Sign in to follow this  
whomper

New format screen is too wide

How do I change the settings so I dont have to scroll left to right to view a full screen ? I used to be able to view the whole page without moving. TIA

The width of the forums are not user controlled. You will need to widen the width of your Internet browser. The reason the forums are behaving different now is that they have been redesigned to match the fixed width of the main site. They are no longer variable in width.

The width of the forums are not user controlled. You will need to widen the width of your Internet browser. The reason the forums are behaving different now is that they have been redesigned to match the fixed width of the main site. They are no longer variable in width.

Can one of you computer savvy huddlers explain how I do that please ? Thanks

Time for a 23 inch monitor whomp ...I would have added a smile graemlin but lost that possibility / option from my blackberry

Time for a 23 inch monitor whomp ...I would have added a smile graemlin but lost that possibility / option from my blackberry

Or you could have added my fabled :zinger: graemlin

Right click your desktop

Select Properties

Select the Settings tab

Use the slider under Screen Resolution and pick at least 1024x768 (more is better)

Understand, that when you do this everything on your screen will look smaller (text, icons, etc) Those are also adjustable, but require a lot more tweaking.

If you need more info PM me.

Edit for:

The above assumes that your browser fills your screen width to start with. If it's not, try that first.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Right click your desktop

Select Properties

Select the Settings tab

Use the slider under Screen Resolution and pick at least 1024x768 (more is better)

Understand, that when you do this everything on your screen will look smaller (text, icons, etc) Those are also adjustable, but require a lot more tweaking.

If you need more info PM me.

Edit for:

The above assumes that your browser fills your screen width to start with. If it's not, try that first.

Done..Thanks RR..Lettering is a little small but it beats scrolling left to right..Just think..Our parents and grandparents walked to school barefoot uphill both ways and I am bitching about scrolling left to right :D

Thanks for asking Whomper.

Fair trade off at work. It works when I'm at the Huddle now. :D

I am having the same problem. I went into properties but I do not have a "slider bar" to adjust anything. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I went into properties but I do not have a "slider bar" to adjust anything. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Get rid of your Commodore 64 and buy a new PC.

Get rid of your Commodore 64 and buy a new PC.

This is the computer belonging to my workplace. It is a Compaq Deskpro. I am sure it has some age on it. :D