[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly do baseball lines work? Bet 100 on KC to win 125 and 125 on NY to win 100? My whole life, I have never asked this question....

If a stud pitcher is pitching against a weaker team the odds may be hugh to bet the favorite. Say the Twins were starting Johan Santana against Chief Dicks Royals you may have to lay 180-200 to win back 100 to bet Johan..The office I go through offers 1.5 lines as well..Using the example above I could bet Johan but I would lay 1.5 runs and the odds come down to -115 or -120..

Edited by whomper

Very impressive run ...blue jays , devil rays , ( all at home ) royals ,oriolles on road and now wsox at home

Not exactly murders row of competition ..but they are beating who is in front of them now ..I still say they aint making it into playoffs and will stumble again when competition picks up

Very impressive run ...blue jays , devil rays , ( all at home ) royals ,oriolles on road and now wsox at home

Not exactly murders row of competition ..but they are beating who is in front of them now ..I still say they aint making it into playoffs and will stumble again when competition picks up

They may not catch the Redsox as the the Sox actually have an easier schedule than the Yanks. But the Yanks are playoff bound and no one can stop them. We will be at least the WC. And the Sox will go down in the playoffs.

They may not catch the Redsox as the the Sox actually have an easier schedule than the Yanks. But the Yanks are playoff bound and no one can stop them. We will be at least the WC. And the Sox will go down in the playoffs.

And this will come back to bite you in the ass.

They are behind Detroit and Seattle for the wildcard currently.

6 behind Boston, .5 out of the WC.

Still RIP?????

I say yes ...

4 games vs tb , 6 games vs kc , 3 games vs balt , 6 games including these with toronto and 3 vs w sox ..that's who yanks have played since all star break

Look up the combined record of those teams and its real clear they are a product of their schedule right now

Its gonna change real soon when they play real teams ...mussina and clemens and even hughes ( based on his last game ) are not good enough or consistent enough to beat the competition they will be facing real soon

They will stumble once again

I say yes ...

4 games vs tb , 6 games vs kc , 3 games vs balt , 6 games including these with toronto and 3 vs w sox ..that's who yanks have played since all star break

Look up the combined record of those teams and its real clear they are a product of their schedule right now

Its gonna change real soon when they play real teams ...mussina and clemens and even hughes ( based on his last game ) are not good enough or consistent enough to beat the competition they will be facing real soon

They are not going to continue scoring 8+ runs a game. When they stop they will go on a losing streak. The pitching is not good enough to carry a power outage.

6 behind Boston, .5 out of the WC.

Still RIP?????

:D They're coming just like you all knew they would!! :D

I say yes ...

As I've already stated we may not catch Boston (may not) but we'll be the WC.

They are not going to continue scoring 8+ runs a game. When they stop they will go on a losing streak. The pitching is not good enough to carry a power outage.

Time will tell.

Wild card has detroit , cleveland ( one of them will win division likely and other will be in wc race ) , seattle and now even minnesota all vying for one wc spot along with yanks ...yanks will not get in ..pitching wins and yanks do not have enough of it

But to the yankee fans , there is nothing wrong with feeling good about their chances as long as you remember the cream puff schedule they just had over past 20 something games ..it will be back to reality soon imho

Wild card has detroit , cleveland ( one of them will win division likely and other will be in wc race ) , seattle and now even minnesota all vying for one wc spot along with yanks ...yanks will not get in ..pitching wins and yanks do not have enough of it

MIN, SEA, and CLE aren't exactly loaded top-to-bottom with top-notch starting pitching, either. Hell, even DET has taken a significant step back from last year.

I'd say that the Yankees have as good a chance as any of those four of winning the WC.

I say yes ...

Agreed, the schedule has been soft. But they are doing what they should do...beat the bad teams.

Now, don't you think, for a second, that going into the rough patch of the schedule starting this weekend having won, 20, 21, or 22 of 29 won't be a huge boost in confidence for this team? That it may translate into a few extra wins against Cleveland (3 games), Detroit (4), Angels (3), Detroit (4) and Boston (3)? All these series are in a row, save for a 3-gamer with Baltimore after the Cleveland series.

Come on...if you think this team is nothing more a product of their schedule, you are wrong.

Agreed, the schedule has been soft. But they are doing what they should do...beat the bad teams.

Now, don't you think, for a second, that going into the rough patch of the schedule starting this weekend having won, 20, 21, or 22 of 29 won't be a huge boost in confidence for this team? That it may translate into a few extra wins against Cleveland (3 games), Detroit (4), Angels (3), Detroit (4) and Boston (3)? All these series are in a row, save for a 3-gamer with Baltimore after the Cleveland series.

Come on...if you think this team is nothing more a product of their schedule, you are wrong.

They better be a great team at 208 million payroll ...but this stretch of playing patsies has certainly helptheir confidence and win column

and i believe it wont continue

lets see what happens