[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Revenge of the Sith

Skilly

:D

I have seen this movie about 3 times now. Once in the theater with my kids, and then a few times on the DVD at home. I never got around to posting any comments about this movie, but here they are:

Pretty much every single line of dialogue in that movie should be re-written. It's plainly evident that the producers spent 10 times the amount of effort on the special effects than they did the plot and writing. It's sort of like watching the high-def NFL Network football games last year with Bryant Gumble droning on making no sense.

Hayden Christiansen was---well, awful is perhaps too nice. But I won't put the blame on him, because he was just working with what the writers gave him, and what Lucas told him to do.

Ewan McGreggor was particularly wooden and uninteresting.

The lack of serious Wookie action, falsely promoted in the trailers, was dissappointing.

Anyway, I don't see how anyone can be satisfied with that movie, which was supposed to be the lynchpin tying the two trilogies together. Can George Lucas be held responsible somehow? Does anyone think that these movies will be remade in the future?

Thanks for letting me rant. :D:tup:

I was nerding out with a friend last night. We went to the Tigers game and talked Star Wars before the game started. My 2 1/2 year old son loves The Phantom Menace. (Alright, he loves the first thirty minutes... he's only two). My students at school also love it. I explained to him that the magic of seeing the original trilogy as a kid makes it harder for us to enjoy the new trilogy. Of course we don't think it's as good, it's not as magical of an experience.

The new trilogy is good. The original trilogy had crappy dialogue too. Re-watching The Phantom Menace with my son, I can see how excited I got as a kid. You'll never get the same feeling watching Star Wars as an adult as you did as a kid. You'll only get a chance to remember what it was like.

Lucas couldn't even get that great fight at the end right: "Give it up Anakin, I have the high ground!" :D

So, next time I'm in a light saber battle, run to the nearest hill or staircase to win?

Yes.

Lucas couldn't even get that great fight at the end right: "Give it up Anakin, I have the high ground!" :D

So, next time I'm in a light saber battle, run to the nearest hill or staircase to win?

I found that line poignant. . .I like to look at the Star Wars movies as part kick ass action and special effects and part mythology. That line was more mythology than just "I'm higher than you". It's been a historical fact that battles fought on uneven terrain have favored the higher troops. But, obviously Obi-Wan is implying that the dark side is at a disadvantage to the Jedi.

Thumbs up here. . .then again, I've been programmed since the age of 5 to like anything with the words Star Wars attached, and I make no bones about it. Well, except Jar Jar. . .he belongs in a wood chipper.

• 4 years later...
Bump

Spike is running a Star Wars marathon & memory doesn't do this movie enough injustice. I think the acting gets even more horrid every time I see this movie.

+1 I rewatched last night and really didn't remember it being that awful. I was barely able to sit through it.

+1 I rewatched last night and really didn't remember it being that awful. I was barely able to sit through it.

I'm actually considering buying the 1,2,3 trilogy on DVD to go with the 4,5,6 trilogy. I'd like to do a marathon of all six this winter. Will I survive? :wacko:

I'm actually considering buying the 1,2,3 trilogy on DVD to go with the 4,5,6 trilogy. I'd like to do a marathon of all six this winter. Will I survive? :wacko:

If you make it through Phantom Menace (Episode 1), you'll get through them all. Go into Sith with an open mind and you might like it as much as I do. Despite the klunky dialogue and Hayden's acting, it's philosophically the most interesting of all 6 films. And there are some real CGI gems, like the too brief Battle of Kashyyyk and the fight scene on Mustafar.

If you really want to go toe to toe on bad dialogue, Episodes 4-6 have plenty. How about when Leia's home planet and family is destroyed and she lets out a "No!" like someone took half a snickers bar away from her (which btw, if you've seen Carrie Fisher lately you know that'd get a much bigger reaction).

And just about every line of dialogue out of 3-PO's tin can mouth in episodes 5 and 6 makes my eyes roll out of my head.

I thought it was cool... :wacko:

I agree with you completely. It's my favorite of the entire series. I own all the DVDs, and have watched ROTS dozens of times. To me, it's cool to see the Jedi kicking ass in their prime. The special effects in it were awesome. I just enjoyed the ride, never felt a need to criticize the move.

...just my two cents. I'm wearing my asbestos Vader pajamas...so go ahead and flame me! :tup:

To make the whole thing bearable I recommend skipping all but the first and last ten minutes of Menace, then watch the first season of Clone Wars (the one that ran in episodes on the Cartoon network) - it is a direct lead in to ROTS - it shows how the emperor worked with Grievious on the 'kidnapping' that opens the film. It's actually the best story from the prequels...

I'd guess we have not less than three "All Six Episodes Marathon" each winter with the kids, making forts, etc. More than half the fun is falling asleep at 2am with you and your kids piled up in a hugh snoring sweating mess with popcorn grease everywhere, only to wake up to a hugh stack of pancakes, a re-stoked fire and re-starting the last movie you fell asleep to, and keep going until all six are done!

So, it's all the way you approach these movies, I guess. :wacko:

I'd guess we have not less than three "All Six Episodes Marathon" each winter with the kids, making forts, etc. More than half the fun is falling asleep at 2am with you and your kids piled up in a hugh snoring sweating mess with popcorn grease everywhere, only to wake up to a hugh stack of pancakes, a re-stoked fire and re-starting the last movie you fell asleep to, and keep going until all six are done!

So, it's all the way you approach these movies, I guess. :wacko:

Will you be my dad?

"Where are you going Anakin?"

"I'm going to find my Mootthher"

:wacko:

that guy is the worst actor I have ever seen in a movie. I think the jar-jar scenes are less painful. the actors he plays opposite are pretty good (portman, mcgregor, etc), they must have wanted to stab themselves every time they had to do a scene with him.

that guy is the worst actor I have ever seen in a movie. I think the jar-jar scenes are less painful. the actors he plays opposite are pretty good (portman, mcgregor, etc), they must have wanted to stab themselves every time they had to do a scene with him.

...which raises the question of casting...

Who was in charge of that, and have they casted anything else so that we can make sure that we can avoid it?

Agree ... lots of good actors in those movies (Portman, Jackson, Neeson, McGregor, etc.) ... but Christensen is the next generations' Keanu Reeves ...