[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank the potential/value of these RBs

In the middle of my new keeper league draft now, and my 9th round pick is around the corner. I would like to add some RB depth (RBs have flown off the shelves), but am a little unsure of which one/s to go for as the only ones remaining are a hodge-podge mix of rookies and backups. Please rank these RBs, taking into consideration their potential production this year, as well keeper value 1-2 years ahead. Feel free to also add your opinions/analysis.

1) Kenny Irons (CIN) - Competing with injury-prone Chris Perry to be Rudi's backup. Even if he wins, Rudi does get 80-85% of the carries anyway.

2) Anthony Thomas (Buf) - Lost a step in recent years, but is he there to step in if Marshawn falters, or is he just there to mentor?

3) Chris Brown (Ten) - Turf toe. 3-headed RB monster. Iffy offense. Will he be given the first shot to produce?

4) Tony Hunt (Phi) - Heard he could be an effective 3rd-down back. Or will that be Buckhalter?

5) DeDe Dorsey (Ind) - Backing up Addai, how many opportunities will he get?

6) Sammy Morris (NE) - Maroney is somewhat injury-prone...

7) Brian Leonard (StL) - With SJax wanting to gain 5000 yards, this guy's probably just a handcuff, right?

8) Michael Robinson (SF) - Showed flashes of promise when Gore took a breather last year. Another handcuff?

9) Garrett Wolfe (Chi) - Tiny, tiny, tiny is all I've been reading about this guy. Will the Bears try to limit Benson's load by using the Wolfe?

10) Lorenzo Booker (Mia) - Again, how many opportunities will this guy get behind a young, established #1 RB?

11) Michael Pittman (TB) - Even if Caddy goes down, will probably not be the feature back.

12) Marcel Shipp (Ari) - Will ge be given carries to keep Edge fresh? Goal-line back?

In the middle of my new keeper league draft now, and my 9th round pick is around the corner. I would like to add some RB depth (RBs have flown off the shelves), but am a little unsure of which one/s to go for as the only ones remaining are a hodge-podge mix of rookies and backups. Please rank these RBs, taking into consideration their potential production this year, as well keeper value 1-2 years ahead. Feel free to also add your opinions/analysis.

1) Kenny Irons (CIN) - Competing with injury-prone Chris Perry to be Rudi's backup. Even if he wins, Rudi does get 80-85% of the carries anyway.

2) Anthony Thomas (Buf) - Lost a step in recent years, but is he there to step in if Marshawn falters, or is he just there to mentor?

3) Chris Brown (Ten) - Turf toe. 3-headed RB monster. Iffy offense. Will he be given the first shot to produce?

4) Tony Hunt (Phi) - Heard he could be an effective 3rd-down back. Or will that be Buckhalter?

5) DeDe Dorsey (Ind) - Backing up Addai, how many opportunities will he get?

6) Sammy Morris (NE) - Maroney is somewhat injury-prone...

7) Brian Leonard (StL) - With SJax wanting to gain 5000 yards, this guy's probably just a handcuff, right?

8) Michael Robinson (SF) - Showed flashes of promise when Gore took a breather last year. Another handcuff?

9) Garrett Wolfe (Chi) - Tiny, tiny, tiny is all I've been reading about this guy. Will the Bears try to limit Benson's load by using the Wolfe?

10) Lorenzo Booker (Mia) - Again, how many opportunities will this guy get behind a young, established #1 RB?

11) Michael Pittman (TB) - Even if Caddy goes down, will probably not be the feature back.

12) Marcel Shipp (Ari) - Will ge be given carries to keep Edge fresh? Goal-line back?

Irons is a guy I might grab as a future prospect but the rest of that list is aweful. C Brown for this season if his failed attempt at hawking his wares has opened his eyes any?

I would look to handcuff given these options. That or just pick BPA

1) Kenny Irons (CIN) - Rudi will be the man for this year & next. After that, he'll get a chance to compete for the #1 RB spot. Personally, I like him, but he'll be very limited for 2 years. CIN has obviously run out of patience with Perry. Definitely a handcuff to the Rudi owner.

2) Anthony Thomas (Buf) - Jauron loves the guy, but doesn't know how to use him. Lynch gets first shot at the #1 spot, and don't be too surprised if Wright is in the hunt for the featured RB spot or getting carries either. I'd look elsewhere.

3) Chris Brown (Ten) - Signed back with TEN after huge pissing contest with them. There's only one reason he's back on the roster - TEN has little to no regard for Henry and is very concerned about White. Brown very well be the #1 RB this season, either at the beginning or sometime in the middle. White has serious attitude issues on top of his one-dimensional skill set.

4) Tony Hunt (Phi) - Like this guy a lot behind Westbrook. he ought to get some goal line work, and he's got a diverse skill set despite his size. If Westy goes down, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Hunt step up. Has short yardage/vulture capability and may be used to spell Westy - so some value is there.

5) DeDe Dorsey (Ind) - He's about all that IND has on the roster behind Addai, which amazes me for a SB champion. He's nothing better than a CoP RB, and if Addai goes down or can't handle a full load they're in BIG trouble. Only value is as a handcuff.

6) Sammy Morris (NE) - Ugh. Career journeyman who has very limited capability even if Maroney were to get hurt or struggle carrying the full load or doesn't recover from current injuries well. NE put themselves in the same spot IND is in - if their top RB goes down, they're in BIG trouble. Only value is as a handcuff.

7) Brian Leonard (StL) - Love this guy, but did he ever land on the wrong team. Still, Linehan is going to try to give Jackson some rest - which may actually help him, and Leonard is the perfect guy to step in. He can do everything on the field that a RB is supposed to, and he's selfless. Hopefully he won't cave into being a full time FB, which is a serious possibility. Still, his value lies in handcuffing to Jackson.

8) Michael Robinson (SF) - Journeyman's talent. He' could have stepped in and made drafting Gore unnecessary, but didn't have the ability. Only value is as a handcuff.

9) Garrett Wolfe (Chi) - Little midwestern small school RBs have racked up huge stats before & busted badly in the NFL. Wolfe is just the next edition about to do so. This guy makes CBs look huge. Peterson is the handcuff to Benson.

10) Lorenzo Booker (Mia) - Legit CoP RB and definitive handcuff for the Brown owner. He ought to get work to spell Brown, and he'll probably get 3rd down duty also. Not a bad guy to have on the end of the roster, even without Brown.

11) Michael Pittman (TB) - I'm thoroughly disgusted by Caddy, but for some reason Gruden just won't consider Pittman for the #1 RB spot. First he sits behind Jones, then Williams. I would have loved to see what he would have done with the featured job in TB if given a legit shot at it. Definitely the required handcuff for the Williams' owner, and has some value beyond that - he'll get some touches every game.

12) Marcel Shipp (Ari) - The guy has done some amazing stuff behind a really crappy AZ O-line before, and Edge ain't getting any younger or fresher. Definite handcuff for the Edge owner, and with the new coaching regime hopefully Arrington will be swept out to the street like he belongs, giving Shipp some additional value.

Edited by Bronco Billy