[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Transformers!

seminoles

Good point Det.

The weirdest thing over there will be watching NFL Football games at 1am, 4am, and 8am on Mondays and 9am on Tuesdays. :D

I remember being in China. I was tired from a long day and just wanted to chill out in my hotel room. Lucky for me I saw that on ESPN international, they were showing American Football. Well, it was like a 2-5 Kansas vs 1-6 Iowa St. or something like that. The condensed it down to one hour and it was basically a montage of three and outs. I couldn't imagine a worse way to expose Asia to American Football.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the entire Robotech series at a nearby store for under $40. That'll be one VERY unproductive weekend when I crack it open...

Have you seen Macross Plus? Friggin great movie. Its animated but the use a dash of cg. Great storyline.

I saw it Tuesday and we absolutely loved it. Me and the wife wanted to go see Licensed to Wed and my boy wanted to see Transformers. We said that if he didn't like L2W, that we would go see Transformers afterwards. Well of course he didn't like the chick flick.

We all liked Transformers much more.

I went to see it yesterday at the adult theater...turns out I saw "Former Trannies"...special effects weren't so great...

:D Very good!

Have you seen Macross Plus? Friggin great movie. Its animated but the use a dash of cg. Great storyline.

I've been watching it on the Sci Fi channel. They've been playing it on Monday nights in one hour chunks. The final part is coming up this Monday.

Yea, should be. I mean, there isn't any gore or anything, and other than that one masturbating reference, there aren't really any inappropriate parts. Just a ton of robot vs. robot action.

+1, I have taken my 5 year old to see it twice. There is one scene that upset him and made him cry a bit, but soon after the situation was reversed so no lingering damage.

That should work out great. In several months, it will open there so you can see it again.

From Wikipedia:

The film was released in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the Philippines on June 28. It was released in the United States and Canada on July 2 and will be released in the United Kingdom on July 27. The U.S. release date of July 4, 2007 was announced at the Comic-Con International in July 2005,[77] before being pushed forward to July 3 with 8pm screenings on July 2, similar to what was done with Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.[78]

Looks like I'll get sneak peeks in the PI.

My son-in-law saw it and said the special effects were absolutely amazing but didn't think the storyline was particularly strong. :D

I guess I'll just have to see it for myself to see what he's talking about! :D

Just saw it today. The action scenes are great and I thought the story line was okay. The real treat was watching Megan Fox on screen. What a BABE!!! :tup:

Ok... just saw Transformers tonight and I feel like I am missing something from all you other posters.

This movie didn't suck anywhere near as bad as Pearl Harbor, but to call this a "great movie" would be a huge overstatement. I grew up with the Transformers and went in ready to suspend my disbelief while expecting a fun, action packed flick. The first hour showed a ton of promise and then the thing fell almost completely apart IMO. The action was extremely hard to follow once the Autobots (besides Bumblebee) came to earth and I had a hard time distinguishing the Autobots from the Decepticons when in robot form. Megatron was barely in the movie. Story was non-existent which I came in half expecting, but it wasn't enough to keep me involved through the fighting. Michael Bay once again proves to me that he knows how to make a fun set up for a film, but has no choice but to resort loud, dumb action that gets old after a while.

Transformers wasn't a total waste, but I don't feel that it really is as great (or even good) as everyone is saying here even for a loud, dumb action movie.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I saw it last night. I thought it was a very good movie. A lot of hughmor.

Like TD said, the first hour was great. The plot kinda got murky after that, but I wasn't expecting it to be an all time classic. It's Transformers, for cryin' out loud. It was definitely better than Spider-Man 3 or Fantastic 4.

H8, there was one scene where a human got impaled by the tail of one of the scorpion robots. Most of the other times, human bodies are just flying around in explosions. Then there was the masturbation reference. I still think I'm gonna take my 5 year old to see it though.

I saw it last night. I thought it was a very good movie. A lot of hughmor.

Like TD said, the first hour was great. The plot kinda got murky after that, but I wasn't expecting it to be an all time classic. It's Transformers, for cryin' out loud. It was definitely better than Spider-Man 3 or Fantastic 4.

H8, there was one scene where a human got impaled by the tail of one of the scorpion robots. Most of the other times, human bodies are just flying around in explosions. Then there was the masturbation reference. I still think I'm gonna take my 5 year old to see it though.

And that impalement is pretty mild and bloodless so I think it's kid safe in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on vacation for the hell of it. Didn't think I would as I'm not a fan of the director, Michael Bay, but what the hell, it was vacation.

Couple thoughts:

Megan Fox, OMG! May have gone straight to my top 5 hotties.

Still not a fan of Bay.

Agree with other posters that the first half was solid ("Baby, come back!" LOL @ that scene) and the last hour sucked.

Saw this on vacation for the hell of it. Didn't think I would as I'm not a fan of the director, Michael Bay, but what the hell, it was vacation.

Couple thoughts:

Megan Fox, OMG! May have gone straight because of her.

Still not a fan of Bay.

Agree with other posters that the first half was solid ("Baby, come back!" LOL @ that scene) and the last hour sucked.

Don't switch sides just for her :D