[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

Numbnuts? I'll have you banned if you speak up again fektard.

Saddam?

Respect your elders sonny :D , Plus the beard is gone it was a post Katrina thing that you wouldn't understand. In fact you probably wouldn't even recognize me now.

Edited by SLAYER

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the offensive side I think it's unquestioned. The pitching is where I'd disagree. However, so far the Gagne pickup is blowing up in Boston's face. But top to bottom, I'd take the Sox rotation and bullpen over the Yanks, especially if Gagne gets his head screwed on correctly.

I can't believe what a Yankee hater I sound like in this thread. . .I'm actually a lifelong fan from Brooklyn!

Oh, and never bet with me. . .I can't be trusted.

:D

Gagne been a piece of shiat for two years now when he is healthy. you get what you pay for. he could never do 8th inning work, plus they had one of the best with okajima(sp) then they ruined him by making him a 7th inning guy. pitching him for a third of an inning then putting Gagne in. Yankees will even win the division. :D

At 71-47, I'm a pretty happy Sox fan. :D

My blind fandom does not have a rearview mirror. As far as I can see, we are peerless in the majors. Everyone else is tied for 2nd place to me.

That was funny during MNF tonight with the "Yankees closer to Red Sox" headline. We traded for Rivera??? Oh, right. "closer" as in "nearer", not the one who closes out games.

At 71-47, I'm a pretty happy Sox fan. :D

My blind fandom does not have a rearview mirror. As far as I can see, we are peerless in the majors. Everyone else is tied for 2nd place to me.

That was funny during MNF tonight with the "Yankees closer to Red Sox" headline. We traded for Rivera??? Oh, right. "closer" as in "nearer", not the one who closes out games.

Take those blinders off Atomic...truly "peerless" teams don't blow 10 1/2 games of a 14 1/2 game lead. This is going to be an interesting seven weeks; I'm enjoying the hell out of it and feel that the energy -- and performance -- of the "Baby Bombers" have completely re-energized this team. If we don't catch the Sox in the East, we sure will be the WC team.

You really want to play us in the ALCS? I don't think there is a team in MLB right now that wants to play the Yankees...

Edited by The Wolf

You really want to play us in the ALCS? I don't think there is a team in MLB right now that wants to play the Yankees...

I'm ok with playing the Yankees. They're no better than the other contenders. We're actually in better shape to play them in the playoffs than anyone else... we know those guys.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I would worry ...now you are playing real teams ( detroit last night ) and 14 more big games ...great streak highlighted by sweep of tribe in cleveland last week but streaks do end ...I admit I did not expect yanks to make it this close but close is not good enough for division wins or playoff appearances ..have to finish the job and I still say as I have been saying since may , that they yanks won't

Their team batting average is up to .293. Has any team in modern history flirted with .300 before?

The 1927 Yankees hit .307. That's not really modern era but gives you some perspective as to how nasty this lineup is. Does Jeter ever not get 2 hits in a game?

There have been at least a half-dozen teams in the past 15 years that have flirted with .300, but none have actually gotten it. The Indians had a stretch in the mid-90's where they were at or above .290 three-years in a row. Right now the Yanks are at .291. Other teams at or above .291 over the past 15 years include the Rangers, Red Sox, Indians and Rockies. The Yanks did hit .290 in 1994.

And in regards to the 1927 Yankees average. It wasn't even close to the best team average of their era, in fact, it's not even the best team average in the city during that time. Check out the 1930 NY Giants (.319).

:D

I would worry ...now you are playing real teams ( detroit last night ) and 14 more big games ...great streak highlighted by sweep of tribe in cleveland last week but streaks do end ...I admit I did not expect yanks to make it this close but close is not good enough for division wins or playoff appearances ..have to finish the job and I still say as I have been saying since may , that they yanks won't

Nnnnnope...still not worried. We're closing like a freight train.....

Like everyone else, I'm absolutely on the edge of my seat at the prospect of the Red Sox and Yankees making the playoffs......yet again. :D

Oh yeah, Seattle vs. Cleveland is just steeped in bitter rivalry and hatred. I'd LOVE to see that!

As we mentioned in this thread before.Musisna comes up small whenever they need him..He pretty much sucks now and can only beat the Royals..Hes a marginal starter at best..He is actually one of my favorite pitchers of all time going back to his days on the Os but he is washed up now..

Quite a showing by the Yanks tonight. :D

How is that pitching staff working out? :D

If they did not have ARod they would be sub .500. He has carried them on his back all season. A little different when NY is playing a top team and Boston gets to kick around the JV. Like I said earlier by the time Boston leaves New York all Yankee fans will crawl back and watch another painful season of the Jets.

Edited by Sleeping King

He was actually one of my favorite pitchers of all time going back to his days on the Os but he is washed up now..

Yeah, he was shut down good in the mid-late 90's. I remember in the 96 and 97 playoffs he was near unhittable.

Edited by justin

If they did not have ARod they would be sub .500. He has carried them on his back all season. A little different when NY is playing a top team and Boston gets to kick around the JV. Like I said earlier by the time Boston leaves New York all Yankee fans will crawl back and watch another painful season of the Jets.

Haven't lost hope. We're still in control of our own destiny. We still play Seattle and Boston. Both teams we can beat. If we take care of business we'll be there.

If, if, if... it's always great to debate in if's! If the Yankee's didn't suffer all the early season injuries, especially to their pitchers... if... if ... if! It's a long season and IF anything we have made a nice run!