Sign in to follow this  
jetsfan

AC/DC is best served loud

At home, work off tomorrow, wife and kids are out of town :cheers: and I wondered why my parents didn't like me listening to them as a kid...

neckties, contracts, high voltage

Edited by jetsfan

In my opinion Back in Black is the best album ever made..You can turn the volume up and listen straight through

In my opinion Back in Black is the best album ever made..You can turn the volume up and listen straight through

My first good stereo in a car was when I was 17, had quadraphonic and a used 8-track player. Dude threw in Back in Black with it. The quad on that f|_|cker is pure magic.

Edited by cre8tiff

My brother and I just finished a long series of e-mails on this subject. He says either Nevermind or The Bends by Radiohead. I'm convinced the Beatles recorded the greatest album of all time, but I can't decide whether it was Abbey Road or the White Album.

I am going to listen to Kelly Clarkson records all day at a very moderate noise level... :D

There is no doubt!

I am going to listen to Kelly Clarkson records all day at a very moderate noise level... :D

You listen to Death Cab for Cutie. :D

my kids love it... " turn it up daddy" " i want to here the thunder song" and then they chant along with the live cut of thunder struck " Angus.. Angus..."

there will be no rap or pop in this house :D

My brother and I just finished a long series of e-mails on this subject. He says either Nevermind or The Bends by Radiohead. I'm convinced the Beatles recorded the greatest album of all time, but I can't decide whether it was Abbey Road or the White Album.

Tell your bro to that music WAS made before 1991.

Best album of all time... :D ....I know that I find Jeff Buckley's Grace to be damn near a perfect explosion of talent and songwriting, but it didn't have any sort of effect on the general zeitgeist, which I would sort of expect a truly "great" album to do. But is "greatness" the same as "best"?

My 11-year-old knows the lyrics to that entire album. The missus was none too please when he walked down the singing Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution: I took a look inside your bedroom door, You looked so good lyin' on your bed :D

IMO Back in Black is the pinnacle of their few worthwhile things post-Bon.

Tell your bro to that music WAS made before 1991.

It's pretty obvious that he was born in 1979. . .to him the entire history of popular music started with the Beatles, then went Nirvana, System of a Down, Radiohead, White Stripes. . .

that's it, that's the list.

I think it's great that the simplicity of AC/DC's music can transcend through the age's. I was in high-school (11th grade I believe) when Back in Black was released. Easily the most played keg party album of the next two years +. My son is born in 1986 and as he grows and discovers music in his early teens, he gravitates towards AC/DC and Zep. While I think it's great, he tells me that all his friends listen to AC/DC and it still makes appearances at keg parties. Now I have a 13 year old nephew and HE loves AC/DC! He's an iPod junkie and whenever i ask him what he's listening to, he usually replies AC/DC or Van Halen. I think there is just something in the music that makes you move your head and bring a smile to your face no matter how old you are.

Love the band, always have, but prefer the Bon Scott era.

Love the band, always have, but prefer the Bon Scott era.

+1

I'm going to put powerage on now , after reading this thread. :D

My 11-year-old knows the lyrics to that entire album. The missus was none too please when he walked down the singing Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution: I took a look inside your bedroom door, You looked so good lyin' on your bed :D

That's great, hahaha! My 4 year old was running around a few month's ago singing over and over and over again

Dir-TY DEEDS and the DUN DER DEETS!

Standing on the edge of the road

Thumb in the air

One of these days

I'm gonna change my evil ways

Till then I'll just keep... ridin' on.

my kids love it... " turn it up daddy" " i want to here the thunder song" and then they chant along with the live cut of thunder struck " Angus.. Angus..."

there will be no rap or pop in this house :D

Add my kids to this list. :D

My 19 yr old knows his AC/DC and Doors almost better than I do.

All my AC/DC is on vinyl. But I haven't had a record player since 1995. :D

I'm convinced the Beatles recorded the greatest album of all time, but I can't decide whether it was Abbey Road or the White Album.

The White Album has some gems (Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, Savoy Truffle, along with the better-known hits), but I'll take Abbey Road or Revolver over it. The White Album would've been a lot better if they would've cut out about 7 or 8 songs.

Edited by Bill Swerski