[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make that 2 now!! :D:D:wacko:

And now the Yanks are tied for the WC. See you Boston in the playoffs. Better hope the Angels finish us off cause it will be trouble. :wacko:

Edited by irish

<a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/news/SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!ing_yankees_reports_nation" target="_blank">http://www.theonion.com/content/news/SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!i..._reports_nation</a>

:D

That was a good game tonight. It was less good when I drunkenly realized that that was the ninth inning and that Papi on deck was not coming to bat again. Whoops. Props to Damon... the kid has got hustle. I've always liked him.

EDIT: Hmmm... just realized that link isn't going to work unless you replace "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!" with a four letter word that rhymes with "Kruk" in the address bar.

Edited by AtomicCEO

That "sorry ass" pitching staff just Took Care of Business for the third day in a row. :D

Oh....... I remember it's late Aug/Sep time for Red Sux meltdown anyway! :D

The more I look at Boston, the more I think they may not go very far in the playoffs. Hinske? Drew? Crisp? If Ortiz and Manny aren't hitting, this team has no chance to score runs. I know it's pitching that wins in October, and the Sox look formidable there, but you still have to hit; the other teams will have solid pitching as well.

Where's Sleeping King? He's been awfully quiet...

Yanks are better than the Sox. The Red Sox do not have the hitting or speed to make it very far. Yankees pitching is suspect, but the offense will prevail. Write it down.

No question who the better team was for "3 games". Somehow they mustered up some pitching and managed to get a lot of weak hits go their way. JD Drew is dreadful. I would rather see Ellsbury up then watch him not have a clue every at bat. It was a really bad series but what is important now is getting Manny healthy. The Sox only play 3 games with a playoff contender (NY@BOS) for the rest of the season. NY and Seattle are about to have a war but I will still put my money on the Tigers figuring out their problems and taking the wild card.

Edited by Sleeping King

No question who the better team was for "3 games". Somehow they mustered up some pitching and managed to get a lot of weak hits go their way. JD Drew is dreadful. I would rather see Ellsbury up then watch him not have a clue every at bat. It was a really bad series but what is important now is getting Manny healthy. The Sox only play 3 games with a playoff contender (NY@BOS) for the rest of the season. NY and Seattle are about to have a war but I will still put my money on the Tigers figuring out their problems and taking the wild card.

Blah,blah blahblah

kicked ass three games in a row, leading the wild card, and watching da sox choke.

That "sorry ass" pitching staff just Took Care of Business for the third day in a row. :wacko:

Oh....... I remember it's late Aug/Sep time for Red Sux meltdown anyway! :D

The Yanks are the far superior team over the Sox and we showed it by whoopin' their asses!! Bring on the Playoffs and another WS.

The more I look at Boston, the more I think they may not go very far in the playoffs. Hinske? Drew? Crisp? If Ortiz and Manny aren't hitting, this team has no chance to score runs. I know it's pitching that wins in October, and the Sox look formidable there, but you still have to hit; the other teams will have solid pitching as well.

Where's Sleeping King? He's been awfully quiet...

Takng the beaten that his team just took from the better team will do that. Not 1, or 2 but 3 games in a row. Break out the brooms!!! :D

Yanks are better than the Sox. The Red Sox do not have the hitting or speed to make it very far. Yankees pitching is suspect, but the offense will prevail. Write it down.

We own the Sox!!

The Yanks are the better team period. Boston may be in the playoffs but they ain't goin' anywhere. The Yanks will definitely make the playoffs, it's just a question now if it will be as the WC or as the AL East Champions. The Sox are falling apart AGAIIN!!!

They'd better do it quickly. There's a ton of injured players or playing with an injured psyche.

I love all they Yankee fans coming out of the woodwork now. You do realize they are still 5 games back and that Boston has the best record in baseball right?

I know you're not refering to me with that line there, so I won't reply to that. Very true Boston has the best record in baseball but they are not the best team. They just played the best team and the Yankees showed why. I'm not worried about being 5 games back, even though we still might catch Boston (and that would be the ultimate collapse of all-time) all we need to do is just get into the post season. Take my word on this like in past years when we didn't want to see you guys...The Redsox want NO part of the Yankess, especially in the playoffs!

I think you people who don't think Manny and Ortiz will bring bats to the playoffs are being a little naive.

No excuses, we got swept... but we still have a damn good team.

Manny hasn't brought his bat all season, why would he do it in the playoffs. plus we all know how Manny being Manny drags these injuries out he may miss two weeks with this.

I love all they Yankee fans coming out of the woodwork now. You do realize they are still 5 games back and that Boston has the best record in baseball right?

This might be the funniest thing I ever read on this site. Coming from a Boston fan, that is. I never, ever saw anyone wearing a Red Sox cap unless it was at the Stadium and the two teams were playing. Now, since 2004, they are all over the place.

Woodwork? I am sure you have your die-hards (and you may be one of them, King) but most of your "fans" are nothing but termites who jumped on board the band wagon at a time when it was hip to be an "Idiot." I bet the most of them don't even know what the "Pesky Pole" is or who Tony Conigliaro is.

Edited by The Wolf

Munson was my favorite Yankee because of my grandfather, I only have one thing to say........" I just want into the dance(Playoff's) I'll steal their(Sox) date when i get there!" Been a tough season but it's not over! Check the date of original post..........I love baseball without the Yanks and Sox? what would the east coast have? The Phillies and Mets :D:D I'll be there until the end..I'm a homer....Giants,Knicks,Don't watch hockey but I would support the rangers or islanders in the playoffs.......Typical homer I guess?

This might be the funniest thing I ever read on this site. Coming from a Boston fan, that is. I never, ever saw anyone wearing a Red Sox cap unless it was at the Stadium and the two teams were playing. Now, since 2004, they are all over the place.

Woodwork? I am sure you have your die-hards (and you may be one of them, King) but most of your "fans" are nothing but termites who jumped on board the band wagon at a time when it was hip to be an "Idiot." I bet the most of them don't even know what the "Pesky Pole" is or who Tony Conigliaro is.

You have to be kidding, making fun of Sox fans for being bandwagoners? You know that in just about every stadium other than Fenway that the Yankees play in there are more Yankee fans there than the home team. I guess these are all lifelong Yankee fans. The only other team that does this is the Cubs and that is due to people growing up with WGN. I'm sure a lot of you are Yankee lifers and that rocks because true Yankee fans like true Sox fans are probably the most intuned fans in baseball. Admit it, between the Yankee and Cowboy fans I'm shocked they have not broke all the wheels off the wagon.

You have to be kidding, making fun of Sox fans for being bandwagoners? You know that in just about every stadium other than Fenway that the Yankees play in there are more Yankee fans there than the home team. I guess these are all lifelong Yankee fans. The only other team that does this is the Cubs and that is due to people growing up with WGN. I'm sure a lot of you are Yankee lifers and that rocks because true Yankee fans like true Sox fans are probably the most intuned fans in baseball. Admit it, between the Yankee and Cowboy fans I'm shocked they have not broke all the wheels off the wagon.

I will agree with you...we have our share of band wagoners as well, no doubt. I don't mean all Sox fans are band wagoners...many are life long, live and breathe, die hard fans.

In all actuality, as much as I love the rivalry and dislike the Sox, I really think that Yankee and Red Sox fans are "closer" than any other fans of any other team...we understand each other and our passion and knowledge of the game is to be respected even though we are on opposite ends of the rivalry.

Thoughts?

Manny hasn't brought his bat all season, why would he do it in the playoffs. plus we all know how Manny being Manny drags these injuries out he may miss two weeks with this.

Aren't you the guy who tried to trade Manny to me in HOTD? :D

I seem to recall responding by saying almost exactly what you posted right there. Something about Manny's lazy fat ass, IIRC :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

That is absolute bat crap. I've been around the country since 1999... and I notice B Caps, because I almost always give them a "Yeah, Sox!"

They've always been out there. Don't make up stuff just because your team is losing. That's poor play, Yankee fan.

What no "sweat check"? :D

Cool and dry. Except my nuts. Those always itch.

I seem to recall responding by saying almost exactly what you posted right there. Something about Manny's lazy fat ass, IIRC :D

By the way, there is no denying Manny's big lazy fat ass. But the fact that he never ever ever looks like he gives a crap is part of his charm.

I will agree with you...we have our share of band wagoners as well, no doubt. I don't mean all Sox fans are band wagoners...many are life long, live and breathe, die hard fans.

In all actuality, as much as I love the rivalry and dislike the Sox, I really think that Yankee and Red Sox fans are "closer" than any other fans of any other team...we understand each other and our passion and knowledge of the game is to be respected even though we are on opposite ends of the rivalry.

Thoughts?

I am an Orioles fan but was born and raised in NJ. My brother brainwashed me as a kid..As much as I dislike the Yanks I want them to make the playoffs because this area gets pumped up and Sox/ Yankees is hands down one of the top rivalries in sports..Its awesome to watch..especially when you work in NY..I klnow if the Yanks do make it there is no guarentee they get to the Sox but when it happens its fantastic sports to kick back and enjoy without a real rooting interest

Edited by whomper