[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 IDP Mock Draft Chat, Banter & Bashing

I was wondering who James Adkisson was. My vote would be to let all the picks that have passed (1 so far) stay and let tbimm repick his 22.08 (i.e. swiss keeps Taylor, etc...).

Agree with this.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got andre carter who i think/hope will continue to put up numbers like he did the final 6 weeks of the yr last yr(he was the #1DL in the league over that time)...plus i own him in DW3 and need to see him continue with that type of production

Solid FF DE with a large upside. Taking him where you did, you have to really like his value. Nice work.

Not sure why Ken Hamlin fell to round 25. He is still starting at FS, just now in Dallas. He isnt top 20 material, but certainly better than 48th best Db in the league.

Because of the fact that DAL now has 2 safeties that would have trouble covering a parapalegic in pass coverage might force a change there, or that Hamlin will get less opportunities than Williams at enhacing his tackle numbers?

I've got Hamlin in a dynasty league and am conceding the fact that playing FS, especially in DAL, probably gave his value a significant whack. DAL was about the last team I was hoping would pick him up.

Because of the fact that DAL now has 2 safeties that would have trouble covering a parapalegic in pass coverage might force a change there, or that Hamlin will get less opportunities than Williams at enhacing his tackle numbers?

I've got Hamlin in a dynasty league and am conceding the fact that playing FS, especially in DAL, probably gave his value a significant whack. DAL was about the last team I was hoping would pick him up.

Which is exactly the same situation last yr in Seattle. Bouleware and Hamlin were no better than Roy and Ken will be. I dont see Dallas sitting Hamlin, as he is better than what Dallas has.

QUOTE(boat_hacked @ 7/10/07 2:07pm) Oh, Sgt. Ryan thanks for taking Hall in Rd. #25. :D see what goes around comes around.

Thanks, but I preferred someone else. Bye Weeks wouldnt allow it, so I went with Hall instead.

Oh, same here on the bye weeks. i would have liked to take a flyer on jarret johnson but allen on bye that week too.

Edited by boat_hacked

BB -- I really liked your team before you filled out the rest of your defensive backs. Kennedy, Jackson, and Rouse could all EASILY be backups come Week 1. :D

I have to know what you were thinking.

There's no one on DET or CIN capable of taking either Kennedy's or Jackson's job. Kennedy's past 2 year's production starting in DET would make him the 15th best DB per our scoring last season. With Kaevesharn gone, Jackson takes over sole possession of the starting SS spot, and there's no one on CIN roster who is capable of taking his job if he is healthy, and when he's healthy he's at least a #3 DB in this league scoring. Both guys are going to put up good tackle numbers.

As for Rouse - I love this guy & his opportunity. GB's SS position is a complete disaster, and neither Manual nor Underwood has the ability to hold Rouse off. He's big, fast, & physical, and he'll rack up good tackle numbers in that defense. I almost went with Nelson or Weddle here, but I just like the situation Rouse is in better.

Here's the best part - I got all of them late in the draft and even if none of them pan out, DB is the easiest position to replace in IDP football, especially with S & CB lumped together. I don't expect that to happen, though. These guys are all high upside DBs, and they are because they are all SSs, they all hit, and they all are the best their team has at the position.

There's no one on DET or CIN capable of taking either Kennedy's or Jackson's job. Kennedy's past 2 year's production starting in DET would make him the 15th best DB per our scoring last season. With Kaevesharn gone, Jackson takes over sole possession of the starting SS spot, and there's no one on CIN roster who is capable of taking his job if he is healthy, and when he's healthy he's at least a #3 DB in this league scoring. Both guys are going to put up good tackle numbers.

As for Rouse - I love this guy & his opportunity. GB's SS position is a complete disaster, and neither Manual nor Underwood has the ability to hold Rouse off. He's big, fast, & physical, and he'll rack up good tackle numbers in that defense. I almost went with Nelson or Weddle here, but I just like the situation Rouse is in better.

Here's the best part - I got all of them late in the draft and even if none of them pan out, DB is the easiest position to replace in IDP football, especially with S & CB lumped together. I don't expect that to happen, though. These guys are all high upside DBs, and they are because they are all SSs, they all hit, and they all are the best their team has at the position.

Hmmm...I see your point; I guess I just disagree. I don't feel good about Kennedy with Gerald Alexander hanging around. I think Marvin White has just as good a chance as Dexter Jackson to take the SS spot in Cincy. And I love Rouse, too, but that spot is a MESS, with Manuel, Culver, Bigby, Underwood, and Rouse all looking like they have nearly equal chances to win it.

Still, Rouse is probably the pick I understand most -- if you're considering all of them just "replaceable" DBs. Why not try for upside? I get that...but it doesn't seem to translate to picking Kennedy and Jackson. There are 10 guys still on the waiver wire who I'd draft before those two.

Like I said, though, the rest of your team is very solid. :D

Still, Rouse is probably the pick I understand most -- if you're considering all of them just "replaceable" DBs. Why not try for upside? I get that...but it doesn't seem to translate to picking Kennedy and Jackson. There are 10 guys still on the waiver wire who I'd draft before those two.

I love a good debate! We'll have to see how training camp shakes out - this will make it a bit more interesting.

As far as upside, what more upside can you ask for a 19th round pick or beyond if they end up startable players? :D

One of us is going to look dumb once the season is underway...

:D

Zooty - question for you: You said in your write up that you considered TE Scheffler one of your best values. Yet Shanahan paid Daniel Graham as one of their top FA pickups in the offseason. Graham is a superior run blocker and DEN is a run first team, so it would figure that Graham should see significantly more playing time than Scheffler. Then you add that DEN now has for the first time in a while some depth in their WR corps with Walker, Marshall, R Smith, Stokley, Hixon that Scheffler's opportunities will be limited in obvious passing situations even if he is a better receiver than Graham (having seen Graham catch the ball at CU, that's debatable, but let's give Scheffler the benefit of the doubt) because Shanahan can go to legit 3 wide sets, it seems to me that Scheffler will really be limited unless he has learned to upgrade his blocking skills in the offseason by a large margin. I intentionally stayed away from Scheffler for just that reason. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts...

Zooty - question for you: You said in your write up that you considered TE Scheffler one of your best values. Yet Shanahan paid Daniel Graham as one of their top FA pickups in the offseason. Graham is a superior run blocker and DEN is a run first team, so it would figure that Graham should see significantly more playing time than Scheffler. Then you add that DEN now has for the first time in a while some depth in their WR corps with Walker, Marshall, R Smith, Stokley, Hixon that Scheffler's opportunities will be limited in obvious passing situations even if he is a better receiver than Graham (having seen Graham catch the ball at CU, that's debatable, but let's give Scheffler the benefit of the doubt) because Shanahan can go to legit 3 wide sets, it seems to me that Scheffler will really be limited unless he has learned to upgrade his blocking skills in the offseason by a large margin. I intentionally stayed away from Scheffler for just that reason. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts...

From fanball.com:

The News

Tony Scheffler's broken bone in his foot is progressing well, but it's still unclear if he'll be ready to go when training camp opens, according to the Rocky Mountain News. "I'm kind of in their hands and they've stressed to me I should be about ready to go come camp," he said. "But it's kind of hard to guess what will happen in the next two or three weeks."

Our View

This injury, combined with the acquisition of Daniel Graham, leaves Scheffler's fantasy value limited.

Bingo.

If Scheffler's rated at all, he's overrated in my book. Graham is more than capable as a receiver (in addition to being an outstanding blocker).

I wish the Packers had landed Graham. :D

You would know the Den. situation better than me but here are my reasons

1- He seemed to have a good rapport with Cutler at the end of the year, having some good games

2- Graham is a blocker. He was never much of a factor in the passing game (granted it was NE) except for an occasional game here and there. In fact he was so good they spent high draft picks on Watson in 05 and Thomas in 06. Lots of confidence in his hands from BB.

3- Shanny, since Sharpe left, has seemed to have a TE to block and another to catch (ex. S. Alexander- fantasy hype, then dud)

4- Outside of Walker & R. Smith (if he returns) they have no proven options at WR. You named a lot of guys with promise but as we all know, potential and $1 will get you a cup of coffee. Someone has to catch the ball and Cutler showed last year that he will throw it to him.

5- The injury concerns me but he should get his reps in camp and be ready to go (at least from what I read).

6- Graham will get more PT but only on run downs.

7- I could be totally wrong but its not like I passed on many better options :D

You would know the Den. situation better than me but here are my reasons

1- He seemed to have a good rapport with Cutler at the end of the year, having some good games

2- Graham is a blocker. He was never much of a factor in the passing game (granted it was NE) except for an occasional game here and there. In fact he was so good they spent high draft picks on Watson in 05 and Thomas in 06. Lots of confidence in his hands from BB.

3- Shanny, since Sharpe left, has seemed to have a TE to block and another to catch (ex. S. Alexander- fantasy hype, then dud)

4- Outside of Walker & R. Smith (if he returns) they have no proven options at WR. You named a lot of guys with promise but as we all know, potential and $1 will get you a cup of coffee. Someone has to catch the ball and Cutler showed last year that he will throw it to him.

5- The injury concerns me but he should get his reps in camp and be ready to go (at least from what I read).

6- Graham will get more PT but only on run downs.

7- I could be totally wrong but its not like I passed on many better options :D

I appreciate the response. I always worry about my perceptions being so close to the Broncos and having an affinity for them.

I appreciate the response. I always worry about my perceptions being so close to the Broncos and having an affinity for them.

Don't worry, there's always some one here to tell you that you're wrong :D