[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate my fantasy football team

j4mz

3 WR / 2 RB / 1QB / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 D

Round Pick Player Position

1. (3) Frank Gore RB

2. (18) Chad Johnson WR

3. (23) Reggie Wayne WR

4. (38) Deuce McAllister RB

5. (43) Thomas Jones RB

6. (58) Matt Hasselbeck QB

7. (63) Joey Galloway WR

8. (78) Brett Favre QB

9. (83) Kellen Winslow TE

10. (98) Brandon Jackson RB

11. (103) Isaac Bruce WR

12. (118) Pittsburgh DEF

13. (123) Chester Taylor RB

14. (138) Robbie Gould K

15. (143) Rod Smith WR

There is no freakin way we are to that point yet!

Your team is so incredible that I am in awe!

Sorry i'm having a bad day and had a little freak out. Carry on!

Gore and Jones are set up to have nice years. Deuce and Taylor will be highly effected by a RBBC situation. Bush and Peterson will eat away at their carries, but I guess Chester was a good pickup for such a late round. You have 2 great WR's but past that you have has beens and you should look for a promising free agent early in the season. As far as QB I feel you Hasselbeck is a decent pick in the 6th round but I would have looked for a more promising fantasy player in the 4th instead of picking up Deuce. That's just my opinion, but I think you should look to upgrade at the #3 RB and WR position, and maybe look for a better QB than Favre.

Gore and Jones are set up to have nice years. Deuce and Taylor will be highly effected by a RBBC situation. Bush and Peterson will eat away at their carries, but I guess Chester was a good pickup for such a late round. You have 2 great WR's but past that you have has beens and you should look for a promising free agent early in the season. As far as QB I feel you Hasselbeck is a decent pick in the 6th round but I would have looked for a more promising fantasy player in the 4th instead of picking up Deuce. That's just my opinion, but I think you should look to upgrade at the #3 RB and WR position, and maybe look for a better QB than Favre.

Thanks flip_side, I really appreciate your constructive criticism. I'll take your advice into consideration for my second money league which drafts next month.

Pretty good for the 3 hole. I think you got sick value on Jones - no way he slips that far in my league. Good value on Duece too - I know Bush is there, but he's actually more of a threat to steal catches, not handoffs. I agree you jumped on Hasselbeck too soon - you need more upside there. You also need something more dynamic in your WR #3. Those changes should almost be solvable with the FA list though, and the rest of your team is pretty pimp.

I'd be starting Jones over Deuce....maybe I am weird though.

Why Favre in the 8th round?

Maybe it's just me, and I don't know who was available but I might have tried to go WR or TE there. Perhaps, you could have nailed down someone better than Bruce as your bye week filler. KW2 is solid at TE and I don't know if much improvement could have been made. Tough to say without being in the draft and knowing who was available.

Overall, pretty good team. I'd look to FA's to strengthen your wr's. I don't think you'll be able to really count on Bruce and Smith should you have too. I'd also look for some help at TE as well. KWII is still rehabbing from surgery and you may need a fill-in 'til he gets going. I'm not going to nit-pick any of your picks or when you drafted them. The core of your team is pretty decent. If you can find some help for your WR's and a backup at TE I think you'll do alright. :D

I have to be honest..not sure what your scoring system is, but from the 3 hole in a 10 team league I think you could have done a lot better at the RB pos. CT was a steel for you late in the draft. I would have went with LJ or SJ with #3 instead of Gore. WR are ok. Could have had a better QB if you score 6 per TD thrown. And agree on TE...in a 10 team league you should have drafted a top 3 or 4 TE.

If your not in a yardage/reception leauge make a move for some TD makers and hope for the best.

Gunners

3 WR / 2 RB / 1QB / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 D

Round Pick Player Position

1. (3) Frank Gore RB

2. (18) Chad Johnson WR

3. (23) Reggie Wayne WR

4. (38) Deuce McAllister RB

5. (43) Thomas Jones RB

6. (58) Matt Hasselbeck QB

7. (63) Joey Galloway WR

8. (78) Brett Favre QB

9. (83) Kellen Winslow TE

10. (98) Brandon Jackson RB

11. (103) Isaac Bruce WR

12. (118) Pittsburgh DEF

13. (123) Chester Taylor RB

14. (138) Robbie Gould K

15. (143) Rod Smith WR

Round Pick Player Position ADP

1. (3) Frank Gore RB (4)

2. (18) Chad Johnson WR (28)

3. (23) Reggie Wayne WR (32)

4. (38) Deuce McAllister RB (46)

5. (43) Thomas Jones RB (26)

6. (58) Matt Hasselbeck QB (68)

7. (63) Joey Galloway WR (82)

8. (78) Brett Favre QB (103)

9. (83) Kellen Winslow TE (64)

10. (98) Brandon Jackson RB (129)

11. (103) Isaac Bruce WR (117)

12. (118) Pittsburgh DEF (98)

13. (123) Chester Taylor RB (99)

14. (138) Robbie Gould K (101)

15. (143) Rod Smith WR (275)

Not so hot, huh? You got a steal in Jones (I don't know any league where he's lasted until the 5th round except yours), but even if you move him into the 2nd round draft slot and drop the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th 1 round - then your 1st 5 rounds are right about average. The with the exception of stealing Winslow in the 9th, you are way over ADP with the rest of your draft until the tail end.

You have a solid team, but you may struggle to get into the playoffs, and if you do you most probably won't go very far without some strong in-season moves. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give you a 5.

Edited by Bronco Billy

you're rolling the dice with gore's injury potential, and probably would be more solid with lj/jax, as several people have said already, but if u dont mind the gamble he could do very well this year. for taking two wr's so early you came out fairly well with rb2, but probably could have done better by taking a rb at 2 or 3, as tj and deuce both have too many ?s. hasselback is a good bet to return to good form this year, so good pick there, but apart from that you are really hurting at wr3 and maybe te, given uncertain cleveland qb situation (sometimes bad qbs work for te, sometimes does not) and winslow's injury possibilities...you look fairly solid, but reached for too many picks (favre, galloway & taking early defense in particular) and have too many ?s, like bruce. if your top guys man up big time you will contend for playoffs, but that's a lot to count on. make sure to scan your waiver wire hardcore or swing a trade early on to shore up your defeciencies and you could end doing very well. for all of the uncertainty, i do like your team and they should be 'fun to watch.' i'd try to dump bruce and smith for better wr's (is curry taken? some drafts i've been in have inexplicably ignored him) adn try and get a backup te (owen daniels? eric johnson? tony scheffler?)....another thing to look at is seliing taylor off early if he does well games 1-3, assuming jones or deuce can carry you.

Who cares? Gore was there. End of discussion.

No, it's not the end of the discussion. You've been relentlessly pimping Gore as the best FF RB this coming season. That being the case, could you please post your projections for LT, Jackson, LJ, & Gore for the coming season? It's one thing to say he's the best and it's an entirely different thing to put numbers to it. Let's see how you project the top 4 FF RBs this coming season.

No, it's not the end of the discussion. You've been relentlessly pimping Gore as the best FF RB this coming season. That being the case, could you please post your projections for LT, Jackson, LJ, & Gore for the coming season? It's one thing to say he's the best and it's an entirely different thing to put numbers to it. Let's see how you project the top 4 FF RBs this coming season.

:D waiting....