Sign in to follow this  
Copeman

Pittsburgh beats Cleveland once again

Erie and Dorothy have lived on the Cathedral since 2002 and raised 22 chicks, including four that left the nest for good last month.

Typical Pittsburgh family situation... 80% of the kids never leave home.

Typical Pittsburgh family situation... 80% of the kids never leave home.

As much as I can appreciate humor, I can only wish that was indeed true. Acutally, about 80% of the kids leave the city for other areas that have more jobs. That's been all over the news lately. We've lost half our population in the last few decades to cities in the south and the suburbs of Pittsburgh. We're not the only ones. Cleveland, Buffalo, Philly, Detroit, St. Louis...all the same. Everyone is going to Atlanta, Vegas, and Phoenix.

As much as I can appreciate humor, I can only wish that was indeed true. Acutally, about 80% of the kids leave the city for other areas that have more jobs. That's been all over the news lately. We've lost half our population in the last few decades to cities in the south and the suburbs of Pittsburgh. We're not the only ones. Cleveland, Buffalo, Philly, Detroit, St. Louis...all the same. Everyone is going to Atlanta, Vegas, and Phoenix.

I've been in Cleveland since 1994 and I'm planning my escape route already. Sad, actually, I agree.