[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man Charged with Murder

spain

For Protecting his own property

Homeowner Charged For Killing Car Rims Thief

Dennis Edwards

Reporting

(WJZ) BALTIMORE A Baltimore man has been formally charged for shooting and killing a man for removing tire rims and attempting to steal them.

Forty-seven-year-old Charles Brockington has been formally charged with second degree murder and use of a handgun in a crime of violence.

A Court Commissioner held Brockington without bail.

Just before 5:30 a.m. Friday, while getting ready for work, Brockington heard something outside.

Charging documents allege that he killed 29-year-old Joseph Milton Johnson, Jr., when Brockington spotted Johnson removing tires from Brockington's 2006 Mercedes parked in front of his home.

The documents further allege that in a ruse to return the tires and distract Brockington, Johnson returned to his car and drove away.

While driving away, Johnson was struck in the left shoulder area by a 9MM gun fired by Brockington.

"But assuming he was just stealing his wheels, I don't care if they're worth a billion dollars, under our law, the least valuable human being is worth more than the most valuable property," said law professor Byron Warnken.

A relative or friend of the family hurriedly told Eyewitness News as she left Brockington's home. "He's wonderful. He's a fine person, hardworking, takes care of his family."

The second degree murder charge caught neighbors by surprise almost as much as the shooting did.

Brockington was immediately taken into custody and is currently being held at Central Booking and will have court scheduled bail review on Monday, July 2.

Edited by spain

:D

I agree spain! The thug got what he desrved. If busted he would have been out in a couple days max steeling someone else's property. The rims and tires are worth more than that thug IMO. I'd have shot his ass too.

"... I don't care if they're worth a billion dollars, under our law, the least valuable human being is worth more than the most valuable property," said law professor Byron Warnken.
If true, taken to its logical end, the implications of this statement are staggering. (e.g. everyone in the US had better say goodbye to pretty much all of their property as it must be used to save starving kids in Africa.)

If true, taken to its logical end, the implications of this statement are staggering. (e.g. everyone in the US had better say goodbye to pretty much all of their property as it must be used to save starving kids in Africa.)

Prof Warnken (whose name is an anagram of Wannker, appropriately enough) might sing a different tune if I show up and waltz away with his 42" plasma.

Good. The guy was leaving (without the rims, I assume? the article wasn't clear) and the shooter's life was not in danger in any way. Put him away.

Wow! That is the exact same thing the liberals said when Bernard Goetz blasted those 5 muggers on the subway. That was when I decided that I could never be a liberal becauase they saw robbers as victims when folks had the temerity to defend themselves and their property.

The other morning my bastard neighbor woke up extra early to snag my newspaper.

I was so pissed.

I promptly charged outside and shot him. When his children rushed over to see what had happened, I shot them too.

I did the right thing, right?

Wow! That is the exact same thing the liberals said when Bernard Goetz blasted those 5 muggers on the subway. That was when I decided that I could never be a liberal becauase they saw robbers as victims when folks had the temerity to defend themselves and their property.

Different situation. When you're down 5 on 1 in an enclosed area, you can definitely feel your life is in danger. 1 guy - who's trying to leave without your property - is not putting your life in danger.

The other morning my bastard neighbor woke up extra early to snag my newspaper.

I was so pissed.

I promptly charged outside and shot him. When his children rushed over to see what had happened, I shot them too.

I did the right thing, right?

That depends. Were the kids accomplises to the crime or just innocent bystanders?

Wait, I thought you libs were against the death penalty?

Capital punishment is state sponsored murder of its citizens. Defense of property and self defense are God given rights to do harm to those who would harm you and yours.

Different situation. When you're down 5 on 1 in an enclosed area, you can definitely feel your life is in danger. 1 guy - who's trying to leave without your property - is not putting your life in danger.

In my case, I'd be pretty paranoid that the dude might come back one day and try again. Maybe even get INTO the house as I was sleeping. By shooting his ass, problem solved. In your case, you might just leave the front door unlocked and maybe even invite him in for tea. And on his way out, just throw him the keys to the car.

Big difference between a neighbor stealing your newspaper and a thug ripping you off. I have been a victim before and they did come back to see what else they could snag. It makes one very uneasy to say the least.

Goetz walked up to one of the kids he had shot and said "You don't look too bad, here's another", before shooting at him again.

Goetz walked up to one of the kids he had shot and said "You don't look too bad, here's another", before shooting at him again.

:D Shoulda kicked him too and then spit on his sorry a$$!

The interesting part of the Goetz story is that it reduced crime on the subway to next to zero for a while at least. And I wouldn't characterize a group of five muggers as "kids".

The interesting part of the Goetz story is that it reduced crime on the subway to next to zero for a while at least. And I wouldn't characterize a group of five muggers as "kids".

19? :D