[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Hargrove

bushwacked

There has to be more to the story...right?

I don't think they are telling the whole story. I think the most popular conspiracy theory will be that Maclarene (who is taking over....not as interim manger...but manager) may have been making more of the managerial decisions of late. Hargrove has been criticized in the past, and earlier this season, for being too conservative and not using his bench enough. Recently, Hargrove had pulled somewhat of a 180....playing a lot of guys on his bench, being more agressive, and playing small ball (they won a game last week on a sucide squeeze). This reeked of Maclarene's style who is kind of known as a Piniella protoge.

It's possible that Hargrove conceded that he wasn't the best guy in the clubhouse to lead the team, and decided to say screw it, instead of keeping up the facade of being the man in charge.

He's 57, got enough money and he doesn't like his job any more. I don't see anything wrong with bailing out.

He specifcally mentioned how much he was enjoying the success of the season thus far after struggling the last 2. His whole premise for resigning was how it was difficult for him to get 100% motivated to give it his best, then latter on in the press conference he flatly denied that he lost the fire to manage. :D

He specifcally mentioned how much he was enjoying the success of the season thus far after struggling the last 2. His whole premise for resigning was how it was difficult for him to get 100% motivated to give it his best, then latter on in the press conference he flatly denied that he lost the fire to manage. :D

Those two statements certainly seem at odds with each other. I know I only go to work to pay the bills - if I had enough cash I'd be outta there in a NY minute. I don't see any difference for someone involved in sports. Fans like us automatically think the people in sports must enjoy it but I bet there's a lot that hate their job.

People, and their ability to comprehend what is being said, never fails to amaze me.

Hargrove has not lost the passion he has for the game of baseball. He still has a great love for the game.

The problem that he has, and that he cannot accept, is that he now has a problem getting to the 100% he expects of himself "to get into the game and manage". He is worried that he will cost the team wins by not being completely into the game being played because of his inability to maintain the 100% focus required.

One has nothing to do with the other.

====================================================================

===================

Think that he is being pretty up front about his reasons for leaving. If you have problems getting up for the game....you need to let someone else that can have the job. Though I wouldn't be surprised if down the line we find he has a health problem...or his wife does.