[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Revenge of the Sith

Skilly

...which raises the question of casting...

Who was in charge of that, and have they casted anything else so that we can make sure that we can avoid it?

Agree ... lots of good actors in those movies (Portman, Jackson, Neeson, McGregor, etc.) ... but Christensen is the next generations' Keanu Reeves ...

the first one he was in, I think he was pretty young. so lucas probably wanted to cast someone who was like 15, and could then "grow" into the role, literally and figuratively. I guess it must be slightly difficult predicting which 15 year old will be able to act in 8 years. :tup:

edit: I guess he was older than that, actually.

On May 12, 2000, Christensen announced that he would be starring as Anakin Skywalker in the next two prequels Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005). Director George Lucas had turned down such big names as Leonardo DiCaprio and Ryan Phillipe for the role, as well as 1,500 other candidates.[20]

Lucas is quoted as saying that he chose Christensen because he "needed an actor who has that presence of the dark side" that was essential to solidify the story that Lucas was trying to tell: The tragic fall of Anakin Skywalker and the rise of Darth Vader.

he was 19 in 2000. yeah, good call passing on leo dicaprio for this tool because you need an actor with a convincing dark side. :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

he was 19 in 2000. yeah, good call passing on leo dicaprio for this tool because you need an actor with a convincing dark side. :wacko:

Man, that sucks. Dicaprio working with McGregor could've actually saved some of these movies. It's funny that they were also looking at Ryan Phillipe as well. I never really knew Christensen from anything before but he always came off as a watered down version of Ryan Phillipe

that guy is the worst actor I have ever seen in a movie. I think the jar-jar scenes are less painful. the actors he plays opposite are pretty good (portman, mcgregor, etc), they must have wanted to stab themselves every time they had to do a scene with him.

Christensen has been fairly well-regarded in other stuff he's done (Life as a House, Shattered Glass)....I tend to think the problem is with Lucas' direction - both Christensen and Portman came across as stiff, and their onscreen chemistry could best be described as "nonexistent"; guys like Lee, Neeson, and McGregor rise out of the murk because they can just SELL it, no matter how bad it might be.

Edited by Chavez

the first one he was in, I think he was pretty young. so lucas probably wanted to cast someone who was like 15, and could then "grow" into the role, literally and figuratively. I guess it must be slightly difficult predicting which 15 year old will be able to act in 8 years. :tup:

James Franco was in the wheel house age wise back then, and I don't know his name but the kid actor who played Pyro in XMen 2 would've been solid as well.

DiCaprio would also cost too much money and I think Lucas has an ego that makes him think he can make someone a star instead of just putting a star in the role and taking the easy route

regardless...the ball was dropped

Anakin's turn to the dark side didn't make any damn sense. No, Mace Windu, Palpatine should stand trial for his crimes, not be summarily executed. Oops, I killed Mace Windu, might as well kill a bunch of helpless jedi kids now. Also, WAH, I was just made a jedi but now I want to be made master for no reason WAH! What a bitch.

I refuse to give no neck any more of my money.

In conclusion NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by gsmayes

Anakin's turn to the dark side didn't make any damn sense. No, Mace Windu, Palpatine should stand trial for his crimes, not be summarily executed. Oops, I killed Mace Windu, might as well kill a bunch of helpless jedi kids now. Also, WAH, I was just made a jedi but now I want to be made master for no reason WAH! What a bitch.

I refuse to give no neck any more of my money.

In conclusion NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

When he turned into Frankenvader, even my life-sized Captain Kirk doll couldn't comfort me. Screw you Lucas.