the wrong word, but I would certainly expect a free repacement drink (for which I would tip extra), and if I didn't get one it would be the last time I'd eat there. I think it's just a basic of decent service.

So ruling out you were drunk, or it was the 3rd time you knocked one over.....

They should of replaced it. Any decent restaurant that cares anything about it's Customer Service reputation would of. Either your waiter didn't have a clue (20-30% tip my a$$) or the restaurant isn't worth going back too.

if it were my restaurant, i would replace it. though i am not obligated to do so.

+1

It's a pretty cheap way to leave a customer with a good impression.

Of course, I guess enough places do it that it has become almost expected, which is rather unfortunate. Because, it is, in fact, a "gift" from the restaurant.

I am often frustrated with the fact that many customers tend to leave their brains at the door when they enter a restaurant and expect to be coddled like little children. Basically anything that goes wrong regardless of who's fault it is, needs to be fixed by me or the customer is pissed and they're telling their friends. Every now and then somebody else at the table is cool and gutsy enough to tell the dude who's pitch a fit over something lame to chill out because it's his own fault, but not usually.

Not saying that this is the case here but as a consumer and a restaurant owner I rarely get the level of service from anyone I give my money to that the dining public expects from restaurants. People get this attitude, "We don't get out very often so it had better be the best $70 I ever spent."

Of course, I don't go to the doctor very often, but I'd better expect not to get seen until at least 45 minutes after my "reservation". 45 minutes late at my restaurant and I'm buying drinks, apps and still having some jerk off (who's likely the same freaking doctor who kept me waiting) tell me this is no way to run a business.

I worked in the food service industry during my free time while in the service. I definitely would NOT have felt obligated to buy some nimrod mumble fingers a replacement drink. In fact I would have inquired if you had maybe had just a tad too much to drink to begin with and would have cut you off. For alcohol abuse if nothing else. No excuse for spilling a drink....and then you expect him to replace it?

Of course my wife was a Food and Beverage Manager in charge of all kinds of clubs and resuraunts.... she would, of course, have replaced the drink. *sigh*

I wish I could have met her, my friend, but for more reasons than that.

well..................

After about 15 minutes of wondering if another drink would come, our waiter in fact DID bring me another drink on the house and told me "be careful with this one".........

Both my wife and I thought it was a very kind thing to do, and we would not have been an ounce mad if they didn't. I added 5 bucks to his tip at the end of the meal

BigMike

being a bartender, I would replace the drink without question, simply because it's easier than having to debate who's "fault" it was. Nor would my management want me to debate this. Just replace the drink, the guest is happy and everyone moves on with their night...

if the spiller is with friends, I have been known to bring the replacement drink in a kid's cup with a lid to get a laugh

if the spiller is with friends, I have been known to bring the replacement drink in a kid's cup with a lid to get a laugh

I will sometimes replace a broken beer glass with a plastic cup.

(Of course for fun, I'll let him/her think about it for a few minutes and then give them a real glass)

well..................

After about 15 minutes of wondering if another drink would come, our waiter in fact DID bring me another drink on the house and told me "be careful with this one".........

lol--handled perfectly (although the wait was a little long)

Edited by wiegie

This goes a long way to explaining your comments about how you would hunt deer with nothing but a loincloth, and hunting knife.... That said, I believe from the horrified look in their eyes, the two “gentlemen” next to you at the bar jumped WAY past nimrod in their evaluation of “Loincloth Teve” – the knife wielding deer hunter.

I do hope you have shared this story with your loved one’s – otherwise, this might be awkward.